Vendor For Sale / Group Buy Classifieds Single Items & Group Buys - Authorized MustangForums.com Vendors Only!

StangMods Mustang HID Kits $224.95 with Full Warranty

Old 03-09-2009, 01:07 PM
Blk N Wht GT
2nd Gear Member

Ok ummm, trust Stangmods over this guy ^ ...

Hey Matt,
I wanted to see if you have a combined deal for buying the 6000k Dual Beam 9007 Kit and Fog Kit (01 GT).
Thanks,
Kurt S.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:18 PM
Blk N Wht GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by stevelp99
im also lookin into gettin HID's from stangmonds for my 02gt, but ive heard various things about them not being street legal, so has anyone in tx (houston area) had any legal issues having these on their car? dont feel like being pulled over for somethin stupid like lighting. thanx
These are perfectly street legal. HIDs come on all sorts of cars from the factory. If you're worried about being pulled over for them, don't get the 10000K (which has the purple/blue color). Get the 4300K (closest to OEM color) or 6000K (white with slight blue tint) and you will be fine.

Originally Posted by cane4ek
I wanted to purchase the HID kit, but then friend of mine did on his Mustang 05 and one of his lights turn off after 2-3 min of working. Either left one or right one... Have you heard of such problems?
Yes, and if he purchased a crap eBay kit, then it's probably true that one of the lights turned off. There needs to be an upgraded relay in the 05+ Mustangs for the kit to work properly. If you want to purchase an HID kit, go through Matt @ Stangmods.com. His kit will work just fine and comes with that upgraded relay.

Originally Posted by Allstar
Ive heard some HID kits have a high failure rate.. Or am I mis-informed? And whats the warranty on a dual beam 8000k kit for my 06 gt and how long will these last for?? Have there been many problems??

Thanks!
haha looks like I'm playing Matt right here..
The high failure rate you are referring to is probably on 05+ Mustangs who have cheap eBay kits. Like I said just above, there needs to be an upgraded relay in the 05+ Mustangs for the kit to work properly. According to his site, the warranty is 3 years. Good quality HIDs typically last 3500 hours or so (about 1 hour of night driving everyday for 10 years). If you buy a good quality kit, you should have no problems whatsoever.

I know that the cheapy eBay kits seem attractive with their low price, but I want something that will work and be reliable and come from a reputable company and I will pay more for that peace of mind and quality.