Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SERIOUS LEAKING/ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS WITH 05+ MUSTANGS

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 04:04 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

Default RE: SERIOUS LEAKING/ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS WITH 05+ MUSTANGS

ORIGINAL: Juntech

Is it confirmed that this fixes the problem? Because if it is, it's simply a matter of replacing the grommet with some kind of mesh. But the TSB calls for seam sealer around the grommet. That just dosen't make sense.
That would get plugged up quicker. You need to stop the crud from getting down into that area so you could clean it out easily.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:12 PM
J2L06GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Juntech

Is it confirmed that this fixes the problem? Because if it is, it's simply a matter of replacing the grommet with some kind of mesh. But the TSB calls for seam sealer around the grommet. That just dosen't make sense.
I think there is a lot of confusion on this leak issue.
There are two areas of leak problems,
#1When the drain grommet at the bottom of the cabin air inlet area gets plugged with leaves and the water comes in thru the vents.
#2 The TSB about the leak that is occuring on the
passenger side that allows water to get in the SJB
and causing the electrical problems that requires the
grommets that feed wires thru the firewall and hold the
cowl top clips to be recaulked.

Theproblem is figuring outwhich one you have
and hoping its not both.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:33 PM
vf96
2nd Gear Member

Hey there Guys & Gals.........Although i can't provide the link to the TSB re: The Water Leak Issue. I did all the steps myself. I used Seam Sealer. NO LEAKS!!
To do the windshield cowl you have to remove the wiper arms. Use a battery terminal puller. You have to invest a few bucks but it saves you Major Problems and Major Bucks!! My Stang is still under warranty but No Dealer having my Stang several times to try to fix the problem. It took me a total of about 8 hours to follow the TSB. BTW when you do the fender liner removal buy some extra push pins from the dealer prior to the wire grommet sealingin the wheel well. You will break a few. Have Fun!!
Old 08-18-2008, 04:40 PM
panzermk2
1st Gear Member

Well after 52 days at the dealership my hunk of crap still leaks. Nobody can fix it including Fords FSE. All the TSB have been done.

One cause was NO BODY SEALER put in the floor board seem.

My interior has been out so many times it does not fit correct any more and rattles on smooth roads.

Ford customer has given me nothing but run around and since I live in ILL I have to sue Ford myself becuase of the crappy Lemon laws here.

I recommend to anyone to stay the hell away from these hunks of junk and that they go by the new Challenger.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:53 PM
solaratomic
2nd Gear Member

Just bought a used 2005 w/ a dam water leak, have sealed seemingly everything and the SOB keeps leaking but only when being driven in the rain. How frustrating to buy a car that I've always wanted only to have to go to work on it immediately. Thanks Ford...you suck
Old 11-12-2008, 09:13 PM
doode
3rd Gear Member

I can't wait till Ford declares bankruptcy...

too bad the Feds will bail them out
Old 12-09-2008, 02:04 PM
rex7010
3rd Gear Member

I have a 06 GT with this same problem.. been to the dealership once.. going again this Friday.. I would do it myself ( check for the plugged up drains ) but it is wicked cold out where I live.. burrrr
Old 12-09-2008, 02:28 PM
fakesnake
2nd Gear Member

here it is http://www.stangnet.com/images/stori...s/07-14-06.pdf
Old 12-09-2008, 02:31 PM
shoeys08dkcandygt
4th Gear Member

hopefully this problem got corrected after the 2006 or 2007 model years. will check my 2008 later today. its been raining in nashville all day.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:05 PM
rex7010
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by fakesnake
Seeing that has got smoke coming off the top of my head.. ARRG..!!!!

I have taken my car in twice now.. first time they replaced the padding because they found mildew on the padding.. HELLO.. how do it get there if there is NO LEAK..?????

so I just took it back AGAIN THIS week.. I even told them.. the smell IS THERE.. keep it for a MONTH .. if you need it that long.. just fix my problem.. two days later I get a call.

" your car is done.. no problem found Sir. "

now I am majorly pi**ed off.. called the BIG GUYS at Ford.. they will fix this problem or I am going to sell the car.. this car only has 4,200 miles on it..!!!!!

(((( ALSO: if you guys with newer cars think you are safe.. well so did I .. but as time went by.. sure enough.. I also ended up with this problem..

we ALL need to call Ford on this.. as this is BS..!!!!! ))))

Quick Reply: SERIOUS LEAKING/ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS WITH 05+ MUSTANGS