Washington Regional Chapter Chapter President: 08blackoutstang

parting out in a few months

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 09:02 PM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

Default parting out in a few months

I'll be parting out my car in a few months (start of June or so), I wanted to enjoy for a bit longer before I started parting out - I wanted to see if anyone here was interested in working out a deal in advance for any of my aftermarket bits? It'd be nice to confirm some deals in advance and give the potential buyers some time to get money together. There's more than the listed parts done to the car, but these are the parts that I'd be willing to take off the car for the most part.

if anyone is interested in purchasing the car outright and as is, feel free to PM : )

wheels/tires (+tpms resyncing tool)
forgestar f14's in 19x9, 19x10. 245/45 and 275/40 pirelli pzero nero's with about 4k miles on them (estimated 6-7k at time of sale). I no longer have the stock wheels, so oem brembo wheels + cash could be pretty ideal.

suspension
eibach sportline springs, eibach struts/shocks, maximum motorsport caster/camber plates. I also have a BMR adjustable panhard bar, but would need the OEM panhard bar. I have my other stock suspension components.

exhaust
borla S type catback. sounds amazing - I will need stock exhaust and cash (unless I find another stock exhaust setup to buy separately)

intake and tuner
Steeda cold air intake, SCT SF tuner w/ bama tunes. i have my stock intake still.

exterior bits
roush grill (would need oem grill), california special lower valance (would need oem lower valance), boss 302 front splitter, roush side splitters, boss rear mudguards, cdc rear decklid panel, blow by racing short antenna

Last edited by Entaille; 03-19-2013 at 06:06 PM.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:20 PM
StangingAround
1st Gear Member

Woah, why you selling dude? Sick of the platform or sick of being associated with high school boys? LOL. You change cars almost as much as me so with that said, what's next?

Oh yeah, sick car man, good luck.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:53 PM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

You're parting out the 2012? Why exactly?
Old 03-19-2013, 02:53 AM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

Yeah, I'm a car ****. First world problems! lol

I am going back to an AWD platform. It's more suitable to my life style. Nothing against the 5.0 - it's a great car!
Old 03-19-2013, 09:13 AM
StangingAround
1st Gear Member

I see an audi in your future.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:23 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Best of luck with the Sale! What AWD platform are you headed to?

-Dan
Old 03-19-2013, 11:01 AM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

Wish I had the extra funds right now id just take the whole car. Also the wife may freak out a bit if another Mustang shows up....
Old 03-19-2013, 12:26 PM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by StangingAround
I see an audi in your future.
I love Audi's but I don't think I'd own one, not at my current salary, anyways, lol.

I am a huge supporter of value (good performance for the cost), and reliability in the cars I've driven over the years and no german car maker fits the bill. BMW's, Mercs and Audi's specifically. Things like needing to pull the front clip and entire engine out to replace the timing chain / tensioners, or just the overall cost of parts.. the only way I could own one would be under warranty, prepaid maintenance, and unmodified, and that's just not me!

I'm not decided yet, but the short list:

99-01 2.5 RS (and doing an STi drivetrain swap)
2004-2007 forester XT (and doing an STi drivetrain swap)

.. but the more realistic choices:

2007 STi Sedan, or 2009-2012 STi hatchback
Evo 9, Evo X

I am leaning towards a Subaru, though. the local car group I co-run has a few Evo's in it already and I want to keep some diversity around. I think Evo's are the better bang for the buck and slightly cheaper to make fast, but there's something about that boxer rumble that I really dig. I liked my WRX, just cheaped out at the time, should have gotten the STi, I think I would really enjoy one.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:33 PM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by DocSnickers
Wish I had the extra funds right now id just take the whole car. Also the wife may freak out a bit if another Mustang shows up....
you could always tell her that it's her car?

lol
Old 03-19-2013, 12:57 PM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

She does want to get a Mustang but she has a years lease still left on her Nissan Versa.

On a side note I would learn more to the Evo also. Those Boxer engines can go south pretty fast once they start having issues. Friend of mine had his head gaskets blow at 50k on a stock engine no mods done to it.

Quick Reply: parting out in a few months