Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

My new 06 w/pony pkg pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 06:41 PM
PNYEXP

Default My new 06 w/pony pkg pics

Love this car. Here are a bunch of pics. I was very happy to find out it uses the GT suspension. So far I have found two flaws. There is something rolling around inside the steering wheel. Maybe under the spoke covers or the airbag module. Second is the right front fender is a different shade of green than the rest of the car. No repair or repaint is evident so it may have come from Ford this way. Plan to get both taken care of soon.

Old 02-23-2006, 08:22 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

Default RE: My new 06 w/pony pkg pics

Looks good! Man, that undercarriage is about as clean as I've seen. They develop surface rust pretty quick, especially on the differential.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:35 PM
FemmeCanuck
1st Gear Member

[sm=smiley27.gif] the interior! Same as mine! [sm=smiley27.gif] and no question on the stick I see! Good call, and welcome to the forum!
Old 02-23-2006, 08:39 PM
noir
2nd Gear Member

Congrats, looks good!
Old 02-23-2006, 08:46 PM
05 Cayuse
2nd Gear Member

Great looking car! I love that color, it was my first choice but I made the agreement "you can have the car if I have a vote on the color. Fair deal! As you can see I got my second choice.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:55 PM
SwtPnyChick
Lady Luck

Great lookin' car...Legend Lime looks great with the parchement interior. Have any plans for mods?

P.S. - Welcome aboard.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:25 PM
vistapony
2nd Gear Member

Love the pony package in Legend Lime! One of the most unique things about your car is that it's on the first LL Pony Packages I've seen where the side vinyl stripes have been removed. Just a personal preference of mine that I don't like them and yours is the first I've seen in LL without it. I love how it looks...very clean!
Old 02-23-2006, 11:37 PM
PNYEXP

I really do love the way the Pony package looks with no stripe on the side as well. I think the regular V6 premium with the knock-off wheels looks good with the side stripe however.

5spd was a questionable choice. It is growing on me each day. Not really the easiest car to drive smooth through first and second.

No immediate plans for mods but am interested in a dual exhaust setup and CAI possibly. If they only give a couple hp I won't bother though.

Thanks for all the compliments. My wife an I feel the Mustang is the best looking car on the road in almost the last 40 years.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:56 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

About the rattling/rolling in your steering wheel. Same thing happened to me. What actually happened was a tiny plastic clip that anchored the cruise control spacer buttons cracked loose and started rolling around in there. I found this out because eventually the second plastic anchor broke loose and the entire spacer button popped out. Had to get that replaced, but now no more rattling/rolling!
Old 02-24-2006, 01:27 AM
missysmustang

Congrats on the car. I love mine as well. I actually did get the stripe on mine.

Quick Reply: My new 06 w/pony pkg pics