Wheels & Tires Discuss rims and tires here.

Suggestions for tire dimensions.

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 08:48 PM
osumason

Default Suggestions for tire dimensions.

What size tires would typically be installed on 20x10 35mm front and 20x11 50mm rear rims on a 2017 GT?
Old 12-06-2017, 07:29 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Based only on the wheel widths given, I wouldn't go any wider than 285/30 on the 10's or 305/30 on the 11's. These sizes also end up being close to the OE tire diameters, so there shouldn't be much need to make any speedometer/odometer corrections.

You should be OK on inside clearances up front, but the shipping tiedown brackets may get in the way of installing or removing the rear wheels. These brackets may be cut off, just leave the bottom plate in place as that's what the rear bump stops use.

For outside (sheetmetal side) clearances, you should be OK up front with -1° or more camber. I'm not sure about the rear, but getting the axle centered becomes more critical as tire widths get bigger. The fact that the tire sidewalls are curved helps here. Lowering by much hurts.

Here's what 285/35-18's on 11" wheels looks like. At 20", you've got a little more inside clearance to work with up front, about the same out back. At only 10" wide, your front wheel flanges and tire sidewalls will still be a tad bit outside the sheetmetal, maybe half as much as this. I've since lowered the car by just over half an inch and nothing interferes. Sportlines would probably be a bad choice.

Norm