Tire pricing - MustangForums.com



Wheels & Tires Discuss rims and tires here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-16-2017, 08:01 PM   #1
Daleford
1st Gear Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 122
Default Tire pricing

Just considering the right wheel and tire size for my Mustang. Is there a rough rule of thumb on pricing of tires going higher with wheel size?
For example, a 18 inch tire will be 10% higher in price than a 17 inch? Maybe a 20 inch is 20% higher than an 18 inch?
[speaking of an identical brand and roughly the same size]
Luke are you listening?
Daleford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 08:44 PM   #2
coffeebowl
1st Gear Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: TN
Posts: 88
Default

19's and 20's are usually going to be more costly than a 18 and 17. sometimes you can get 19's and 20's for a fair deal. I just know those sizes will cost more so i keep that in mind. hope this helps

I got Nitto NT555 G2 in 255/35/20 for front and 305/30/20 for the rear. Cost me $700 bucks.
coffeebowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 06:22 AM   #3
Daleford
1st Gear Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebowl View Post
19's and 20's are usually going to be more costly than a 18 and 17. sometimes you can get 19's and 20's for a fair deal. I just know those sizes will cost more so i keep that in mind. hope this helps

I got Nitto NT555 G2 in 255/35/20 for front and 305/30/20 for the rear. Cost me $700 bucks.
That is probably a decent price on 4 Nittos at 20 inch. I had bought 4 17 inch Nittos just below $500. a year ago.
This gives me a good idea on pricing. THANKS
Daleford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 10:32 AM   #4
proeagles
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: LA
Posts: 370
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daleford View Post
Just considering the right wheel and tire size for my Mustang. Is there a rough rule of thumb on pricing of tires going higher with wheel size?
For example, a 18 inch tire will be 10% higher in price than a 17 inch? Maybe a 20 inch is 20% higher than an 18 inch?
[speaking of an identical brand and roughly the same size]
Luke are you listening?
Prices do go up, but not significantly in the same tire line. What will go up or down depending on how you look at is ride quality and the ability to absorb road imperfections. Larger diameter tires with thin sidewalls can be punishing, especially going from 18" to 20".
proeagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 10:52 AM   #5
Daleford
1st Gear Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by proeagles View Post
Prices do go up, but not significantly in the same tire line. What will go up or down depending on how you look at is ride quality and the ability to absorb road imperfections. Larger diameter tires with thin sidewalls can be punishing, especially going from 18" to 20".
Good point! -- THANKS
Daleford is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:31 PM.