Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Shaker 500/Subs and Amp

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 05:06 PM
aben8057

Default Shaker 500/Subs and Amp

Hello All,

I am in need of you expertise and great wisdom.

I have a stock V6 with the Shaker 500 system and would like to add an amp and subs. My question is what is the best (sound quality) route I should take? Should I buy a in-line convertor, if so, what speakers do I splice into? Can I use the remote signal from the present amp and run it parallel with the new amp? Where is the stock amp located?

TIA
Old 02-22-2006, 09:51 PM
cstigger04
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Shaker 500/Subs and Amp

Aben....I did exactly what you are wanting to do last weekend.....its easy depending on how much skill you have. Running the wires is very easy and I found a very good rought that doesn't require any cutting or drilling. I used an in line converter to get the signal to my amps RCA inputs. To do this I tapped into the rear speaker leads from the wiring harnes that is under the carpet in the trunk next to the seat. All you have to do is look at your speakers and match the wire colors to the wires you will find at the bottom of the seat back. Remember they will be hiding inside a black plastic wiring loom and there is alot of other wires in there too. There is one on each side. Now when I first turned mine on it sounded extremly bad, I was then going to sell mine thats how bad it sounded I got pissed and quit working on it. The next day I got in it and was messing with the settings on the deck and discovered that when I changer the sound stage to the setting that says drivers seat, instead of all seats...well hell all of a sudden it can to life and started pounding like mad, now I have my bass set flat and the amps gain is set to less than half way, and I am vibrating the hell out of the whole car, and my neighbors are complaining because of the BASS....LOL. serves them right for keeping me up at night when I have to get up early...ROTFLMAO, but thats another story. Now to get power for the Amps remote turn on I removed the stock stereo and tapped into the run/acess wire on the large plug. This is probably the best way to do this because it will not effect any other systems, and it works the way it is suposed to. I have wiring diagrams and if you need it I will take some pictures for you that will explain everything you need to know.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:38 PM
teigenl

Default RE: Shaker 500/Subs and Amp

I don't know much about speakers and wireing so I had Magnolia install my subs and amp. I had them take out the stereo face and put in a kenwood and then put my two 12inch subs in the trunk with my 1600watt Kenwood amp running to those. The other amp that came with the car stayed hooked up to the front subs. It all sounds great.