Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

EMERGENCY BRAKE FROZEN/STUCK

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 03:23 PM
ChristopherCamel
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: EMERGENCY BRAKE FROZEN/STUCK

update...my car has been at the dealer now 4 times for the freezing parking brake and it is still continuing to do it...so i've decided to sell my car as it has to many problems associated with it..im decideding my options as whether to sell it to a private person or force the dealer to take it back since it is obviously defecteve..it has at least 5 major problems with it...

when braking check engine light comes on
parking brake freezing and cant move
shifting is notchy and makes loud grinding noise
wont start right on days it is cold
brakes squeek
dashboad rattle
and many more
Old 02-27-2006, 09:47 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

dude jsut dont use the E-brake, i never do, my cars a manual. jsut avoid parking on a steep hill, even a small incline wont matter.. the ratio of your 1st gear and your rear end combined sooo high of an underdrive that even if you push it the tires will drag a few inches before they decide to roll.. when i park my car i jsut leave it in first and turn the car off, the only time i use the e brake is to brake my *** end loose to "try" and drift an on or off ramp or something
Old 02-28-2006, 01:13 PM
cathane

Sometimes that's not an option. I know exactly what he's talking about, my driveway is a really steep incline, I can't park on the road in the winter unless I want a $50 dollar fine from the city each night, and leaving it in first gear isn't an option. Before I got mine fixed I had to block the car whenever I parked it. Handbrakes should work no matter if it's winter or not, and I'm glad that since I've had mine replaced I haven't had even a hint of a problem. Guess I finally lucked out for once with this car and repair work. Later.

Cathane
Old 03-01-2006, 05:20 PM
alemcc
1st Gear Member

As an update, the dealership had my car for 4 days and they told me that they had to change the calipers of the rear brakes and some other mechanical jargon. The night I drove off with my car it felt like it did the day i bought it. However, after a cold night, there seem to be a similar problem. I didnt use the E-brake, but the car still seems to be laggin a bit. Im not sure how to explain it, but the clutch and brakes seem somewhat hard. I love the car, and will probably put up with it. The only good thing is that I never get charged for anything at the dealership i go to. However, it is a hassle driving around in the Focus rental.
Old 03-03-2006, 01:32 PM
ChristopherCamel
2nd Gear Member

my car is doing the exact same thing..it did it again this morning after we had that little snow storm(new jersey) so i just drive it till it goes away since it has been at the dealer over 4 times and they havent fixed it...

they replaced the parking cable and both rear brakes and rotors since they were overheated

im sure the news ones are overheated now...looks like they will be replacing them again since they still havnet fixed it

and before anyone says it...i have to use my parking brake..i park on a steep incline and it backs down the hill in first gear if it is not used and i cannot park on the street
Old 03-04-2006, 11:32 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

new tsb
http://www.2005stang.com/gallery/alb...%20freezes.pdf
Old 12-12-2006, 05:11 PM
06gt5spd
2nd Gear Member

This just happend to my car, but the difference is mine has been parked inside(not frozen) for about a month now. I thought since the roads were dry that I'd take it for a spin, thought it felt funny....press in the clutch and it would almost stop with out hitting the brake. Made it to where I was going, smelled burnt brakes and the pass. rear rotor was black. Called my dealer, they said to call there tow service, hour wait. (I don't think so) So I drove the car like that to my dealer (5 min away) They had a rental ready, I told them no - I have a few other cars to drive. Mine should be done today, both new parking brake cables, both new rotors and pads!
Old 12-12-2006, 05:27 PM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

+1 hahaha
ORIGINAL: Puleo76

join the club, lololol
Old 12-12-2006, 07:47 PM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

When I know its going to be below freezing I just park normally and pull the brake up, then after I shut her down ill trow it in 1st and drop the brake...no worries...
Old 12-15-2006, 12:17 AM
chrismcmac

My parking brake froze on 12/8. There is now a national backorder for the part. My car is still in the shop and could be there as long as a month. Worst part is that Ford refuses to get me a rental. I am furiuos.

Quick Reply: EMERGENCY BRAKE FROZEN/STUCK