Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

vandalized/now repaired.

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 08:40 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

Default vandalized/now repaired.

A little over a month ago some dumb-asses drove by with a baseball bat and smashed the driver side mirror... and unfortunately slightly dented the A pillar turning what would be a $150 repair into $2k.

and then, 9 days later, hit and run bike or scooter handlebars? putting a gash down to bare metal, plus a dent in the driver side door before I even had a chance to leave it to the body shop (due to dealing with insurance), however I had already reported the first incident to insurance, so another deductible for this one. All of this was while the car was parked in front of my house.

4 years without so much as a door ding and then 2 things within 9 days, what is wrong with society, no respect for anyone or anything, geez, I was always raised to not mess with someone else's car. I've been pretty depressed, but I got it back from the body shop yesterday. While it was there I had them paint up some agent 47 mirrors, I think it is a nice change from the obama ears they put on our cars at the factory.

I currently have no garage or driveway, so street parking has my only option, but I'll be having a driveway built and put up a carport or garage depending on how the cash holds out. I've also talked with Greg at RET about a performance upgrade, so that should get my car off the street for about 2 weeks while I work on a driveway.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:49 PM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

I'm glad this doesn't happen to me becuase I would probably have charges filed against me for beating people to death...

And I wouldn't even have the money to cover my deductible
Old 08-22-2012, 10:23 PM
gothamems
3rd Gear Member

Looks great! Personally, IMHO the tow dewhicky on the front detracts from the car.....
Old 08-22-2012, 10:42 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by baddog671
I'm glad this doesn't happen to me becuase I would probably have charges filed against me for beating people to death...

And I wouldn't even have the money to cover my deductible
You know, I'm kinda glad I didn't see the people who did it for the same reason... but I still hope they eventually get caught and end up as some big fat guy's bitch in prison.

Originally Posted by gothamems
Looks great! Personally, IMHO the tow dewhicky on the front detracts from the car.....
You know, I kind of agree, red powdercoat is the normal color from frpp, and I've been debating
1. either painting it the stripe color or black or...
2. just unbolting the ring and only bolting it on when at race events.
and #2 is probably going to win, plus the bright red ring is a bit like asking for a no front license plate ticket.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:50 PM
highline
4th Gear Member

damn that's a sexy car...I think the tow ring painted stripe color would be ****...PM sent about the HO
Old 08-23-2012, 04:06 PM
Antonio323
4th Gear Member

Obama ears... Lmao! That Mustang is really beautiful. It's a damn shame to see this happen to anyone. I actually had someone scratch my hood recently, so I know how you're feeling.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:57 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Glad to see everything worked out for the better.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:42 AM
ZPounds07GT
3rd Gear Member

As soon as I saw the title I looked at the poster and my jaw dropped. I can't believe the actions of other people sometimes. Ridiculous. Your car looks even better with that splitter and I actually like the tow ring. It really gives it the sports car look with that splitter and ring IMO.

The mirrors look kinda small though and out of place to me but the car is still beautiful! Glad to see things worked out alright and that you have plans to better protect her now
Old 08-25-2012, 11:05 PM
BAB GT
2nd Gear Member

Very nice upgrades! Romney should replace every S-197 owner's mirrors as a campaign promise.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:03 AM
05MineralGrayV6
3rd Gear Member

Looks good my man the agent 47 mirrors are growing on me didn't use to like them but now I'm seriously considering them as my next upgrade

Quick Reply: vandalized/now repaired.