Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Front Lip Spoilers for V6

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 04:43 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Front Lip Spoilers for V6

I think I'm going to get the street scene chin...its like 260 but its a black urethane and will not get paint chips on it...its basically rubber.

Heres a photoshop on my car of it.

Old 02-26-2008, 07:55 PM
ArcticFrog
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kngdaka

ORIGINAL: ArcticFrog

I emailed Aeroform to ask what kind of finish the chin spoiler is shipped with, raw, ready for paint, black matte or what. I like that chin spoiler the best but what would probably sell me on it is if it's ready to install if I choose to leave it black like my rockers are. If anyone's interested I can post whatever they email me back with.
Thats the exact answer I want to know as well, for I'm looking to keep it black with the same finish as the rockers. Keep me posted.
They responded and said "It will have to be painted" but they didn't say if it came prepped for paint or not. I emailed back to ask but no answer.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:25 AM
kngdaka
4th Gear Member

Thanks man, again, let me know.

I'm staying away from body color because under the front bumper is completely thrashed
Old 02-27-2008, 01:41 AM
chavalo_nm1
3rd Gear Member

IMO I think the fang chin spoiler is the best looking one out there. When I got mine I got it painted to match my car (oem black)and it looked bad a$$ with the 12' inch yellow stripes all the way down.......but a couple weeks after I got it......i let someone borrow my car......(my wife) and she hit t and it cracked and chipped in lots of parts on the bottom. I just got done doing some fiber glass repair and filling in the chips and cracks. Im painting in flat black tomorrow tomorrow. Looking foward to put it on again.
Old 02-27-2008, 06:16 AM
my06shaker
2nd Gear Member

I've tried to find out what the Street Scene spoiler comes in. I don't know if it comes raw and has to be fitted, prepped, primed and painted like the others or if it comes black texture and ready to be installed. Sometimes these manufacturers will talk to you via email and other times they will ignore you. I can't find out anything more about the SS spoiler. ready to buy but reluctant. If I have to pay that much for an unfinished piece I would rather wait, save a couple hundred more and buy the Shelby CS6 fascia and pay to have it prepped and painted.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:38 AM
ArcticFrog
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ArcticFrog

I emailed Aeroform to ask what kind of finish the chin spoiler is shipped with, raw, ready for paint, black matte or what. I like that chin spoiler the best but what would probably sell me on it is if it's ready to install if I choose to leave it black like my rockers are. If anyone's interested I can post whatever they email me back with.
They responded to a 2nd email now and they say that they checked with Steve (whomever Steve is) and the spoiler has a gray gel-coat so they are prepped for paint.

I too am leary of painting a chin spoiler body color because my car is a DD and I have to be realistic...if I put one one it's probably going to get scraped at one time or another. I like the Fang one alot but I was really hoping for the black finish of the rocker panels. That's probably too limiting on their part though.
Old 02-27-2008, 06:33 PM
Yellow Tang
2nd Gear Member

I do not like the Idea of a Fiberglass chin Spoiler because it can and will chip and brake a lot easier the abs or rubberized plastics or what ever other parts are made of. I loaned my car to my wife one time it came back with only one mirror on it.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:09 AM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

why cant someone make a rubber version of the fang chin spoiler?? that would be perfect
Old 02-28-2008, 09:48 PM
chavalo_nm1
3rd Gear Member

Well i finally took some really quick pictures after I put on the fang chin spoiler......i painted it flat black......and this will work until I get it painted oem black later on.....or maybe ill put some stripes down the chin spoiler.....we'll see. Sorry my car is really dirty and I plan on washing this week. I alsohad justrepainted the calipers and put on 18' fanblades. Ill get better pics when I get my roush rear spoiler painted and put on.......and washed!

[img]

[/img]
Old 02-28-2008, 10:05 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Hey guys,
Just an FYI for ya, Astra Hammond, AKA Wilpak Industries also makes a V6 specific chin. I have the GT version and love it....Here's the best pic I have for ya of the V6 version.....and one of the GT version....

Mike

[IMG]local://upfiles/13557/11B8F939BCF04890B1075A8B39F07794.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/13557/65B9B6AEF27F46B6BF6990CCC7B1D017.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/13557/920A238BC927403A85C166317C3340D9.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Front Lip Spoilers for V6