Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Roush Leather skins are HERE!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 11:33 AM
Fader
1st Gear Member

Default Roush Leather skins are HERE!!

I got a smoking deal on a brand-new set of Tan/Blue Roush leather skins, and cannot wait to install them! They are going to look FABULOUS!

Last edited by Fader; 08-23-2013 at 11:36 AM.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:40 PM
akdoggie
2nd Gear Member

Should look good with your Vista Blue car. I wish that Roush had a couple different color blues, instead of just this one. I wanted a dark leather with the Petty blue color inserts, but could only find Kaz with them for about a Grand. Went with factory leather takeoffs.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:59 PM
Rocket Ray
2nd Gear Member

Plan on putting them on yourself? I got the stage 3 with charcoal grey and blue for my Vista Blue. Use cable ties instead of hog rings, makes things a little easier. Mine went on easily enough, but now the lever on the back of the front passenger's seat doesn't actuate the tilt feature, I have to use the lever on the side of the seat cushion. Trying to build up the ambition to fix it.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:27 PM
Fader
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by akdoggie
Should look good with your Vista Blue car. I wish that Roush had a couple different color blues, instead of just this one. I wanted a dark leather with the Petty blue color inserts, but could only find Kaz with them for about a Grand. Went with factory leather takeoffs.
Thanks!! I know they're a bit lighter than I wanted, too, but I couldn't pass them up for $340, delivered. Besides, I didn't want to darken the interior too much, and these will just POP. I couldn't stand the thought of paying $1000 for new skins.

Originally Posted by Rocket Ray
Plan on putting them on yourself? I got the stage 3 with charcoal grey and blue for my Vista Blue. Use cable ties instead of hog rings, makes things a little easier. Mine went on easily enough, but now the lever on the back of the front passenger's seat doesn't actuate the tilt feature, I have to use the lever on the side of the seat cushion. Trying to build up the ambition to fix it.
I am going to install them myself. Saw a good YouTube video from Katzkin on how to do it. It'll be some work, but I'm good with that.

Thanks for the tip using zip-ties. I'd actually considered that, but didn't want to screw anything up, or have them come loose. Can you access the bottom of the springs from underneath, to tighten the ties down?
Old 08-23-2013, 07:35 PM
Rocket Ray
2nd Gear Member

Mine came with instructions for where to put the hog rings, there are some metal pieces in the seat foam. Just use the cable ties there. Make sure the seats and your skins are warm. The rears are easy, the fronts are much harder.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:04 PM
Fader
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rocket Ray
Mine came with instructions for where to put the hog rings, there are some metal pieces in the seat foam. Just use the cable ties there. Make sure the seats and your skins are warm. The rears are easy, the fronts are much harder.
Awesome advice! Thanks! I'll be doing this in my garage, and it'll be plenty warm. Plus, I have feminine help, with small hands, that will nag me to take my time, and not cut corners. Easy on the eyes, too! Win/Win!
Old 08-24-2013, 02:52 AM
akdoggie
2nd Gear Member

Like Rocket Ray said, make sure they are warm when you put them on. Especially the head rests. If not, you might get a slight tearing where the pins go (headrests). There were 2 sets on eBay a while back, and both had the headrests torn by the rods. Good luck, and enjoy your interior. Pics when done????
Old 08-24-2013, 04:44 AM
audioAl
4th Gear Member

Yea, pic's of the install.
Old 08-24-2013, 08:57 AM
Fader
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by audioAl
Yea, pic's of the install.
I'll absolutely post pics!
Old 08-25-2013, 05:57 PM
Fader
1st Gear Member

I was going to wait until next weekend to install my new leather, but just couldn't wait. I got the rear seats installed today, and will do the fronts next Saturday.

The blue matches better than I thought it would, and I'm very satisfied with the quality and appearance. Not spending $1000 makes them look even better!

Name:  20130825_163003_zpsc78eb083.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  63.7 KB

Quick Reply: Roush Leather skins are HERE!!