Wisconsin Regional Chapter Chapter President: mstngsule68

Anyone in Mukwonago/Waukesha have a 2011+ GT w/3.73s?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 09:22 PM
jakk

Default Anyone in Mukwonago/Waukesha have a 2011+ GT w/3.73s?

Hello. I am looking to purchase my first car, and I am trying to choose between a mazdaspeed3 and a 5.0. I test drove both. I really liked how the speed3 pushed me back in my seat once the turbo kicked in. I then test drove a 2012 5.0 auto (the only car the dealer had in stock). I was surprised to find that the 5.0 did not feel as fast and push me back in my seat like the speed3 did despite the extra hp, etc. I would order a GT with the track package/recaros, which would have 3.73s.

I am thinking that the 5.0 felt slow because it had an auto/3.15s. I know asking this is a bit of a stretch, but I was wondering if there was anyone in the Mukwonago/Waukesha area that could give me a ride (not let me drive; I am not comfortable enough with a manual transmission) in their 2011+ GT with 3.73s so I could feel the acceleration difference. All of the dealers that I have called around here do not have any GTs with 3.73s in stock, and I would prefer not to spend the extra money on the car based on the assumption that it will feel much faster with the 3.73s. Thanks for your help.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:57 PM
Colgate Stang

I do have a 2010 GT 3.73 with a supercharger and it has the put in your seat power. I love the torque it has. My 10 now has the power of a 11 or 12. I think the reason was you drove an auto, with my 5 speed is fun to drive.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:31 PM
jakk

Thanks for the reply. I placed an order three weeks ago for a GT premium w/track pack and recaros, so I guess I'll find out one way or another!
Old 05-16-2012, 06:57 AM
Colgate Stang

Congrats. If you did get an auto. Roush now has a supercharger for it. When it comes, have fun & enjoy it. Send picture when it is in. Just might see you around the Waukesha area, as I got my from Griffin.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:16 AM
2012mustang5.0

congrats jakk. you will love it. milwaukee here
Old 05-25-2012, 11:10 PM
recklessdriver

Get a decent winter beater as well. The money you would spend on blizzacks could go towards a decent enough beater to keep the mustang in good shape for years to come.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:43 PM
thezfunk

Wow, I don't frequent here much but too bad I didn't see your post before this. I sold my Mazdaspeed 3 when I ordered my brand new 2011 5.0 Mustang. I was the perfect person to talk to.

The only thing I miss is the handling of the Speed3. I am working on the 5.0 to fix that but I have been debating trading it in when the new IRS Mustang shows up. I miss my IRS.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:09 AM
jakk

Originally Posted by thezfunk
Wow, I don't frequent here much but too bad I didn't see your post before this. I sold my Mazdaspeed 3 when I ordered my brand new 2011 5.0 Mustang. I was the perfect person to talk to.

The only thing I miss is the handling of the Speed3. I am working on the 5.0 to fix that but I have been debating trading it in when the new IRS Mustang shows up. I miss my IRS.
Haha, that's pretty funny. Actually, I now own a 2012 Mazdaspeed3 . 4 months after placing the order, my Stang still had not shown up. I tried calling both Ford and my dealer and got escalated to a regional zone manager. I kept calling, and the person I was trying to talk to was always "out for lunch" or on vacation. At that point I had multiple people told me they "had never had this happen before". Long story short, I got tired of waiting and being blown off and cancelled the Stang and got a speed3.

Now, that being said, I really do want/plan on picking up a 5.0 in the next few years. I'm actually glad it turned out this way because it gives me a chance to kind of grow into performance cars. Plus, I have put some bolt ons on the car and am getting tuned, so I have actually learned about working on cars which was something I wanted to do from the start. I also put a new RSB in and love whipping the car around corners.

Were you on MSF at all?
Old 05-08-2013, 10:42 AM
thezfunk

I sure was. I am not sure what changes they made since my 2007 but the biggest help for mine was new dog-bone rear motor mount and tranny fluid. Made shifting so much better. I was grinding going into third on hard shifts. Then I added a new down pipe. That was a really good upgrade too. I was going to get a tune and new top mount IC. After that was probably going to be a reworked turbo. But then the 5.0 came out and a Mustang became worthwhile to me again. I had to have one.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:22 PM
jakk

Originally Posted by thezfunk
I sure was. I am not sure what changes they made since my 2007 but the biggest help for mine was new dog-bone rear motor mount and tranny fluid. Made shifting so much better. I was grinding going into third on hard shifts. Then I added a new down pipe. That was a really good upgrade too. I was going to get a tune and new top mount IC. After that was probably going to be a reworked turbo. But then the 5.0 came out and a Mustang became worthwhile to me again. I had to have one.
The 2nd gens are pretty much just the same. They have different gearing and a hood scoop to cool the TMIC as well as some slight changes to the pistons.

Yeah, the RMM was a nice upgrade for sure. I have a new TMIC,test pipe, and 3" full intake. A tune should put me at ~300 whp, and if I go e85 ~315 whp or so. With my OTS tune right now I am probably around 250-260 whp. So no 5.0, but somewhat quick.

I don't plan on going big turbo after that because I would rather save for a 5.0 and have a car that I can put the power down in. I'm not sure if you guys have meets, but if you ever want to meet up sometime just let me know.