Vendor For Sale / Group Buy Classifieds Single Items & Group Buys - Authorized MustangForums.com Vendors Only!

Forged 4.6 MOD Rotating Kits On Sale!!! HMS

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 01:05 AM
HaneyMotorsport.Com
Banned

Default Forged 4.6 MOD Rotating Kits On Sale!!! HMS

[align=center]4.6L & 5.0L MODStroker Rotating Kit Sale

[/align][align=center]

[/align][align=center]HMShas just received a huge shipment of Kellogg*4.6 and 5.0 3.75"
strokerforged crankshafts.

We have put together special pricing for MF members only for both the
96'-04' and 05'-07' 3V Modular rotating kits!
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Our kits consist of the following components[/align][ul][*]Forged 4340 SteelCobra / Cobra Stroker 8 bolt crankshaft[*]Forged 4340 Steel H-beam connecting rods w/ARP capscrew bolts[*]Probe forged 2618 t-61 Aluminum alloypistons and Full floated lightweight wrist pins and double spiro locks for durability[*]Clevite rod and main Bearings [*]High Performance plasma moly steel rings[/ul][align=center]Pistons areavailable in standard boresize, oversize .020”, .030” and flat top or dished.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]For the 05-07 3V, there is additional charge of $75.00 for our custom 3V piston.
[/align][align=center]These kits are priced un-balanced. Wewill balancethe 4.6L for $95.00 and the stroker for $195.00. The stroker cranks do require heavy metal (see pic)
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]We have the stock stroke 4.6L priced at $1475.95 and the
5.0L stroker at $1650.95
[/align]
[align=center]If you are looking for a crank, rods or pistons only, let us know. We can offer you some great prices on individual components.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]*Kellogg is the manufacturer of the Cobra crankshaft for Ford Motor Company.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=left]Casey S.[/align][align=left]HaneyMotorsport[/align][align=left]Sales 866-997-3991
info@haneymotorsport.com
[/align]
Old 03-14-2007, 03:44 PM
HaneyMotorsport.Com
Banned

Default RE: Forged 4.6 MOD Rotating Kits On Sale!!! HMS

Hey Everyone,I just wanted to let you know that we are running low on the stock stroke Cobra cranks!

We are planning on running our special until the end on this month..March. If we do run out of cranks before then, we will have to end our MF sale! Also, for you guys/gals that are looking for certain components....piston/rod kits, pistons, rods,wecan offer youMF pricing on them also. Any questions, please feel free to contact us. Thank you.

Casey S
HaneyMotorsport
sales 866-997-3991
info@haneymotorsport.com
Old 03-15-2007, 03:49 AM
ModernMuscle
2nd Gear Member

So, how much for the 5.0 Stroker, balanced and all, out the door shipped to me @ 79406?
And how much is the regular price? I can do this a few months down the road.
Old 03-17-2007, 03:26 AM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

Can you tell me what the CC dishs available for the 3v pistons are. I'm waiting for my price on a whipple HO kit so I need to think about compression.
If the whipple price is more then I want to spend I'm going to just go flat top and run N/A with higher Compression so I can run N2O later if I want.

Also do the 3v pistons have valve cutouts for clearance with high lift..?
Old 03-19-2007, 01:06 PM
HaneyMotorsport.Com
Banned

Hello vsop,

We have a few different dishes available. It will make a difference depending on a stockor stroker set up. Basically, we have a 10.5 13.5 18.1 21.1 dish. It will all come down to what set-up/compression you want to run.We also do haveflat top pistons available for both set ups. For most "out of the box" pistons will clear around .600lift. Wewill go over your combination....i.e. compression, cam size/duration before we assemble the kit. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me to go over your specific needs. Thanks
[align=left]Casey S.[/align][align=left]HaneyMotorsport[/align][align=left]Sales 866-997-3991
info@haneymotorsport.com
[/align]
Old 03-19-2007, 11:28 PM
bransdaman78
I ♥ Acer

Hello guys, Im thinking of forging my 4.6. A local tuner had concerns over quality of componets. I am not a pro engine builder, so maybe you guys could fill me in on the difference between your kit and the kits on ebay. Also Id really like to know the difference (if any) in the quality of the parts in your kit - and what other companies use - like dss, mmr or vt. I realize this is a lengthy answer, but I would appreciate your help. My local tuner told me that this pistions might "knock" or something to the sort (which sounded like bs bc that would mean the clearances were off) but anyway I didnt know for sure if there was something about the construction of the piston its self that may be different than what he suggested.. (CP pistions). Also a concern about your balancing came up, could you please explain your standard or tolerances for "balanced" internals. Also if your able to comment - how much should I expect to pay to have these parts installed. thanks again for your time, and hopefully Ill be throwing some business your way.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:26 AM
ASUSMC
4th Gear Member

