Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Would my car be a snow plow?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 05:15 AM
Ato
4th Gear Member

Default Would my car be a snow plow?

Just need a quick answer from someone w/ a CDC aggressive that isn't lowered in the front. How much clearance do you have at the lowest point of the spoiler and how much trouble do you have w/ speed bumps, curbs, inclines, etc? I drive my car year round and as I stated in the title, I don't want to turn it into a snow plow, but I did find an agressive used locally for $125 via Craigs List and I'm strongly considering it.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:19 AM
PennState
6th Gear Member

wow man, i would just take the risk and get it for that cheap, just paid over 200 for the classic. i looked everywhere for a used one.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:20 PM
gtguyonli
2nd Gear Member

Hmmmm not sure about the aggressive, I just installed the CDC classic and it is about 1 1/2"s lower than stock. Talk to Josh ar RPI Designs, I am sure he can help you, they are very helpful there, plus great prices and customer service.

https://mustangforums.com/forum/memb...9-mvc-006f.jpg
Old 03-12-2009, 12:32 PM
Tracedaddy
4th Gear Member

I am lowered now so I can't give you a measurement any more but even before I lowered it, I had to be VERY careful at any kind of on-ramp etc. On a straight flat road, I had enough clearance to make it through light snow. And of course, once the plows went through I was fine. But you'll find there are LOTS of times when you aren't on flat snow covered roads. Say when you're trying to get into your driveway after a plow has gone through. You can do it. It's just not fun.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:36 PM
Ato
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tracedaddy
I am lowered now so I can't give you a measurement any more but even before I lowered it, I had to be VERY careful at any kind of on-ramp etc. On a straight flat road, I had enough clearance to make it through light snow. And of course, once the plows went through I was fine. But you'll find there are LOTS of times when you aren't on flat snow covered roads. Say when you're trying to get into your driveway after a plow has gone through. You can do it. It's just not fun.
Regardless of what I get I don't think I would be painting it since it looks good textured and second it would be easier to touch up if I did rough iit up, assuming I didn't break it. As for snow there is going to be many times in general when the plows will get overwelmed here in Buffalo, thats when I figured I could help out, lol. Sounds kind of like the aggressive might be a bit much for me, I'll probably just have to stick w/ the classic or even look into getting a gt500 spoiler and modding it.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:28 PM
PennState
6th Gear Member

^ i also thought about the gt500 chin spoiler, however the price went up to 126, so it deff worth it to just get one of the cdc ones.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:49 PM
Ato
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jerseyautoparts
^ i also thought about the gt500 chin spoiler, however the price went up to 126, so it deff worth it to just get one of the cdc ones.
Well then hopefully I can find one here used that already has the work done to it if I go that route.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:57 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

If you go that route hopefully you wont get more then 3 inches of snow if lowered....IMO it will be a plow
Old 03-12-2009, 11:05 PM
East87
4th Gear Member

Haha I thought Ato was being facetious when he described the front end as being a "plow."
Old 03-13-2009, 02:46 PM
Poco
4th Gear Member

Thats a good question but considering the amount of snow Buffalo gets you might consider a CS bumper cover instead.They sit up and still have a bit of a chin look to them. I wish we would get some snow.Its dry as a bone here in Denver,Co.

Quick Reply: Would my car be a snow plow?