Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealership wants to "BUY BACK" my car?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 07:14 PM
Geno

Default Dealership wants to "BUY BACK" my car?

Perhaps a few more of you received something similar? I'll go into detail...

I received a letter from my dealership stating the following:
---------------------------
BARBER-PAULEY FORD WANTS TO BUYBACK YOUR 2006 Ford Car T80.

B-P FORD, Madinson, NC has been selected as a site to conduct a special test market buyback event. Your status as a valued B-P FORD customer qualifies you for this private vehicle buyback event.

We are in desperate need to aquire several pre-owned Ford Car T80's by March 13th. 2006 in order to fullfill special requests. Our records indicate that you own a 2006 Ford Car T80 and our managers have been authorized to buy it back at above market prices.

We would like to exchange your 2006 Ford Car T80 for any new 2006 Ford car, truck, SUV or van or choose from our wide selection of quality, late-model pre-owned vehicles. With generous trade in values, we feel confident that you can make this exchange with little or no out of pocket expense! In addition, since you are a loyal customer of B-P FORD, during this event, we will arrange financing to give you a monthly payment that fits your budget.

blabbity blabbity so on, so forth...
---------------------------

OK. First off, doesnt it seem like they are giving two seperate excuses for why they want it back? Are they conducting a "test event" or are they in "desperate needs to fullfill special requests"? Secondly, why is the voice in the back of my head saying "You know someone's getting screwed over somehow, and how much you want to bet it's you?"

I wouldn't have given it more than a passing glance if it werent for the fact that i've been contemplating trading in my car for a GT in 2008. I could certainly settle for a 2007 (and maybe i could talk them into letting me order one if they are so desperate!) since the paint color i want will finally be available. If pulled this off perfectly i could save myself a lot of money. I figure its worth stopping by the dealership to inquire about, so long as i keep my guard WAY up.

What do you guys think about this?
Old 03-06-2006, 07:24 PM
FlyUgly

Default RE: Dealership wants to "BUY BACK" my car?

Jeeeeez. I've never even HEARD of anything like that before. But like you said, someone is gonna get screwed, and you can sure as hell bet it ain't gonna be the dealer.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:36 PM
Thetics
2nd Gear Member

Audi has "bought back" 2 of my brother's previous cars. Its pretty normal, go down, talk to them if they give u a good deal on a new one, why not? i dunno.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:56 PM
6xStang
3rd Gear Member

I got a similar invitation from a caddy dealer. When you run the numbers you will see that it is just another way to get you to come in and talk trade-in. As previously stated, somebody will get screwed and it won't be the dealer, and given that your trade would only involve 2 parties.......
Old 03-06-2006, 07:59 PM
andyman
4th Gear Member

LOL buy back the car..... tell them they shouldn't have sold it in the first place!!! indian givers hahahhaa

MY CAR, MINE!!! GRRRRRRRR
Old 03-06-2006, 08:28 PM
Thetics
2nd Gear Member

if its a lease, you may actually come up
Old 03-06-2006, 09:07 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

Yeah, it's just another form of creative marketing. The computer age has made it possible for these mass mailings to look legitimate. All they want you to do is come in and buy a new car and trade your old one in. They no doubt sent the exact same mailing to everyone they've sold a car to in the last few years with only the names and car type changing on each mailing.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:09 PM
andyman
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Thetics

if its a lease, you may actually come up
nope not a lease
Old 03-06-2006, 09:44 PM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

Definitely a ploy to get you in to sell you a new car don't fall for it.
Old 03-06-2006, 10:28 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

Yeah that would a classic marketing stunt If the letter came from FORD and stated known recalls or safety issues as the reason for the buy-back, then it might be reason for concern. But since it came from a dealer, and they state you can buy ANY Ford after an attractive trade-in value I'd steer clear. Unless you like the idea of a new car one year later.

Quick Reply: Dealership wants to "BUY BACK" my car?