Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

for the 16 year olds

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 08:07 PM
backinblack06
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: for the 16 year olds

It seems to me as this thread goes on and on, the older self proclaimed "mature" crowd, doesn't like to see teens driving these cars at all. We don't deserve them, we're to young, we're dumb alcoholics. WTF guys, who really cares what you think. The point is many of us who are under the age of say 24 have these cars and that's the way it is. I know there are jacka$$' who give us all a bad wrap like someone already said, but this stereotyping **** is ridiculous. Who the hell cares what you think. My parents are all for me getting a Mustang GT. This thread went from you should pay for them yourself to teens don't deserve them at all. Not all of us want to drive POS beaters around while in high school. I know wouldn't want to and DIDN"T.

At the end of the day a Mustang is a CAR, not a relic, not a classic, not the sweetest car ever made and only people above the age of 25 should have them. There's alot of crappy drivers out there that are twice or three times my age. So the generalization that teens sucks in general is way false. Yea statistics show teens get in more accidents. I doubt every kid in those stats were driving mustangs. People will learn everything with time. If people want to learn how to drive on a Mustang than the more power to them. If your first car is a 4banger neon is that going to teach you how to handle the "power" and intensity of the great and all might Stang.........umm no, of course not.

So to all you "mature" adults out there bashing all of us young people, why don't YOU learn that we DESERVE this car just like all the rest of you. Everyone on this board shares the same love for their stang as you. Just because you were flat broke in college, or were made to drive a beater, congradulations we all have sob stories. Stop the hatin, apparently it's all of ya'll who haven't "matured" yet.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:10 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: backinblack06

It seems to me as this thread goes on and on, the older self proclaimed "mature" crowd, doesn't like to see teens driving these cars at all. We don't deserve them, we're to young, we're dumb alcoholics. WTF guys, who really cares what you think. The point is many of us who are under the age of say 24 have these cars and that's the way it is. I know there are jacka$$' who give us all a bad wrap like someone already said, but this stereotyping **** is ridiculous. Who the hell cares what you think. My parents are all for me getting a Mustang GT. This thread went from you should pay for them yourself to teens don't deserve them at all. Not all of us want to drive POS beaters around while in high school. I know wouldn't want to and DIDN"T.

At the end of the day a Mustang is a CAR, not a relic, not a classic, not the sweetest car ever made and only people above the age of 25 should have them. There's alot of crappy drivers out there that are twice or three times my age. So the generalization that teens sucks in general is way false. Yea statistics show teens get in more accidents. I doubt every kid in those stats were driving mustangs. People will learn everything with time. If people want to learn how to drive on a Mustang than the more power to them. If your first car is a 4banger neon is that going to teach you how to handle the "power" and intensity of the great and all might Stang.........umm no, of course not.

So to all you "mature" adults out there bashing all of us young people, why don't YOU learn that we DESERVE this car just like all the rest of you. Everyone on this board shares the same love for their stang as you. Just because you were flat broke in college, or were made to drive a beater, congradulations we all have sob stories. Stop the hatin, apparently it's all of ya'll who haven't "matured" yet.
+12483720389742314512345134
Old 08-28-2006, 08:12 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: DAVE06GT

This post is relevant to the one about that 15 year old wandering which car he should get.I wanted to say that I am 16 and a junior in high school, and yes drive and '06 gt.It's my second car, my first was a GTA Transam with Ws6 suspension and a fuel injected 350 with 40 series flowmasters, currently we are tring to sell it for reasons only known by my dad, but even though I am a lover of only mustangs now, the General did make some pretty nice cars.
But the point of this post is that I am just sick of people who gripe at 16 year olds driving new model mustangs.Yes I am very thankful my parents got it for me, and I pay for all the mods, and drive responsibly and I know I'm im not invicible just because i drive a fast car.Yes, I am well off, but what pisses me off is people coming up to me and saying, "You little rich .........(whathaveyou)My point is, I'm tired of people making people making all these assumptions and giving teens bum raps for driving new mustangs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Our point isn't (at least for me) that you have the car, rather the way you treat it and the way some of you act from the fact you have it. It's a stereotype and while it may be wrong, the majority of those in your position are just that. Little Bitches. It's a car, congrats on picking one with a heritage. If more of the people your age would be mature about it instead of posting videos of beating the crap out of the car or destroying it perhaps tehre wouldn't be the stereotype. Just my opinion.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:15 PM
BlackSpirit
2nd Gear Member

