Wheels & Tires Discuss rims and tires here.

Painted my stock 2000 Gt wheels this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 12:02 PM
Crispy2000Gt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 03gt04mach1
Age has nothing to do with it. Just because your young right now, you can say OLDER ones don't know what cool is. Seeing the style of a wheel is what's important. And black doesn't really do that, 'till you get right up to it. Remember, I recommended BLACK CHROME when you were going to choose a set of wheels? Otherwise they all look alike from a distance, regardless. I'm sorry you think, because someone is older they don't know style when they see it. I guess you've seen our cars in our PERSONAL PROFILE PAGE and decided since we didn't follow the crowd and put black wheels on our cars we are old and don't have taste. I applauded your effort, like I said, but all you did was hide the style of the wheel. I'm sorry I'm getting older, but I hope you're lucky enough to reach your fifties one day, or seventies like your dad. I regret now that I voiced my opinion after YOU ASKED "What does everybody think", and I didn't chime in and say"Oh how wonderful"! I'm glad you like the look, but you just painted a nice set of wheels black, that's all. I never meant to offend you for your hard work. If that's the way you took it, I'm sorry. But, this has nothing to do with age.
like it! no i agree with you to just givin u a hard time, i think in that other thread i mentioned my girl like the black and i liked the chrome, im not trying to say anyone is old haha just that as people have experience with cars they can tell if a mod is tastful or tastless. donuts, tastless. painted OEM's hard work, adns chrome/ black chrome, tastful. it sad because before i painted them i told my girl i would NEVER spend $800 on black wheels because you can hardley see them lol. back on point i am very glad u voiced you opinion or otherwisw forums would be pointless, and i brought age into it because people who have a few years on us can step back and see how crappy hub caps look or tacky stick on parts on a stang. hope you see where im commin from

now i think imma go spray paint some flames on my hood , let me know what yall think

yes it was a joke haha
Old 11-12-2011, 10:54 AM
03gt04mach1
3rd Gear Member

Very well put. You made a lot of sense. Glad you didn't take my post the wrong way. Cool But, don't get me started on FLAMEs! Ha
Old 11-18-2011, 12:36 AM
HavocRocker
1st Gear Member

Dude, sick rims, they look very similar to the black cobra rims I am planning on getting.

Btw, you should paint your calipers white. Just buy some white engine paint at autozone and put a plastic bag over everything else, and spray away. If you look at my pics, you can tell that white calipers makes black rims really stick out :P good luck

Also, ot trying to start an argument, but I have to agree, the black rims is a young person thing. All the old people say my black rims look stupid. Then the young people say they look amazing. Doesn't really matter though, I mean older people like classic styles with everything. And when I'm 80 I'll still be rockin the black rims because it's the style I grew up with.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:17 PM
Crispy2000Gt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by HavocRocker
Dude, sick rims, they look very similar to the black cobra rims I am planning on getting.

Btw, you should paint your calipers white. Just buy some white engine paint at autozone and put a plastic bag over everything else, and spray away. If you look at my pics, you can tell that white calipers makes black rims really stick out :P good luck

Also, ot trying to start an argument, but I have to agree, the black rims is a young person thing. All the old people say my black rims look stupid. Then the young people say they look amazing. Doesn't really matter though, I mean older people like classic styles with everything. And when I'm 80 I'll still be rockin the black rims because it's the style I grew up with.

haha thanks havoc, ill look into some of your pics, i am interested
Old 11-18-2011, 01:56 PM
Syracuse315
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by HavocRocker

+1 on the engine enamel paint for calipers. I sprayed the spray onto some cardboard, then used a brush to paint it on:

Old 11-18-2011, 05:35 PM
Crispy2000Gt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Syracuse315
+1 on the engine enamel paint for calipers. I sprayed the spray onto some cardboard, then used a brush to paint it on:

very nice mod, does add some cosmetic appeal
Old 11-18-2011, 05:51 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Good job my man.. Your car is really coming along!
Old 11-19-2011, 12:14 AM
HavocRocker
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Syracuse315

Wow, really good idea man!! I'll do that when they start to peel this winter.
Old 11-20-2011, 04:18 AM
Hill x 21
1st Gear Member

Nice job! Seeing that makes me want to redo my winter wheels that I half-***'d two years ago. Mind me asking what grit you used?
Old 11-20-2011, 09:02 PM
Crispy2000Gt
2nd Gear Member

600 for all around, inside i took a drill to it with a random sanding pad, no idea what grit but for outise of the wheel i used the 600. never used the 1500 i bought...

Quick Reply: Painted my stock 2000 Gt wheels this weekend