Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking to get new speakers

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 01:07 AM
ucdgreek
1st Gear Member

Default Looking to get new speakers

Hello everyone..

i got an 06 V6 with the shaker 500 and im looking to replace my speakers. iver looked at crutchfield already but im not sure which i shpuld get. a lot of the reviews are from people with different cars so im not sure whos reviews to trust.

so im just wondering what kind of speakers people have bought to replace theirs and how they like them. price doesnt really matter to me cuz id rather get something that costs a little more and sounds good then something cheap that im gonna wanna replace again in a couple months. id like to preferably hear from people with the shaker 500 system. Thanks in advance for the help
Old 09-08-2006, 01:16 AM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Looking to get new speakers

Not sure how they are gonna sound because I just ordered them tonight ...

I installed a Pioneer head unit last week ... so I decided to order some matching Pioneer TS-A6871R speakers tonight to replace both the door and rear panel speakers. They had good reviews on the Crutchfield sight so I ordered them ... I'm sure anything will be better than the Ford paper speakers ...

Old 09-08-2006, 02:07 AM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

There are a lot of threads about this. Use the forum SEARCH function.

Pretty much any 5x8 will drop right into these cars. I am using the Inifinity Referance CF6812. I bought two pairs shipped to my door for $70 off of ebay. (Brand new speakers). The fit is perfect, and the sound is much better than stock.

The factory rear deck speakers are the main weakness on the Shaker 500 systems. Get some good aftermarket speakers and do a nice deadening job (Dynamat) and you're on your way to a VERY good system.

Old 09-08-2006, 12:03 PM
timothyrw
3rd Gear Member

How hard are the front speakers to replace? I hear the rear speakers' grills pop off but are their any web sites that give directions on how to remove the front speakers?

Old 09-08-2006, 10:13 PM
silverbullet06

I'm not sure if you can download it directly off the website or not, but if you buy your speakers from Crutchfield, they include a very good description and pictures of how to remove the door panels. It made all the difference for me, since some of the screws are hidden behind panels. If I remember corectly, it also had a good tip on the best way to remove the window switch plates.....they don't come out the way it looks like they would !

Another tip....you don't have to remove the door handle cable. It seems like it would be a pain to get it back in correctly. Once the door panel is off, just set iy down on a towel or blanket. There is plenty enough slack in the cable, and you can still get to the speakers easily.....
Old 09-08-2006, 10:57 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

There are directions on this site regarding taking the doors apart and getting to the speakers, etc.

There is a sticky on the main 2005, 06, and 07 page called "Tech documents". Go there for files from the actual Ford service manual.

Here is a link: https://mustangforums.com/m_1019059/tm.htm
Old 09-09-2006, 10:17 AM
redfireshaker06
4th Gear Member

Did you need a special harness, and how does it sound w/ the pioneer in there?
ORIGINAL: dmhines

I installed a Pioneer head unit last week ... so I decided to order some matching Pioneer TS-A6871R speakers tonight to replace both the door and rear panel speakers. They had good reviews on the Crutchfield sight so I ordered them ... I'm sure anything will be better than the Ford paper speakers ...

Old 09-09-2006, 11:15 AM
Meph
2nd Gear Member

In all honesty if you're going to put down the money for speakers go to best buy. NOT to buy them there. But they have a wall of speakers. Test them out. See which ones sound good to YOUR ears.

I HATE....HATE Pioneer speakers. They sound like **** to me. But to other people they put out golden sound waves laced with candy. I am an Infinity speakers kind of guy, those are the ones I prefer. Adjustable tweeters ftmfw.

Though until my stock speakers go bad I'm not changing them. I have a 4chan amp hooked up to them instead. The factory sp. are in reality quite nice, clean, and sound great when you give them the juice they want. I can jack the HU and there is almost no distortion from them! Quite nice.
Old 09-09-2006, 12:20 PM
RabidCharlie
1st Gear Member

These look exactly like the pioneer speakers I bought and installed into my doors and rear deck. They sound quite a bit better than the stock speakers and I got a great deal at Circuit City on them. Make sure you get the speaker wiring adapter, this allows you to just plug one end to the speaker terminals and the other end right into the stock speaker harness. Getting the door panels off was easy but putting them back on was a pain in the ***. Also, when installing the rear deck speakers, I was able to just pull off the covers and install right over the rear deck but you'll need a long torque driver to bolt it down. The rear glass will make that a pain. I had to use a mirror to make sure the screws were going in right.

ORIGINAL: dmhines

Old 09-09-2006, 12:24 PM
siggy14
2nd Gear Member

what are the stock speakers by the way? By the diagram looks like 5 1\2's with a tweeter on a special mounting plate.

Quick Reply: Looking to get new speakers