Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some competition for the Stang

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 12:25 AM
BeeStang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Some competition for the Stang

Exactly... or is it the NEW 2012??? I'm thinking by then, yes, Ford would have stolen this design... (See Road & Track, last issue, including the 2009 make over).
ORIGINAL: dkano

What is it? Got any stats on it? Looks like the new Skyline from Nissan/Infinity
Old 10-12-2006, 01:00 AM
8URWS6
2nd Gear Member

Looks O.K, but it really resembles the G35. I agree though, I'm not really intrested in the foriegn market. I will say however that my next car is going to be either an H2 or the Cadillac CTS-V..... leaning more towards the Cadillac CTS-V. Too bad Lincoln and Ford has NOTHING to compete with it though... and they stopped making my car too....Lincoln TownCar, dang-it!
Old 10-12-2006, 01:03 AM
petepete
5th Gear Member

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/10/...uce-350z-gt-s/ also th enew 350z GTS is gonn abe faster. Just remember both these cars are 40k+ and with the 12k more than a gt they cost you can smoke them
Old 10-12-2006, 01:05 AM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Its A Stang Thang

I'm pretty sure thats not the Skyline, you know that the G35 in Japan or whatever, is known as the Skyline right?

I thought I heard that the Supra is making a rebirth in america, as a foreign muscle car, 400+ HP and TQ.
its called the gtr...it is the new skyline that they are bringing to the united states and it will rock a gt500's world in every way imaginable. Nissan has promised to set the production car lap record at nurburgring before they release it. its either going to have a 450+hp v8 or tt 6 with awd and a 7 speed. stay away guys, this is z06 competition easily.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:07 AM
petepete
5th Gear Member

i doubt it will be in z06 territory if thats true its going to be going at supercar price and they already said it will be around 70k
Old 10-12-2006, 01:11 AM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

yea which is about z06 price....make you think a bit? it is aimed to take the thrown from the z06. read up on it, it is extremely impressive.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:13 AM
petepete
5th Gear Member

in any case they are making the corvette blue ray or stingray or whatever they decided to call it which will be faster than the z06 alot so i dont think theyll be taking nay thrones anytime soon o_O
Old 10-12-2006, 01:22 AM
celenztah
2nd Gear Member

Speed, specs, power and price it has.... but Mustang competition? It hasn't the heritage or the heart.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:27 AM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

I highly doubt this car is Mustang competition.....too much of a state of the art techno-gizmo supercar, more like a 'Vette/911/Viper challenger. On another subject, I'm currently watching SpeedChannel and a show called Shooting Cars, it's about the dare-devil aspect of the entertainment industry, and they're using a new GT500 for a stunt in an upcoming Will Smith movie(didn't name the title). I don't know man, the more I see GT500s, I want one! I don't care about the #'s, the weight, the only suckie thing is, of course, the ridiculous gouging going on. Saw a stripe-delete white one on eBay(coupe)...that car looks very sleeper(reminds me of a LX 5.0L in plain white-not in looks, but in concept, doesn't shout "look at me"). I would take the rocker stripes off as well.....really like the "plain" look on a super high performance car.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:31 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05gtdriver

I highly doubt this car is Mustang competition.....too much of a state of the art techno-gizmo supercar, more like a 'Vette/911/Viper challenger. On another subject, I'm currently watching SpeedChannel and a show called Shooting Cars, it's about the dare-devil aspect of the entertainment industry, and they're using a new GT500 for a stunt in an upcoming Will Smith movie(didn't name the title). I don't know man, the more I see GT500s, I want one! I don't care about the #'s, the weight, the only suckie thing is, of course, the ridiculous gouging going on. Saw a stripe-delete white one on eBay(coupe)...that car looks very sleeper(reminds me of a LX 5.0L in plain white-not in looks, but in concept, doesn't shout "look at me"). I would take the rocker stripes off as well.....really like the "plain" look on a super high performance car.
I agree.. you wont see stripes on a Lambo or Ferrari any time soon (aside from their race cars). And Celentzah is right as well.

Quick Reply: Some competition for the Stang