Wheels & Tires Discuss rims and tires here.

Goodyear F1s and wet roads

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2017, 09:21 AM
P7M8

Default Goodyear F1s and wet roads

I just got a 2011 Shelby with only 2200 miles on it. Thing is perfect. I'm coming from an F250 with 35"s that I could drive practically anywhere.

With almost no place to channel the water how do the F1s handle heavy rains on the interstate? I haven't driven in the rain yet but it's coming this weekend.

Sorry for the stupid question. First time driving on tires like these.
Old 10-22-2017, 02:09 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

I’m happy with them In the wet. I assume you have the f1 supercars. I am on my 3rd or 4th set lol. I’m not to nice to them. But no matter what tire, use caution.
Old 10-22-2017, 03:40 PM
Gravydog316
2nd Gear Member

i had old worn f1 tires when i got my car;
they worked perfect going 70mph in the rain;
so do my slick Nittos
Old 10-26-2017, 08:53 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by P7M8
I just got a 2011 Shelby with only 2200 miles on it. Thing is perfect. I'm coming from an F250 with 35"s that I could drive practically anywhere.

With almost no place to channel the water how do the F1s handle heavy rains on the interstate? I haven't driven in the rain yet but it's coming this weekend.

Sorry for the stupid question. First time driving on tires like these.
I guess you've already found out, and I hope you approached the matter of wet driving with sufficient caution.

When it comes time to replace them - whether they are Gen 1's or G:2's - there are better choices where wet weather driving is an important consideration.

The bigger problem may be that the selection of tires with both of those OE sizes is fairly small. Other than the GY Gen 1 Supercars, Tire Rack only lists the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ and the Continental ExtremeContactSport as having both of them. If you want either different sizes or a wider choice of tire mfr/model, you'll be in it for a new set of wheels as well. That opens up a whole lot more options.

Norm