Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I am the Torque King!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 11:53 AM
too_sick_for_you

Default RE: I am the Torque King!

Screw it. I am cancelling my order on the SuperCharger. I am juicing it.
Old 02-25-2006, 04:19 PM
Trill Gear Head
4th Gear Member

a lil off topic:

I notice that nitrous can be safe with dyno tuning but, what i want to know is what about a turbo? Can a turbo be safely run on our 4.0L blocks with a modest 6 or 7psi and a good dyno tune?
Old 02-25-2006, 04:26 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Trill Gear Head

a lil off topic:

I notice that nitrous can be safe with dyno tuning but, what i want to know is what about a turbo? Can a turbo be safely run on our 4.0L blocks with a modest 6 or 7psi and a good dyno tune?

yes it can...

take your pick.. intercooled or non..

http://powerhouse411.com/catalog/ind...ndex&cPath=1_5
Old 02-25-2006, 07:03 PM
Trill Gear Head
4th Gear Member

Oh, i already know about the powerhouse screamn but thnx anyways. I think from what i've herd that a intercooled system would be the best way and most reliable. is this correct? I just put two and two together exhaust gases(which are obviously hot) = heat. more heat = robbing engine of hp.(lol al lil math for ya old geazers lol jk[8D]
Old 02-25-2006, 08:08 PM
KiLLeR_WoMBaT
1st Gear Member

John,
So I'm showing the wife your web page and all the stuff you have done to the car and she has one question. How much $$ do you think you have in the car to include the price of the car? Those are great numbers!!
Old 02-25-2006, 08:12 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: KiLLeR_WoMBaT

John,
So I'm showing the wife your web page and all the stuff you have done to the car and she has one question. How much $$ do you think you have in the car to include the price of the car? Those are great numbers!!
I would sit down before you ask. LOL. Here is a link to the information, along with others who have kept track of mods/cost. Johns is in here as well:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=45014
Old 02-25-2006, 08:34 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

John,

Well.... if you include everything including the mistakes... like the fact I'm on my 3rd aftermarket muffler then I'm up around $8,000... which is about how much more a GT would have cost me compared to my V6....
Old 02-25-2006, 08:41 PM
05AV6
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scrming

John,

Well.... if you include everything including the mistakes... like the fact I'm on my 3rd aftermarket muffler then I'm up around $8,000... which is about how much more a GT would have cost me compared to my V6....
Yes, but buying a GT wouldn't have been half as much fun....you are still our honorary leader John......[sm=hail.gif]
Old 02-25-2006, 08:45 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05AV6

ORIGINAL: scrming

John,

Yes, but buying a GT wouldn't have been half as much fun....you are still our honorary leader John......[sm=hail.gif]

Thanks! LOL! And you are 100% correct... My car has taken on a life of it's own... and i'm having an absolute blast!!! LOL!
Old 02-26-2006, 03:36 AM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

Crazy tq numbers man!!! congrats

Quick Reply: I am the Torque King!