Wheels & Tires Discuss rims and tires here.

2 questions about 18" chrome Bullitts

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 11:39 AM
dljpdx
1st Gear Member

Default 2 questions about 18" chrome Bullitts

Question 1:
The two 18x9 deep dish chrome Bullitt's I ordered from americanmuscle.com should be arriving today.
They said the matching 18x10's (I am going staggered) won't be in until around June 27th - more than a month away.
Since I don't want to wait more than a month, I asked if they had any partner companies that sell the same wheels - they said they are made specifically for them, and I might find some that are similar, but not the same.
These are the ones at americanmuscle.
And I found these are wheelhq.com.
If you click on the enlarged pictures, they look the same - it looks like exactly the same photo on both sites, actually.
Aside from the $10- per wheel price difference, does anyone know if these are actually the same wheels?
If so, I will consider buying them from wheelhq.com, instead of waiting over a month...

Question 2:
Am I going to have any issues by going staggered? I've never done it before - what about tire rotation (which I admit I never did with much regularity in the past)? If you can think of any reason not to go staggered (aside from personal preferences), please let me know.

Thank you,
-d

Old 05-23-2008, 12:41 PM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

Default RE: 2 questions about 18" chrome Bullitts

I just looked VERY closely at both pics as well, and look identical to me. I am staggard, and will be fine. It will also look VERY cool to have wider meats in back. I say, go with Wheelhq and get your ride back on the road sooner

The tire rotation thing has never been a issue for me as I drive the twisties VERY hard and seem to wear them all out about the same rate..... at least the outside edges I am going SLA's up front soon, so this will change somewhat.

Jazzer
Old 05-23-2008, 01:00 PM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

Do confirm that the off-set is consistant with original order from American Muscle.

Jazzer

Old 05-23-2008, 01:02 PM
dljpdx
1st Gear Member

Thank you, Jazzer. I looked at both photos closely, and they appear identical (same reflections in the photos, etc). Let's just hope they're the same when they arrive! I don't drive a whole lot - work from home - so I think I'll be OK. Was just looking for the 2nd vote - you know how it is. I'll order from wheelhq.com (and hope they're actually in stock).

Thank you again.

-d
Old 05-23-2008, 01:16 PM
dljpdx
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jazzer The Cat

Do confirm that the off-set is consistant with original order from American Muscle.
Well, the 18x10's are the same between American Muscle and WheelHQ. As are the 18x9's between both companies.
But the off-set for the 18x10's from WheelHQ are different than the 18x9's (being my original order from American Muscle - perhaps by "original order" you meant the 18x10's - which I did not order due to not being in stock online).

In any event, comparing same wheel sizes at both companies, they are exactly the same - looks like I am good to go.

Thanks!

Old 05-23-2008, 02:07 PM
dljpdx
1st Gear Member

Grrr. Ordered the 18x10's from WheelHQ - order went through, then got an email saying they are out of stock until 6/27 as well - which further confirms they are the same wheel from the same manufacturer, if they're getting them the same time as American Muscle. I don't want to wait over a month - might just go 18x9's all-around. Will think on it a couple days, and check American Muscle's site from time to time in case they had some returns or something (though I'm sure their own back-orders would take priority).
Old 05-23-2008, 08:29 PM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: dljpdx

ORIGINAL: Jazzer The Cat

Well, the 18x10's are the same between American Muscle and WheelHQ. As are the 18x9's between both companies.
But the off-set for the 18x10's from WheelHQ are different than the 18x9's (being my original order from American Muscle - perhaps by "original order" you meant the 18x10's - which I did not order due to not being in stock online).

In any event, comparing same wheel sizes at both companies, they are exactly the same - looks like I am good to go.

Thanks!

Yes, that is what I meant, but wasn't very clear

Sounds like your correct aboutone supplierto BOTH your orders, sorry []

I recommend that you try to wait if at all reasonable to do so and NOT settle for 9"s all around. It would be a real bummer to not get EXACTLY what you want [:'(]

Jazzer askin' dl to keep his/her head up [sm=smiley16.gif]