Vendor For Sale / Group Buy Classifieds Single Items & Group Buys - Authorized MustangForums.com Vendors Only!

Shaftmasters Wants Your Opinion

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 08:01 AM
shaftmasters

Default Shaftmasters Wants Your Opinion

We were wondering if forum members would take the time to post on this thread and give us their views on aluminum driveshafts for 05-07 mustangs. We are interested in whether or not you have one in your vehicle. What influenced your decision or would influence it. We are very curious if people favor a V8 shaft that uses an adapter plate for the rear or would prefer to replace the pinion flange itself. We are offering a 4" V8 shaft with replacement pinion flange for $450 and a 3.5"for $555.Though we have not received a single complaint from customers who use our V8 shaft with the adapter plate.We thought we would offer customers the option.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:30 PM
R.A.E.

Default RE: Shaftmasters Wants Your Opinion

I don't have an aluminum driveshaft yet, but when I do order one I thnk that I want a 3.5 inch diameter and will go with the new pinion flange.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:16 PM
JimC

I have the 4" Shaftmasters in my car - 2006 V6 automatic. It has been a great mod! I had a strong vibration before the new aluminum shaft, the dealer could never feel it. Once I put this aluminum shaft on, very smooth ride, and I found it so smooth that I was cruising much faster than I realized (luckily no state troopers around at the time!). The car accelerates faster as well - the day after putting the Shaftmasters on I went to the track and posted up a new personal best for the year.

I was looking for something stronger than the stock shaft, and that would smooth out the vibrations on the highway. The extra acceleration was a "hoped for" result, but it was actually the safety over the stock shaft and getting rid of the vibrations that caused me to go for it.

Install was quick and easy as well. My car isn't lowered so it was just unbolt the old shaft and bolt in the new one.
Old 11-10-2007, 02:19 AM
downriverT
3rd Gear Member

What are the differences? What gains do I get from a 3.5" V 4"? I have a 05 GT what would you recommend?
Old 11-10-2007, 06:19 AM
shaftmasters

The main differences between the adapter plate and flange versions of these shafts is obviously the way in which they are attached to the rear differential. While the adapter plate is the easiest installation it is also more expensive. Where as changing the actual pinion flange gives you a direct mounted shaft with no adapter plate and is less expensive. There is the matter of being sure the pinion bearing preload is adjusted properly during flange installation. If you are familiar with this procedure then it is pretty straight forward as far as installation goes. If you are not or have never done it then we suggest you have it installed professionally, which will add to the cost. We do know a shop in Warren, MI that will do your installation including installing the flange and setting the bearing preload for $100. As far as the difference between 3.5" or 4" if your car has been lowered or has a manual trans with a short throw shifter we would suggest a 3.5". Personally, if I could afford a GT Mustang and money was no object as far as a driveshaft was concerned. I would opt for the 3.5" with a pinion flange.
Thanks, David
Old 11-10-2007, 08:27 PM
MustangVilla

I have an automatic 07 Mustang GT and have been looking at the CoastLine driveshafts. How do you match up against them and which one of your's would work best for me?
Old 11-11-2007, 10:24 AM
R.A.E.

Do you use the same components as Coast?
Old 11-11-2007, 11:30 AM
shaftmasters

We usedana components on all our mustang aluminum driveshafts. The difference between us and Coast is the price. We have not had one complaint from any of our customers with either 4.0 or GT mustangs on our driveshafts.Which driveshaft that is right for you depends on whether or not you have clearance issues and whether or not you want to deal with changing the pinion flange on your differential. For most weekend mechanics swapping out the driveshaft is not too difficult of a task. The pinion flange should be attempted by only a experienced mechanic.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:08 PM
MustangVilla

Probably go with the adapter plate. So the 4" with a adapter plate is $495...how much is shipping to 75154?
Old 11-11-2007, 04:54 PM
shaftmasters

We'll give you it to you for $495.00 with free shipping. You can order at our on-line store or call and order it over the phone.
Robert

Quick Reply: Shaftmasters Wants Your Opinion