Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Got my than the carwashed

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 03:20 PM
delstang05
1st Gear Member

Default Got my than the carwashed

Between the rain and snow out here on the east coast, I figured today was a good day to go to the carwash and get the car cleaned. Mind you I've been to this place many times before. I pull in and roll my window down to pay the lady. Usually they wait till after you pay to have the person start rinsing down the car with the hose. Well this guy starts spraying the one side of the car and I think nothing of it. Then another guy comes along and starts spraying the hood. Now, as the lady is comming back with my change, the guy sprays me right in the face and the inside of my car gets soaked. He does this twice before I can get the window up. I was so pissed as the entire inside of my car an my clothes are soaked with water. And the worse part is that I never heard one apology. Sorry for the long post but I had to share. Just wondering if anyones had a similar experience or if I'm just bad luck.
Old 02-24-2006, 03:24 PM
screaminyellin6
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Got my than the carwashed

I had a peckerhead drive my truck in with the sunroof open. I asked him to close it while they were cleaning the mats and the guy actually drove the car in himself and just let it go through!!!

The a-hole of a manager simply said they were not responsible for open windows or sunroofs. It was ridiculous. One of the guys tried mopping it all up ... Needless to say I never went back there and told the guy what he could go do to his mother.... lol

Now I try to wash my car myself - even if its freezing out - my neighbors think I'm nuts ... I guess they are half right

Old 02-24-2006, 03:30 PM
Wicked Pony
3rd Gear Member

I will never go to a car wash! I will do it myself at one of those do it yourself places if its too cold to do it at my house. I won't even go to gas station automatic car washes! Cant trust anyone!
Old 02-24-2006, 03:35 PM
05 Cayuse
2nd Gear Member

Sorry for your tale, sadly funny though. After my own bad experience I too don't trust others to do the job. As a matter of fact, I just washed the car between snow storms when it hit 34 degrees. I am nuts!
Old 02-24-2006, 03:36 PM
missysmustang

I agree wicked pony that you can't trust anyone so my husband had hooked up just hot water just so we can wash the cars in the winter at home.
Old 02-24-2006, 03:54 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

From a certain perspective, that's hilarious... but, never when it happens to you. I would be fuming vexed and go to the manager... get that &%$#@!@# fired!

It sounds like you're not a violent person... that would have been grounds for a serious beating if he had sprayed some folks in the face twice.
Old 02-24-2006, 04:22 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

I've always washed my stang myself. A quick wash to me is about 4 hours. Suds, squigee dry, clay bar, polish, 1 layer of glaze, and wax. And it's only 4 hours because I don't even glaze/wax the entire car, just the places that take the most abuse (hood, doors, drunk). When I do a thorough glaze and wax it can take up to 6 hours and dip into the next morning.
Old 02-24-2006, 04:54 PM
Hambone
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SPARTAN VI

I've always washed my stang myself. A quick wash to me is about 4 hours. Suds, squigee dry, clay bar, polish, 1 layer of glaze, and wax. And it's only 4 hours because I don't even glaze/wax the entire car, just the places that take the most abuse (hood, doors, drunk). When I do a thorough glaze and wax it can take up to 6 hours and dip into the next morning.
Do the neighbors laugh at you being an abusive drunk and washing your car? [8D]
Old 02-24-2006, 08:21 PM
pdelena
1st Gear Member

ok, a couple of things here...

1. you're obviously not italian or you probably would have taken the louisville slugger out of the trunk and played baseball with the guys head
2. i'm really sorry this happened, but damn, i was laughing pretty hard at the story (it's the "other guy" syndrome)
3. if i don't have the time to wash it myself, i bring it to a local detailer who does a mini-detail for $35. i stand there the whole time and watch them hand wash it.
4. is it just me or do you hate people who do numbered lists too?
Old 02-25-2006, 01:14 AM
will_c
3rd Gear Member

After that guy had sprayed me in the face i would have probably asked him which car was his.

Then I would get out of my car, casually take the water hose out of his hand, walk over to his car, open the door, and proceed to spray the inside of his car as if he owed me money.

and if that isnt an option the baseball bat(s) in my trunk would have made an excellent tool for bashing in his windshield

will

Quick Reply: Got my than the carwashed