Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Carbon fiber hood opinions

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2010, 01:06 PM
Time2SHO
1st Gear Member

Default Carbon fiber hood opinions

I know all of you have more important things to do(be with family, put those new parts on your mustang, etc), so i dont expect to have answers right away, but today, i gathered enough saved cash for a carbon fiber hood, and i wanted your guys opinion on which hood i should be getting(i like both of them).

there both on trucarbon the first one is the 3 inch cowl hood.

http://www.trucarbon.net/Trucarbon_M...0024-a49-3.htm

I had a question about the driving visability with the 3 inch cowl on the hood, i was going to make like a carboard mock up or something, but my mustang is packed away. Just wanted to hear the people who had it, how the the visability?

The second one is the gts4 hood

http://www.trucarbon.net/Trucarbon_M...c10024-a53.htm

My car is red, but i cant find the exact name of the paint, but the cars in my display picture. I will eventually want to add the cdc agressive chin to my car, so which hood will look better with that chin? Sorry for all the question and thanks in advance for the help.

Merry Christmas
Old 12-25-2010, 01:11 PM
09cs
5th Gear Member

The 3 in cowl may cut down on your visibility but looks mean! Don't know how much it will cut down. The GTS 4 is one of my personal favorites so I'm a little biased to that one lol. But either way Trucarbon makes great CF hoods!! Javdog on here has teh CF GTS4 hood on his CS, maybe PM for some more pics of it if you want too? And Mellowyellow06 has (had?) the CF 3in. cowl for a GT500 front so you can PM him or maybe he'll chime in here about the visibility.
Old 12-25-2010, 01:20 PM
Time2SHO
1st Gear Member

double post..

Last edited by Time2SHO; 12-25-2010 at 01:35 PM.
Old 12-25-2010, 01:22 PM
Time2SHO
1st Gear Member

Ok thanks bro, i'll do that. but you think a carbon hood would look alright with my color? its like the darker metallic red color?
Old 12-25-2010, 01:31 PM
09cs
5th Gear Member

Here is a picture of Mellowyellow06's car with it on

I think it will look alright. Another option is you can add some black stripes to the car, and paint the hood but leave some CF exposed that follow the stripes (if that makes sense?)
Old 12-25-2010, 01:45 PM
Time2SHO
1st Gear Member

I think it will look alright. Another option is you can add some black stripes to the car, and paint the hood but leave some CF exposed that follow the stripes (if that makes sense?)[/QUOTE]

yea i can see what your talking about, thank you very much for your help
Old 12-25-2010, 02:49 PM
Cal26Stang
5th Gear Member

I love the trucarbon 3in cf cowl hood

that'll be the one I get for sure
Old 12-25-2010, 03:47 PM
Fifthwind
3rd Gear Member

If it were my decision to make...

... I'd just bang my friggin head into the wall until I passed out and let the ambulance crew pick the hood for me. I love both of them and, in the last six months, I still can't decide which I like better.

*If you put a gun to my head, I guess I would lean toward the cowl...no, Gts4...NO, COWL... NO, GTS4.... NO..... aw crap... just shoot me.
Old 12-25-2010, 03:56 PM
Time2SHO
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fifthwind
If it were my decision to make...

... I'd just bang my friggin head into the wall until I passed out and let the ambulance crew pick the hood for me. I love both of them and, in the last six months, I still can't decide which I like better.

*If you put a gun to my head, I guess I would lean toward the cowl...no, Gts4...NO, COWL... NO, GTS4.... NO..... aw crap... just shoot me.
Well if i did have the cash, i'd buy them both...but im still a student. I know its a hard decision, im thinking im leaning more towards the cowl, because the car does get drivin in the rain some days. Would the hood scoop and the heat exchanges let in alot more water than the cowl?
Old 12-25-2010, 04:51 PM
Cal26Stang
5th Gear Member

Cowl makes more room

Quick Reply: Carbon fiber hood opinions