Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyno Results 06 Kenne Bell

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 11:56 PM
MacGyverGTP
2nd Gear Member

Default Dyno Results 06 Kenne Bell

Well here's what I got...
The IAT was over 150* here in Scottsdale, AZ & I know it had a pretty ugly effect on the power, but we did get 10lbs of boost out of it.

Please review & let me know if this is all I am going to see for my $8000 in this heat. Can't wait to see what she runs on a DynoJet in the winter!

Thanks for any ideas on how to beat the heat!

[IMG]local://upfiles/31159/4FBFADC5E848483AB11F5EB96B81C46A.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-21-2006, 12:10 AM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Dyno Results 06 Kenne Bell

Hey even if it could improve I wish I had those #s at my rear wheels. What is the elevation in scottsdale? I know in east new mexico its like 4400' and its killin me. Can't wait to get out of this hole.
Old 06-21-2006, 01:02 AM
Virgule
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MacGyverGTP

Well here's what I got...
The IAT was over 150* here in Scottsdale, AZ & I know it had a pretty ugly effect on the power, but we did get 10lbs of boost out of it.

Please review & let me know if this is all I am going to see for my $8000 in this heat. Can't wait to see what she runs on a DynoJet in the winter!

Thanks for any ideas on how to beat the heat!

[IMG]local://upfiles/31159/4FBFADC5E848483AB11F5EB96B81C46A.jpg[/IMG]
Water/Methanol Injection
Old 06-21-2006, 01:25 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Well. I guess I will be the bad guy.

Personally, if it were me and that was all I got out of 10psi, I would be pretty disappointed. Yes....I know it is a Mustang dyno. Yes... I know it is hot in Arizona. But I put down over 440 to the wheels ( Dynojet ) on a 100+ degree day with 8psi.
Your A/F is about a point and a half off of what it should be also.
Old 06-21-2006, 01:59 AM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hawgman

Well. I guess I will be the bad guy.

Personally, if it were me and that was all I got out of 10psi, I would be pretty disappointed. Yes....I know it is a Mustang dyno. Yes... I know it is hot in Arizona. But I put down over 440 to the wheels ( Dynojet ) on a 100+ degree day with 8psi.
Your A/F is about a point and a half off of what it should be also.
I have to agree. I made 360whp on a mustang dyno in 85 degree hi humidity weather with my Saleen blower pushing only 4psi. And I didn't spend anywhere near 8K to get that. I'd look into some intake/fuel upgrades. And get a proper tune on that thing before something bad happens.

I would have thought the KB would put up better numbers than that. Something's amiss.
Was it an auto or manual?
Old 06-21-2006, 02:46 AM
MacGyverGTP
2nd Gear Member

From what I have read, this is about the equivilent to having 403rwhp on a Dynojet, but not sure if that is accurate. Scottsdale Elevation is 1500' MSL & it was about 105* out today.

I am pretty disappointed... And I had to wait 3 months for it.

How do you know the A/F ratio is off? The guys who did the dyno said this looks a little on the safe side, but I would get little power for a lot of risk if I went any leaner. Mind you, this is the canned tune the Kenne Bell came with & I do trust that it is in their best interest to be conservative.

Should I do something? take it to a dynojet & see what it does? wait till winter? drive over to California & see how she acts? Just unsure where to go & what to do.

Would love to find someone out here who is running a KB & compare. With the stock 18" rims & wheels, I can't even break them loose in 2nd gear & just barely in first.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Sean

Old 06-21-2006, 03:01 AM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MacGyverGTP

From what I have read, this is about the equivilent to having 403rwhp on a Dynojet, but not sure if that is accurate. Scottsdale Elevation is 1500' MSL & it was about 105* out today.

I am pretty disappointed... And I had to wait 3 months for it.

How do you know the A/F ratio is off? The guys who did the dyno said this looks a little on the safe side, but I would get little power for a lot of risk if I went any leaner. Mind you, this is the canned tune the Kenne Bell came with & I do trust that it is in their best interest to be conservative.

Should I do something? take it to a dynojet & see what it does? wait till winter? drive over to California & see how she acts? Just unsure where to go & what to do.

Would love to find someone out here who is running a KB & compare. With the stock 18" rims & wheels, I can't even break them loose in 2nd gear & just barely in first.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Sean

Again I would ask if your car is an auto or manual? I would assume an auto.......cuz with your power output a manual would have no problems squealing thru 1st, 2nd, and chirpin the tires pretty good in 3rd. If it's an auto, and its running on the canned KB tune, maybe you're close to where you're supposed to be. I'm not too sure how the elevation and temps would figure numbers-wise into the equation. But either way, definitely look into getting a custom or aftermarket tune on that car......that KB has way more potential at 10psi than that. Just find someone.....a local shop or reputable tuner company that has a good bit of experience with the KB setups on the new mustang.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:12 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Yea, a Mustang dyno is going to read around 16% less than a Dynojet. So your guess is pretty accurate. Your A/F should be somewhere around 11.5 and yours at one point was 13 ( too lean ). Now, to me reading a Mustang dyno chart is about like reading a seismograph readout. I can't tell crap from it. So I don't really know where the max A/F readout was at. Maybe someone a little more knowledgeable with Mustang dyno graphs can chime in on that.

As far as taking it to a shop with a Dynojet. I personally wouldn't bother unless they were also tuning it. Your power is way down. To give you an idea, you are making less with 10psi than I did with 4. Now granted the weather conditions probably had something to do with that, but still you are way down. Just for giggles one day I threw a 10lb pulley on mine and made 480. And will probably put one back on in the future. But for the present until I get the cash to make a couple of changes I am going to stick with the 8lb pulley setup.

If you do drive over to California, take it to ST Motorsports in San Bernardino. Let Adam tune the car. You should see quite an improvement.
Old 06-21-2006, 09:25 AM
BigDave
3rd Gear Member

I have not been on a dyno yet, but the only reason for me would be to verify the A/F ratio. I'm happy with the power (from my "seat of pants" dyno).
I think I remember the stoichiometric (most complete combustion=best gas mileage) ratio was 14:1, but for power it was 12:1. For alcohol, you go to 9 or 10:1. Having a rich ratio is also safer. But we all know that anyhow...

As far as traction, my car has a manual trans and the stock P-zeros. First gear has two possibilities when I'm on it:
- immediately smoke the tires till the shift light/rev limiter hits
- have good traction until the boost comes in, then severe wheel hop and shift light comes on

I'm using the stock KB tune, and I'm not even sure if it is loaded correctly.
Good luck with your car, but I would say that is an altitude/temp thing. I have a lot more power in the dark.

BTW, I have some BMR LCAs and relocation brackets that just came in. I'll see what they do, then get some fat BFGs when these tires are gone.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:50 AM
hwy1strat
2nd Gear Member

how with does it sound? does it have a loud whine, or does it take away from the exhaust tone?

Quick Reply: Dyno Results 06 Kenne Bell