I have no issues in what teenagers drive, but I do have issues with teenagers being deprived a strong work ethic or the value of a dollar. I personally have little respect for the person who has everything handed to them rather than working for it their self. I worked for all my cars and home with out the help from anybody; this is why I treat my car like another one of my children. No matter if you’re a good kid, your parents are well off and want to provide all the crap they didn't have as children, the respect for self ownership will not be there unless you work for it yourself. I personally will never buy my children their car, they will work for one. I thank my parents today for installing a great work ethic in myself, and my parents are very well off, my father believed I had to endure the same challenges he did in order to gain the appreciation for hard work. Just my opinion, don't get butt hurt.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:21 PM
mikefan20
2nd Gear Member

For Backinblack:
I'm guessing that your post isn't directed at me, since I neither said that teens don't deserve mustangs, or drive beaters. I said that people, not just kids, that have things handed to them, don't have the same appreciation. I didn't drive a POS in High school. I drove a Jeep Grand Cherokee, but I worked to pay for it. Oh yeah also played Football, and ran track in the other two seasons, was class president, and graduated at the top of my class. I worked my tail off for everything I have, and still do. But there will always be stereotypes, and a reason that they exist. So get over it kid.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:24 PM
mikefan20
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BlackSpirit

I have no issues in what teenagers drive, but I do have issues with teenagers being deprived a strong work ethic or the value of a dollar. I personally have little respect for the person who has everything handed to them rather than working for it their self. I worked for all my cars and home with out the help from anybody; this is why I treat my car like another one of my children. No matter if you’re a good kid, your parents are well off and want to provide all the crap they didn't have as children, the respect for self ownership will not be there unless you work for it yourself. I personally will never buy my children their car, they will work for one. I thank my parents today for installing a great work ethic in myself, and my parents are very well off, my father believed I had to endure the same challenges he did in order to gain the appreciation for hard work. Just my opinion, don't get butt hurt.
+1 nicely said
Old 08-28-2006, 08:24 PM
backinblack06
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mikefan20

For Backinblack:
I'm guessing that your post isn't directed at me, since I neither said that teens don't deserve mustangs, or drive beaters. I said that people, not just kids, that have things handed to them, don't have the same appreciation. I didn't drive a POS in High school. I drove a Jeep Grand Cherokee, but I worked to pay for it. Oh yeah also played Football, and ran track in the other two seasons, was class president, and graduated at the top of my class. I worked my tail off for everything I have, and still do. But there will always be stereotypes, and a reason that they exist. So get over it kid.
I wasn't directing my post towards you. I like you work my a$$ off for everything I have so there's nothing for me to get over. I feel the same pain as you, I agree when you earn it yourself you feel better, but hey, If my parents were rich and i could get whatever I wanted, you can bet i wouldnt be working for a damn thing. Maybe that's ignorant or immature but so what, nothing anyone says here matters anymore, there's a fault somewhere in everyone's posts.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:38 PM
mikefan20
2nd Gear Member

When I was a teen, if my parents would have bought me a new stang, you bet your a** I would have taken it. This is more of looking back, I agree with how they did it, and will do the same with my kids. I didn't mean to group you with the kids that have their cars handed to them, I believe I read earlier, you saying that you pay for yours. The stereotype is that teens are dangerous drivers, and that's what I was saying sucks for the minority of teens who are mature. You just have to live with the stereotype for now (said a litter nicer this time), assuming you are the minority and not the one creating the problem...
Old 08-28-2006, 09:00 PM
BlackSpirit
2nd Gear Member

mikefan20, I know I am off topic here, but what do you fly? I worked on the A10's and come from a large Air Force family, and my father-in-law fly's experimentals, as well as my wifes uncle who does the Reno air races (Strega). I'm just a big aviation fan along w/ Mustangs. P.S. Thanks for the service!

Old 08-28-2006, 09:11 PM
mikefan20
2nd Gear Member

I fly C130-J's for RI ANG

Quick Reply: for the 16 year olds