Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Sequentials Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 02:06 AM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Default Sequentials Question

So I am currently considering an apperance mod for my mustang (2008 v6) and decided on sequential tail light turn signals. I looked up some after-market ones, and all of the ones ive looked up are sequential for the brake as well, I do not want this, I like my brake light pattern the way it is, but since I was considering the plug and play harness I dont know if this is an option?

Must I splice the tail lights to get the desired setup I am looking for (ie, only sequential when I use turn signals, and NOT when braking)?

I only ask because ive seen other cars with sequential brake lights, and everytime they brake....Well, it just seems a bit excessive(too much of a good thing) in my humble opinion
Thank you for your time! Any advice is much appreciated.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:15 AM
zoomerman46
1st Gear Member

One of the first mods I did to my 05 Mustang Gt waso install the WebElectric sequential
tail light harness. Bought the plug and play version. I have never had any issues with them. Nice mod to bad we can't see it while driving. Good product.

Here's the link to their site. http://www.webelectricproducts.com/
Old 01-03-2011, 07:26 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

I have WebElectric Sequential tail lights too but mine do sequence when breaking....but you know what, I have had a lot of compliments on that.
That company may have options on no sequence braking. They are a very good company and stand by their products.
Easy to install too.....plug -n-play.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:48 AM
AzPete
4th Gear Member

They only sequence once, when the pedal is fist applied and are then solid. I had them on my '07 GT Vert and had no issues from traffic.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:06 AM
Fifthwind
3rd Gear Member

Yeah, mine only sequence once when the brake is first pressed, then solid. I get lots of compliments on it, even though I never get to see it.

Think of it this way: Sequentials are a Mod for us, not you. We see it and you don't... AND WE LIKE IT!!! So, who cares what you think. LOL
Old 01-03-2011, 11:30 AM
wayne613
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by aaquib1992
So I am currently considering an apperance mod for my mustang (2008 v6) and decided on sequential tail light turn signals. I looked up some after-market ones, and all of the ones ive looked up are sequential for the brake as well, I do not want this, I like my brake light pattern the way it is, but since I was considering the plug and play harness I dont know if this is an option?
Ditto on what most have stated. I don't think anyone sells it with just the turn-signal, but most just do the brake once, then stay solid. If you bring your foot off the brake completely then back on it will do it again though. They're not made smart enough to have a timer in addition that any I know of for the flash on braking.
The American Muscle sold ones that I installed/bought operate this same way. Probably just being resold from this company for all I know.

The only thing with these is if you wish to do the LED light installs they will usually require a load resistor to function, as the computer thinks you don't have bulbs anymore without added resistance applied. Not exactly sure how the after-market harnesses change the equation to bring this about, but they do.

Last edited by wayne613; 01-03-2011 at 11:33 AM.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:17 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Ah, i see. Well not what I was hoping for(kinda wanted a set without the brake sequence) but what some of you said (Fifthwind) was very true, and hilarious
So, i guess if I dont find a Webelectric one without the brake sequence, ill just get the standard ones with them.
Once again, thanks for the help everyone!
Old 01-04-2011, 12:18 AM
4LiterSonic
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by wayne613
Ditto on what most have stated. I don't think anyone sells it with just the turn-signal, but most just do the brake once, then stay solid. If you bring your foot off the brake completely then back on it will do it again though. They're not made smart enough to have a timer in addition that any I know of for the flash on braking.
The American Muscle sold ones that I installed/bought operate this same way. Probably just being resold from this company for all I know.

The only thing with these is if you wish to do the LED light installs they will usually require a load resistor to function, as the computer thinks you don't have bulbs anymore without added resistance applied. Not exactly sure how the after-market harnesses change the equation to bring this about, but they do.
I believe that you're correct in the assumption that AM resells the WebElectric kit.

I bought mine and the instructions led to the WE support site if I had any questions.

OP, as far as sequencing goes...I don't know if WE sells one that doesn't sequence when you tap the brakes. Personally, I like this, but to each their own.

You could try to find a set of 2010-up harnesses and they might fit into the 05-09s. If I recall correctly, they don't sequence when the stop pedal is pushed, only when the turn signal is on. The sequencing is a little slower, though.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:25 AM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

ok, so I did some research and WEBELECTRIC now has something called "smart sequence technology" that is a fancy way of saying, it keeps the brakes solid (3 bars) and only directional for the turns..
They say it can be removed(ie made to have directional brakes also) easily, but it comes with the technology when ordered now. WHOO!
Thanks everyone, and especially 07 Stang for the links!
Old 01-04-2011, 04:08 AM
mulestang

I've had these for a year now. Work perfect, great quality.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Legal...Q5fAccessories

Quick Reply: Sequentials Question