Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

painting interior

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 07:26 PM
bronxbomba63
4th Gear Member

Default painting interior

I want to start working on interior mods, and the first place I want to start are painting the door panels and possibly dash. I've never done this before, so I have no idea as to where to start. I was wondering if anybody here has either done this or know where I can go to find a "how to" for this. I've searched all over here, and other forums and can't find squat. Somebody help PLEASE!!!!!
Old 06-14-2008, 08:59 PM
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

Default RE: painting interior

I have only seen one person posting with a painted interior... eric6913. You might try sending him a PM for details.
I think it looks hideous but if it floats your boat here is the thread. https://mustangforums.com/m_4915610/tm.htm
Old 06-14-2008, 09:37 PM
4Rowdy
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GrayPony

I have only seen one person posting with a painted interior... eric6913. You might try sending him a PM for details.
I think it looks hideous but if it floats your boat here is the thread. https://mustangforums.com/m_4915610/tm.htm
For some reason when I read that comment, it just made me start laughing hysterically!!! Then I made the mistake of following the link! Holy cow, that interior looked like a cockpit from an airplane!!! There was so much crap going on, if his engine light ever came on, he'd never know!!!
Old 06-14-2008, 10:33 PM
Yellow Tang
2nd Gear Member

Go To Duplicolors web site they sell Interior paint and have how to do it on there site Plastic and Cloth paint Let me know how it turns out. A friend I have painted his 68 Camaro dash and it looked brand new and was realy nice looking when he was done but he did not use duplicolor
Old 06-15-2008, 11:23 AM
bronxbomba63
4th Gear Member

Well, I don't plan on going over the top like that, I just want everything to not look so stock. I'm getting a few color samples of piping to see which would look better in my doors to start off with.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:20 PM
antipeterleague
3rd Gear Member

i want the same things on the steerign wheel but yellow. anyone know where i can get that?
Old 06-15-2008, 12:51 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: antipeterleague

i want the same things on the steerign wheel but yellow. anyone know where i can get that?
He probably spray painted it. Another guy on this forum took out his vent covers and painted them satin silver then sprayed a clear coat over that.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:55 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bronxbomba63

I want to start working on interior mods, and the first place I want to start are painting the door panels and possibly dash. I've never done this before, so I have no idea as to where to start. I was wondering if anybody here has either done this or know where I can go to find a "how to" for this. I've searched all over here, and other forums and can't find squat. Somebody help PLEASE!!!!!
Are you painting the dash or just the areas that are silver on the IUP? They do make stuff that you can stick on to your dash to lively it up some. One guy put rose wood, but in my opinion, wooden dashes belong in luxury cars.
Old 06-15-2008, 02:12 PM
bronxbomba63
4th Gear Member

as far as the dash goes, I'm going to go on ebay and get a carbon fiber dash kit. But I really want to do the door panels since they are just REALLY boring looking. I kind of want to do the top of the dash...maybe paint it a gloss black, along with the door panels. Basically what I want to do is compliment a two tone (black/mineral grey) that I plan on doing for the car's exterior. But yeah, I agree with the wood dashes.
Old 06-15-2008, 02:30 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

I put welts in my doors to give it some contrast;

Quick Reply: painting interior