How much power have the stroker rotating assemblies held when properly assembled? I will be starting a build on my stroker 4V in a couple months and want a high quality rotating assembly that can handle a medium/high boost twin screw and some spray.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:44 AM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: HaneyMotorsport.Com

Hello vsop,

We have a few different dishes available. It will make a difference depending on a stockor stroker set up. Basically, we have a 10.5 13.5 18.1 21.1 dish. It will all come down to what set-up/compression you want to run.We also do haveflat top pistons available for both set ups. For most "out of the box" pistons will clear around .600lift. Wewill go over your combination....i.e. compression, cam size/duration before we assemble the kit. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me to go over your specific needs. Thanks
[align=left]Casey S.[/align][align=left]HaneyMotorsport[/align][align=left]Sales 866-997-3991
info@haneymotorsport.com
[/align]
Thanks..
I'm going to talk with my shop on his install priced to do the work and then talk with my tuner on compression ratio
Old 03-20-2007, 11:04 PM
HaneyMotorsport.Com
Banned

ORIGINAL: bransdaman78

Hello guys, Im thinking of forging my 4.6. A local tuner had concerns over quality of componets. I am not a pro engine builder, so maybe you guys could fill me in on the difference between your kit and the kits on ebay. Also Id really like to know the difference (if any) in the quality of the parts in your kit - and what other companies use - like dss, mmr or vt. I realize this is a lengthy answer, but I would appreciate your help. My local tuner told me that this pistions might "knock" or something to the sort (which sounded like bs bc that would mean the clearances were off) but anyway I didnt know for sure if there was something about the construction of the piston its self that may be different than what he suggested.. (CP pistions). Also a concern about your balancing came up, could you please explain your standard or tolerances for "balanced" internals. Also if your able to comment - how much should I expect to pay to have these parts installed. thanks again for your time, and hopefully Ill be throwing some business your way.

Hello,

We use only quality parts in our rotating kitsand short blocks. I can not answer about the components used in "ebay" kits. Our stock or stroked Cobra cranks are the same as any other company out there. Our main stream pistons are Probe and the rods are Scat. We do deal with custom made pistons from Ross and JE. Asfor rods we also sell the Manleys if the customer want to pay for the NAME.Of course bearings and rings are all quality name brands....Clevite, Speedpro , etc.

Piston Slap.....as you stated "knocking" is depended on the composition of material the piston manufacturer uses and clearances they call for. For Example, most customJE pistons call for "desent" amount of piston to wall clearance...hense piston slap when cold.

Balancing.. Ido not totally understand your question. The 4.6L mod motors are internally balanced....meaning there is no counter weight on the damper or flywheel/flexplate. The counterweights of the crank handle the job of offsetting the reciprocating mass of the pistons and rods. In an external balance, the damper/flywheel handle the job. For example, a 302 is balanced to either 50oz or 28oz. The damper and flywheelhave counter weights of what ever the balance is. I could go and on. The stroker cranks do need "heavy" metal (tungsten alloy)installed to properly balance them.This is because ofthe added stroke/ length of the throws in the crank. Everything in the rotating assy. must be balanced.....pistons,rods, crank,etc. We always strive to get theassy.balanced within 0.5-1 grams.

Install price can be all across the board. Bottom line, You need QUALITY machine work done ontheblock! If you have any questions, let me know. Thanks

Casey
Old 03-20-2007, 11:20 PM
HaneyMotorsport.Com
Banned

ORIGINAL: ASUSMC

How much power have the stroker rotating assemblies held when properly assembled? I will be starting a build on my stroker 4V in a couple months and want a high quality rotating assembly that can handle a medium/high boost twin screw and some spray.
Hello,

That is a hard questions to answer. We have amany of our shortblocks out there under boosted set ups making 475+ rwhp. Allot has to do with tune,machine work, rpm, etc. Now, if you think you are going to make a realistic 625+ rwhp, I would upgrade atleast the rods and pistons.Any other questions, let me know.

Thanks

Casey

Quick Reply: Forged 4.6 MOD Rotating Kits On Sale!!! HMS