Wheels & Tires Discuss rims and tires here.

Submit Your Questions for The Performance Experts Behind Goodyear’s Eagle Tires

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 12:40 PM
IB Nolan
IB Staff

Default Submit Your Questions for The Performance Experts Behind Goodyear’s Eagle Tires

Hello MustangForums.com Members from the Goodyear Team,

Goodyear is celebrating the launch of its newest performer, the Eagle Sport All-Season, by offering an opportunity to have your questions answered by the experts behind this new tire.

The Eagle Sport All-Season blends responsiveness and all-season traction to help create outstanding wet and dry handling all year long. Goodyear is excited to offer this tire at many retail outlets across North America, because Goodyear knows driving is more than getting from Point A to B – it’s about the enjoyment of being behind the wheel.

Beginning today, with this post, we will open a special thread for all of you to submit your questions to our team.

The thread will collect questions for 10 days. Then, we will gather the questions posted and spend the next few days answering as many as we can before providing you answers 1-2 days later.

We are extremely excited to be able to do this, and we have only a few requests:

1. Please use this thread ONLY to submit questions.
2. Please understand there will be some questions we will not be able to answer. We can not divulge any proprietary information and can only speak from our areas of expertise.
3. Please understand we will not, and cannot, comment or speculate on the products of our competitors.

Thank you all for your understanding and enthusiasm.

Please ask any questions you have, as our team consists of marketers, engineers, and developers. Some of the members answering your questions will be:

Bob Toth
Director, Products and Innovation

Tim Lovell
Technical Project Manager, Consumer Tires

Tara Foote
Brand Manager, Performance Tires

Jim Davis
PR Manager, Consumer Tires

The Goodyear Eagle Team
Old 08-27-2013, 09:47 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

I am curious to hear what sizes will be available for these new tires, and what ratings they will have for wear, traction, and temperature.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:27 AM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

Yes a Tire size chart would be excellent way to start off this thread!
Old 08-28-2013, 01:26 PM
jhawkr
2nd Gear Member

I have a 2014 Mustang GT. It came with Goodyear Eagle F1 tires as OEM. I assume the F1's are strictly summer performance tire so would the new Eagle Sport All-Season tire be a better choice for year-around driving in Kansas?
Old 09-08-2013, 11:50 AM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

I'm also looking for a tire that works in a wide range of temperatures. In Eastern Colorado we go from below zero to above one hundred. I drive a lot of dirt roads too.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:59 PM
jhawkr
2nd Gear Member

Nobody minding the store. Guess it's P-Zeros for me.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:48 AM
S stang
1st Gear Member

Do you make a tire for autocross in 18"size?
Old 09-10-2013, 07:51 PM
yanks1
1st Gear Member

I have a BMW 330ci with Z-rated 18" OEM wheels.... 255/35 in rear and 225/40 in front. Will you be making these sizes? thanks a lot and good luck with the new tire
Old 09-12-2013, 11:24 PM
Art161
4th Gear Member

What is the purpose of this thread? Plenty of questions from MF members, but no reply from the blimp.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:22 PM
GOODYEAR
Former Sponsor

Thank you all for your questions and interest in Goodyear's Eagle Tires. Please see the answers below:

Originally Posted by jhawkr
I have a 2014 Mustang GT. It came with Goodyear Eagle F1 tires as OEM. I assume the F1's are strictly summer performance tire so would the new Eagle Sport All-Season tire be a better choice for year-around driving in Kansas?
The Eagle Sport All-Season has an asymmetric tread pattern and is based on the summer tire. Additionally, the Eagle F1 Asymmetric All-Season features a Dry Handling Zone on the outside shoulder for enhanced handling and grip, and an All-Season Zone on the inside shoulder for increased water evacuation. Depending on tire size needed, these would likely be good choices for year-round driving in Kansas.

Originally Posted by CPTCO
I'm also looking for a tire that works in a wide range of temperatures. In Eastern Colorado we go from below zero to above one hundred. I drive a lot of dirt roads too.
Depending on your vehicle, the Eagle Sport All-Season or the Eagle F1 Asymmetric All-Season might be worth a look. Both have excellent wet and dry traction, and are good in light snow. However, you also need to decide if you face severe winter weather, which could lead you to choosing a set of winter tires as a complement to the other tires.

Originally Posted by S stang
Do you make a tire for autocross in 18"size?
A tire that many are using for autocross competition comes from one of Goodyear’s other brands – Dunlop. The Dunlop Direzza Z2 is a choice of many in autocrossing, and it’s available in several sizes. And with track-type competition, we recommend taking off the autocross tires when you leave the track – earmarking a set for autocrossing and a set for street use.

Originally Posted by yanks1
I have a BMW 330ci with Z-rated 18" OEM wheels.... 255/35 in rear and 225/40 in front. Will you be making these sizes? thanks a lot and good luck with the new tire

Goodyear offers the Eagle Sport All-Season in these sizes, but in a W speed rating – not a Z. In the Eagle F1 Asymmetric All-Season, however, we have those sizes in a Z speed rating.

Originally Posted by 28HopUp
I am curious to hear what sizes will be available for these new tires, and what ratings they will have for wear, traction, and temperature.

The new Goodyear Eagle Sport All-Season has a UTQG rating of 580/A/A and a 50,000-mile tread wear limited warranty. For a list of sizes available in the Eagle Sport All-Season, along with UTQG ratings: Visit www.goodyear.com, select “Tires & Offers, select “Browse all Tires,” select “Eagle Tires,” select “Browse all Eagle Tires,” and then choose the Eagle Sport All-Season.

Quick Reply: Submit Your Questions for The Performance Experts Behind Goodyear’s Eagle Tires