Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Ideas for a custom paint job?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 03:55 PM
r3velation
4th Gear Member

your car is sick, period. maybe get some stuff inside painted, like the dash, center console, what not.

for the money you'd be dropping on a new paint job, i'd just pick up a nice set of brakes to fill in those 20s.

or just get the shorty antenna.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:57 PM
zporta
5th Gear Member

reminds me alot of.... mygt500
Old 04-29-2009, 04:45 PM
Allstar
5th Gear Member

get a paint job that looks like snake scales
Old 04-29-2009, 06:47 PM
ABQstang89
3rd Gear Member

The supersnake stripe would look really good. You could go with ghost flames but I would go with like the american flag or like the ghost tribar running pony in the middle of the good. Or some ghost ponies running down the side of your car after the GT500. There was a thread the other day with a guy who had a paint job on the underside of his hood. Just some things to think about.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:35 PM
STANMAN
4th Gear Member

If you have unlimited $$$$$, I would like to see your car painted Mystichrome. I always wanted to know what our body style would look like in that color!
Old 04-29-2009, 07:40 PM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

I don't know about ghost flames, I feel like they can look out of place most of the time, especially on a car like this. The Super Snake stripe would look cool. You could go with a classic color combo like the Shelby Blue & White or something totally out there like Lambo Pearl Orange or BMW Laguna Seca Blue
Old 04-29-2009, 08:10 PM
zporta
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Texotic
I don't know about ghost flames, I feel like they can look out of place most of the time, especially on a car like this. The Super Snake stripe would look cool. You could go with a classic color combo like the Shelby Blue & White or something totally out there like Lambo Pearl Orange or BMW Laguna Seca Blue
OH YEA! i have always loved that color
Old 04-30-2009, 02:19 AM
usmcpony
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by STANMAN
If you have unlimited $$$$$, I would like to see your car painted Mystichrome. I always wanted to know what our body style would look like in that color!
I already have my MysticCrhrome remake lol

A pic of my old motor.
[/QUOTE]
Old 04-30-2009, 02:27 AM
usmcpony
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by r3velation
your car is sick, period. maybe get some stuff inside painted, like the dash, center console, what not.

for the money you'd be dropping on a new paint job, i'd just pick up a nice set of brakes to fill in those 20s.

or just get the shorty antenna.
I have to get a new paint job. My old body shop really screwed it up bad. Peeling/chipping paint every where. I had to get a Lawyer and threaten the **** out of him. Estimate was over $8500. With that said if I want to change or add something this is the time to do it. Im deff. gettin the radiator cover painted the same color as the car with stripes. Shorty antenna, hood gas strut lifters, Underside of the hood is getting stripes as well, side scoops, window louvers are getiing molded. This is my plan so far. Who knows it might change again
Old 04-30-2009, 02:29 AM
usmcpony
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Texotic
I wonder how well those colors would look on my Mustang? Photo shop anyone?

Quick Reply: Ideas for a custom paint job?