Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

HOW TO: Leather Seat Install

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 11:47 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Default RE: HOW TO: Leather Seat Install

SOLDSHORT! Sticky this sucker!

[edit] NM, already stuck!

I'll definitely be paying this thread a visit when I buy my leather seat covers.

You can grab em off Diversified Marketing Solutions, too. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...QQcmdZViewItem

$249.99 plus shipping. Of course, if you call them, you can haggle them down. I've done this twice when buying my bumpers ($480 for both, PAINTED) and my rims/tires ($400 for GT takeoff rims/tires). Since they're in Cerritos, CA. I don't pay shipping.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:14 AM
linesma
2nd Gear Member

Thanks Spartan VI !!!!!! Let me know how it goes.

Good Luck,

Mark
Old 03-13-2007, 06:40 PM
Dineau
2nd Gear Member

Hey Mark,

The link posted on the first thread is not accessible, can you let me know how to get it

Thanks,
Old 03-13-2007, 08:52 PM
linesma
2nd Gear Member

For some reason the link does not seem to want to go to the page. Try copying and pasting the following into your browser.

https://mustangforums.com/m_1019059/tm.htm

I go it to work that way. Also, you can do a search for the thread title: Informational Documents or JJ_Stang in the search option of the forum. If anyone can get the link function to work, feel free to link it. I seem to be slightly slow witted when it comes to utilizing that fumction.

Thanks,

Mark
Old 03-13-2007, 11:09 PM
Dineau
2nd Gear Member

A couple of question for the ones that have done this already..

- Where to get those Hog rings, if Ford what is the PN ?
- How do you undo those J hook strips, especially under the headrest ?
- How do you remove the Backrest Recliner **** and bezel ?

Thanks,
Old 03-14-2007, 12:43 AM
linesma
2nd Gear Member

The Hog Rings can be bought on the internet from http://www.leatherseats.com just navigate to the installation supplies page. You can also do a google search for them, but make sure they come from an upholstry supplier. There is also a part out there called hog rings that are used for attaching chain link fences to their poles. To the best of my knowledge, they are not available from Ford. I got mine from the local upholstry shop. He gave me a handfull for a $1.

The J-Hook strips can be undone slowly folding up the top part of the J-Hook. The 2 pieces should unsnap from each other. You can also push the 2 pieces together carefully and they will unsnap.

The Backrest Recliner **** on the seat back should just pull off. Once you have pulled it off, you will see a T15 Torx screw. Remove that and the bezel lifts out from the top to the bottom. To install, put nub on the bottom of the bezel into its slot (located at the bottom the the bezel hole in the seat back) and then re-instal the T15 Torx screw.

I hope this helps out,

Mark
Old 03-18-2007, 10:54 AM
Dineau
2nd Gear Member

Ok I found some Hog rings, but now have anoter question for you:

I got my leather takeoff today from Newtakeoffs.com and there seems to be something funny; The passenger backrest does not have the strap to retain the safety belt like the driver side, it does not seem to have been teared off, it's like it had never been installed. I know I have both side in my 05 and the are made of leather, in this one they are made of material (like safety belts) so the are probably from an 05 or an 07 as I know they had changed this, but is it possible the newer models don't have this strap on the passenger side ?

Old 03-21-2007, 01:16 AM
MirandaRae
2nd Gear Member

Ive been thinking about getting the take off leather some time in the future... but I just dont have the skills or time to install it myself..

does anyone know if there are places out there that will do it, will a dealer?

[>:]
Old 03-21-2007, 01:41 AM
linesma
2nd Gear Member

Most upholstry shops will install them. Dealerships usually "farm" out this work to local upholstry shops, with the expectation that you buy the parts from the dealership. Expect to pay a premium. My local dealership wanted close to a grand for the leather and then about another $300 to $500 for install. I am of the opinion that they quoted this price to prevent me from doing it. My local upholstry shop gave me an estimate of $250 to install them.

That is what I suggest you do.

Good Luck!!

Mark
Old 03-25-2007, 01:10 AM
MirandaRae
2nd Gear Member

cool, I am hoping to be able to do something like this by september/october and definitly want to go the cheeper way heh.

Quick Reply: HOW TO: Leather Seat Install