Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Kill and soon to be Kill

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 03:26 AM
angryterry26

Default Kill and soon to be Kill

So a buddy of mine is always talkin about his malibu and how it has such a big engine and so on. It is only a 1996 v6 or sumthin. So we left work at the same time the other day and we paired off on a clear highway road. Waited for the red to go green. Started the power break and when green hit i got some one tire spin action(soon to be fixed) and literally smoked him off the line. pulled out ahead of him quick. next light i gave him a two car length lead and i still killed him and he hasn't said a word about his car since.

He just got his brand new 05 charger today and swears by its 250 flywheel hp. I told him i would smoke him now too. Such a heavy car he doesn't have a chance. We'll pair them off while they are still stock. I plan on changeing a lot during the next month or two. I'll let you all know when i add another notch to the old belt.
Old 02-18-2006, 04:01 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Kill and soon to be Kill

what are the 0-60 and 1/4 mile stats on that thing? i can only find stuff for the v8
Old 02-18-2006, 04:03 AM
angryterry26

not sure, but it weighs like a ton more!
Old 02-18-2006, 04:09 AM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

From Consumer Guide... [The 3.5 V6 is OK in town, but has only adequate passing punch. Dodge claims 9.3 sec 0-60 mph.]

Here's the source of the above quote: http://auto.consumerguide.com/Auto/N.../Act/RoadTest/

Even stock, you'll absolutely roast the V6 Charger. In fact, my wife's base model Pontiac Vibe with it's K&N intake might give it a good run (oh yeah... the Vibe is a beast! LOL!). The two V8 models are a whole different story...
Old 02-18-2006, 05:04 AM
nicarc369
2nd Gear Member

Even stock, you'll absolutely roast the V6 Charger. In fact, my wife's base model Pontiac Vibe with it's K&N intake might give it a good run (oh yeah... the Vibe is a beast! LOL!). The two V8 models are a whole different story...
AGREED! One of my friends has the V6 charger and he nicknamed it the boat! lol
Old 02-18-2006, 11:49 AM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

250 flywheel HP, 3.92 gears, and weigh a ton more, you shouldnt have a problem.
Old 02-18-2006, 01:13 PM
Puerto Rico 4.6
3rd Gear Member

I think u even have a chance againts the regular v-8 not the srt8 one. I saw one do 14.7 at the track so with a few mods u could also take it down. Good Kill
Old 02-18-2006, 02:44 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

wow that thing is slowwww, i mean seriosuly, 9.3?
Old 02-21-2006, 01:12 AM
n25sh

We walked right past the V-6 Chargers, and your Mustang will, too. The V-8s are another story. The wife needed a nice 4-door sedan so she's parking a new Daytona Charger beside my V-6 Mustang. I keep putting off taking both of 'em to the track & getting times (completely stock, both), but my impression is straight line they're about even up to 40 MPH, the Charger has a slight advantage to about 60, and after that the V-6 starts to wheeze while the Hemi is just starting to feel good. I haven't taken the Charger above 120 yet, but it still had me pushed back in the seat when I got there. I love the Charger, but I love the Mustang more because it's gobs more fun to maneuver, looks better and realistically there aren't too many situations where the extra acceleration above 60 MPH is of any value. Heck, last month I smoked a friend's new GTO, but mostly because I got a much better launch--he was closing on me fast at the end. On the other hand the Charger's been totally trouble-free while the Mustang's spent two weeks in the shop on five visits and it's still not right.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:41 AM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

This will be interesting. My boy ran into a Charger in his 04 Titan and my boy asked if he wanted to race, he just kept looking straight and gripped the wheel tighter. (goofball)The light turns green and boy had the front of his hood next to his window on the titan the whole time!! The Titan took a 06 Charger and it was the R/T not the V6!!! lol I bet that kid was pissed he just got beat by a heavy *** truck and he just paid for a hemi in a car that weighs as much as a truck. Those things are like 320 HP at the wheel and 340 tq at the wheel but thats because they weigh so dam much. My boys Titan is 270 meybe 285hp rearwheel with muffler & CAI. and 300 TQ at the wheel and still took him. Gave him a good race but not what you would think for a charger. They are way over rated. Plus you can't break the computer in those yet just like Nissian. Everybody with a Charger and 350Z has to wait till the computer is broke. There is 2 guys that can break it, one guy in Cali called Jim Wolf who does Nissans and another in Florida some were. So basically when you see a charger just be thank full that you can tune your Ford lol cause all they can do is bolt on and run the dynoing the old school way.

Yea I've been waiting for a kid in his V6 heck or V8 charger to pull up so I can really see what they got. I would have just waited for that Concept Challenger!!! have any of you seen that beast!! Thats what the charger should have looked like check it out OH and Camaro will be back they already have a concept for that car too. I looks bad, of course older but newer like are mustangs. So it will be Ford vs Chevy again in a year or two lol But yea just remember a Titan can keep up with the Chargers lol and I can keep up with my boys Titan