Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many owners over age 50 keeping car totally stock?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 04:31 PM
stangdaddydc

Default RE: How many owners over age 50 keeping car totally stock?

59 soon, it's great to hear from the older guys. we need a club for the over 50 people. nothing against the younger people but they are living in another world now days. i love my 06 screaming yellow gt. hello to you over 50 guys. stang makes me feel young again.
Old 08-11-2006, 04:36 PM
outpost77
1st Gear Member

I will hit the big 50 in November. I just got my 05 GT (auto) and I haven't decided what I am going to do with it yet. I am leaning toward making performance mods sooner rather than later. The warranty is an issue with me, but so is my need to wake the neighbors as I take off for the gym at 6 am. .
Old 08-11-2006, 05:15 PM
Karalm

49 in three weeks. First Mustang since my Mustang II Mach One in 75' that was a piece of crap to repair. Left to ride in various Honda vehicles and passdowns from the wife/family.
Now my turn and I have come back home with an 06' black GT Premium Vert and factory polished 18's and am still stock w/ minor interior mods. This fricken machine is the best thing to to happen since sliced bread and canned beer!
Awesome power.......CAI, tune coming after warrently expires (old guys tend to be more conservitive when it comes to additional work after they blew the wad on the initial purchase and other family priorities......) but every day, a SMILE erupts when you want to leave the "herd of cows" in the dust or bust around slowpokes or idiots not knowing where their going while showing them you "****" as you leave them for some other smuck to run in to...........ahhhhhhhhhh the life!
Old 08-11-2006, 06:00 PM
GhostPony
2nd Gear Member

I am close to 50. I could care less about re-sale value. This is my car. I modify it the way I want it to be. If I sell it later someone may like what I have done to the car or they may not - I don't care. I like what I have done.
Yes, these cars stock are nice looking and somewhat nostalgic. That is just why I want to modify everything to go faster. I want to pull up next to that snobby dork in a Ferrari and leave him in a cloud of smoke and melted rubber.
When I was at the track, the track owners did a video interview with me about my Mustang GT. They took video of every run my ragtop was in on fun Ford Day. I didn't see them interviewing anyone in a stock Mustang (or any stock car there that day)
Stock is boring - and I don't want to have a Mustang that looks just like the other 180,000 Mustangs sold this year. I like to have some personality to my car. (Backed up by some power)
My 2006 mustang convertible runs low 12s as it is now. I really enjoy seeing the look on the face of that Corvette owner that just got his lunch handed to him by a lowly Mustang. When I get in the 11s soon that will be worth all the changes.
So not all us old farts want to be "stock" some of us like to "rock"

Old 08-11-2006, 07:11 PM
sst06vert
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GhostPony

I am close to 50. I could care less about re-sale value. This is my car. I modify it the way I want it to be. If I sell it later someone may like what I have done to the car or they may not - I don't care. I like what I have done.
Yes, these cars stock are nice looking and somewhat nostalgic. That is just why I want to modify everything to go faster. I want to pull up next to that snobby dork in a Ferrari and leave him in a cloud of smoke and melted rubber.
When I was at the track, the track owners did a video interview with me about my Mustang GT. They took video of every run my ragtop was in on fun Ford Day. I didn't see them interviewing anyone in a stock Mustang (or any stock car there that day)
Stock is boring - and I don't want to have a Mustang that looks just like the other 180,000 Mustangs sold this year. I like to have some personality to my car. (Backed up by some power)
My 2006 mustang convertible runs low 12s as it is now. I really enjoy seeing the look on the face of that Corvette owner that just got his lunch handed to him by a lowly Mustang. When I get in the 11s soon that will be worth all the changes.

Damn
Old 08-11-2006, 07:20 PM
FlaSVT

ORIGINAL: GhostPony

Well said. By the way, did you do the install on the KB or have it done? I keep going back and forth between wanting a SC and a turbo. I've done the SC thing in the past but never a turbo.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:25 PM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

Problem is that modding is freakin addictive!![8D]
Old 08-11-2006, 09:48 PM
Rt1Rebel
3rd Gear Member

I'm 44, and I'm no stranger to mods (with my '88 still in pocket.) I will wait awhile before I do anything with my '06, and when I do, it will likely be mild, probably just a CAI and a tuner. From what I understand, the exhaust is fairly optimized already, and if I could afford a SC or TC, I'd already have one on my '88.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:02 PM
XtacY
1st Gear Member

Ok I have to throw this in here. All you folks over 50 bought the Mustang because it brinngs you back to your youth and for some of you, you finally get that cool muscle car you always wanted when you were young.

But..

What did you guys buy for your kids? My dad is 44 and you know what I got when I was 17? (Yes, he didn't let me get my license until I was 17). He gave me his POS 1990 Chevy Lumina with 137k miles for $1000.

So to you folks over 50.. hopefully you remember that yearning feeling you had when going to college in your junk car and seeing all the cool kids with their cool muscle cars and you dont let your kids go through the same thing. Buy em a nice 06 v6 mustang, or even an older GT

Seriously though, and be honest here. What did you guys buy your kids?
Old 08-11-2006, 10:14 PM
CrazyDave50

ORIGINAL: XtacY

Ok I have to throw this in here. All you folks over 50 bought the Mustang because it brinngs you back to your youth and for some of you, you finally get that cool muscle car you always wanted when you were young.

But..

What did you guys buy for your kids? My dad is 44 and you know what I got when I was 17? (Yes, he didn't let me get my license until I was 17). He gave me his POS 1990 Chevy Lumina with 137k miles for $1000.

So to you folks over 50.. hopefully you remember that yearning feeling you had when going to college in your junk car and seeing all the cool kids with their cool muscle cars and you dont let your kids go through the same thing. Buy em a nice 06 v6 mustang, or even an older GT

Seriously though, and be honest here. What did you guys buy your kids?
Heh.. Well I'll be the first to admit, I bought my son a 92 Cavalier for 1300 when he turned 16 and he's lucky he got anything at all with the way his grades were. I tell ya, with the cost of insurance on kids these days its really tough to let them drive, let alone let them drive something nice. He wanted a celica but money doesn't grow on trees!

Quick Reply: How many owners over age 50 keeping car totally stock?