Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Can I get some help?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 01:04 PM
Jake123

Default Can I get some help?

Hello there. So I'm just a kid who doesn't know much of anything about cars, but I appreciate a nice car when I see one. I have a 2005 yellow mustang \/ with a stock v6, and I got lucky when buying this, because it already has some nice upgrades. Custom paint job, big rims and tires. I'd like to make a few upgrades, but i don't know enough about cars to have any idea what changes I could make. I'm interested in some fog lights and maybe headlight mods(if those even exist??) So what this thread is really about is to see if anyone can help me, appearance wise, upgrade my mustang to a real eye catcher.

Hate those stickers...

Old 06-15-2011, 01:30 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Hey man, welcome to the forum!

Nice mustang btw, I like the yellow/silver combo. But if you are looking for visual upgrades you might want to look into a mustang GT front bumper/rear, really spruces up the look of the car and gives it a more aggressive overall look, BUT if you want to replace the front bumper then you need a GT grill as well (this is the grill that comes with the fog light cut outs). Links below:

This bumper comes with a chin spoiler you might also like:http://www.newtakeoff.com/mustang-gt...n_Spoiler.aspx

Here is the type of grill you would need: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-08...item4cf7ce5b11

Louvers and clear front turn signals are popular too, might want to look into those. americanmuscle.com has some really good products and service is unbeatable, might want to check them out for some ideas too.

Overall, NICE car jake123! Hope to see you around here again. Btw, do you know what wheels you have on there? I really like that spoke design.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:03 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Beautiful Mustang, gotta agree with Aaquib on everything.
The color combo is really nice. You could either do a GT bumper swap (Like I did and many other members have done.) Or you could go with a V6 chin spoiler.
Like Aaquib said go on American Muscle and look at some of their products.
Be sure the parts you are looking at say V6 beside them though, you don't want to buy the wrong part.
And you could use a new exhaust tip or a whole new exhaust, yours is a little on the rusty side.
Look at all the different threads here in the appearance section a lot of members have done some cool stuff.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:14 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

Hack the antenna down to size, I'm not a fan of the black spoiler since your accent color is silver. It just looks out of place with nothing else to tie it in. Dual exhaust is popular among v6'ers.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:39 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

There's simply WAYYY too many things you can do to a Stang. It's all a matter of preference. Research the forum, do a whole lot of Google searches and what-have-you to get some ideas and then pick what you want. Bumper replacements, headlight buckets, clear vs tinted signals, quarter window louvers, rear window louvers, side scoops, hoods... You'd better have some deep pockets! And that's only the appearance mods. The power mods provide more wood than the appearance mods, IMO...

Nice Stang and welcome!
Old 06-15-2011, 03:02 PM
Gen5_40
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by danzcool
Hack the antenna down to size, I'm not a fan of the black spoiler since your accent color is silver. It just looks out of place with nothing else to tie it in. Dual exhaust is popular among v6'ers.
I agree the black spoiler looks out of place. Either the body color (yellow) or accent color would look more correct. Duals change the rear look nicely but will not add much performance wise, however, definitely will improve sound over stock when done right. Check out Silver Horse Racing as well. SHR has very nice louvers (1965 ish) that complete the fastback look and are still usable to see out of. They also carry many other pieces that look good on our mustangs. As others have said...take time to look at many upgraded Mustangs. pick and choose what you like and make it our own creation that turns heads.
Old 06-15-2011, 03:05 PM
Lifter583
4th Gear Member

So what this thread is really about is to see if anyone can help me, appearance wise, upgrade my mustang to a real eye catcher.

Taking pictures of your car with hot girls is the best eye catcher...but that is just my opinion...
Old 06-15-2011, 03:13 PM
Gen5_40
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lifter583
So what this thread is really about is to see if anyone can help me, appearance wise, upgrade my mustang to a real eye catcher.

Taking pictures of your car with hot girls is the best eye catcher...but that is just my opinion...
+1
Easily upgradeable mod...great eye catcher...good for your image(s)
Old 06-15-2011, 03:28 PM
Jake123

Thanks for all the feedback. I'll work on the pictures with some girls lol. Cheap and easy upgrade for sure.
I have one more question too because I'm really interested in PennState's interior mods from his picture in this thread https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...leds-pics.html He has LED's in just about every place possible and he has some sort of screen (GPS?) mounted in. How expensive and where would I even look to find something like that?
Old 06-15-2011, 03:44 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Lol girls are probably the most expensive mod you could do, I should know I am one.

I'm actually about to do some interior mods on my Mustang.
I'm getting a touch screen head unit a Kenwood DDX-318 its really nice. Getting new speakers and will probably have my bf install some LEDs. With everything it will be close to $500.

And his spoiler looks grey to me.

oh and TINT, DO IT

Last edited by Tanner05; 06-15-2011 at 04:07 PM.