Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A Call to Arms

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 03:23 PM
BeeStang
3rd Gear Member

Default A Call to Arms

Boycott the following gas companies, NOW; Exxon, Mobil, Esso, Shell, BP, Murphy.

You have to commit to this, we are only talking about a few oil companies!! Buy your gas elsewhere!! Also, if you have a gas card from any of these companies, cancel it!!

OK I know this is not the best forum to make this an issue, but again we can make a difference. Here is the plan, a quote from a site that has the best idea, IT CAN WORK;

"Do you think the oil companies were making fat cash when the price of gas was $1.50 per gallon? You bet. Price isn't determined by what the product costs to produce, it is determined by what the market will bear..... and currently our market is bearing $2.50+ per gallon.

I hear we are going to hit close to $3.00 a gallon by the end of summer. Want gasoline prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent, united action. Phillip Hollsworth, offered this good idea:

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May!

The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea has come up with a plan that can really work.

Please read it and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $1.50 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $2.75 for regular unleaded in my town.

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50-$1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace.... not sellers.

With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON"T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do!! Now, don't whimp (sic) out on me at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!! I am sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) .. and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers!If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!! Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people and DON"T purchase ANY gasoline from EXXON and MOBIL. That's all. (If you don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to do is send this to 10 people.... well, let's face it, you just aren't a mathematician. But I am... so trust me on this one.)

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you! Acting together we can make a difference.

If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on."

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK

Old 04-21-2006, 03:27 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

Default RE: A Call to Arms

ORIGINAL: BeeStang

OK, I'm on my soap box and most of you would agree that the oil companies are raping all of us on the current cost of gasoline. I did some research and there are many web sites that are trying to get all of us to boycott specific companies in hopes that they will take notice and lower the price of gas. I personally think it's disgraceful. Here is a link to a search for the subject concerning the boycott of Exxon Mobile. WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE IF WE ALL AGREE TO DO THIS FOR JUST ONE WEEK!! http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=boycott+exxon

I don't know about the rest of the people her but I have heard this a hundred times before and it never made any difference.
Old 04-21-2006, 03:29 PM
Fourth Horseman
2nd Gear Member

Think I'll just try pressing the loud pedal a little less firmly for a while, myself.
Old 04-21-2006, 03:48 PM
BeeStang
3rd Gear Member

Mike, It can work, you just have to commit to not buying your gas at specific stations and let everyone know. I'm sure you know 10 people that you can send a copy of this too. Don't give up, just say no to high gas prices and do something about it... just send out 10 emails to friends and family.

I am going to send this out to over 1000 people in my work network and at least try my best to curb this disaster.

ORIGINAL: MikeHawke

ORIGINAL: BeeStang

OK, I'm on my soap box and most of you would agree that the oil companies are raping all of us on the current cost of gasoline. I did some research and there are many web sites that are trying to get all of us to boycott specific companies in hopes that they will take notice and lower the price of gas. I personally think it's disgraceful. Here is a link to a search for the subject concerning the boycott of Exxon Mobile. WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE IF WE ALL AGREE TO DO THIS FOR JUST ONE WEEK!! http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=boycott+exxon

I don't know about the rest of the people her but I have heard this a hundred times before and it never made any difference.
Old 04-21-2006, 03:56 PM
SOLDSHORT
5th Gear Member

Problem Solved
Old 04-21-2006, 04:14 PM
KFC
1st Gear Member

whenever someone sends me an e-mail that tells me to forward it to 10 other people (chain mails), they go on my blocked list....and then they get kicked in the nuts if they are local.
Old 04-21-2006, 04:21 PM
rex7010
3rd Gear Member

If EVERYONE that reads these forums just GIVES it a try what does it cost you...?? 2-3 mins max. of your time..??

Rex
Old 04-21-2006, 04:25 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

As long as we have no choice but to put gas in our cars these ides won't work. Some of us, or I should say most of us only have a few different companies around us, I have BP, Shell, Citgo, Clark plus some knock off crap gas dealers. Your idea won't work, may **** of your network admin and the gas companies laugh at these lame attempts because they don't get hurt, the station owner does (I have little or no sympathy for them however considering their Holiday tactics and such).

To make a difference we need to scream at our lobbyist kissing people in Government who decide that 10 to 20 billion in profit is not sticking the consumer in the ***, it's just normal profit, even though they set new records every time the price of oil goes up. Which is, anytime someone in Venezuela farts or mentions he isn’t going to play nice anymore. Has anybody mentioned Canada? Hell no, even though we get the majority of our gas from them but hey, it’s about the middle east right?

Until we get the people who represent us to change, (and of course our habits) this insane increase will continue unabated until people can't afford to drive to work anymore, some people for example and I know I keep using it, my sister now pays almost $500.00 per month to get to work because to move closer would double her rent, so of course she accepted the longer driver to save some money. Her income has gone up 3% in the past 3 years, how high has gas climbed in the same time period? Has her income gone up the same amount, hell no but the wackos out there say hey Europe pays almost $5.00 a gallon so shut it!

My response is they've been paying that for 20 years, their incomes have adjusted for it, average Joe American is getting bent over and people in this country just take it and come up with wacked out ideas instead of going the route they should go. Your elected does nothing but screw you officials who represent their agendas, lobbyists and fellow elected officials but not their constituents.

It’s time to start allowing the drilling of oil again here and dare I say it but Alaska. Don’t like the idea? Force your elected officials to support oil from coal and ethanol among other ways of producing gas….

The end..
Old 04-21-2006, 04:25 PM
STL_Atty
1st Gear Member

I heard that if you do this, Bill Gates will send you $1 for every person you send it on to.
Old 04-21-2006, 04:26 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SOLDSHORT

Problem Solved
Doesn't work so well in China.... which is why they now use so much oil...

Quick Reply: A Call to Arms