Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MUST READ. leak problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 12:32 PM
adnlyn

Default RE: MUST READ. leak problem

subscribing
Old 02-27-2007, 10:31 PM
HypromanGT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Bruiser Stang

hey....
i just found a slightly damp carpet, and musty smelling area down in the panel on the passenger side. I saw that foam that was put over the computer bow...is that fords "fix"?
I do drive in heavy rains, and do not know what the extent of the leaks are just yet.
I have an '07 gt
Uh-oh....is it an early '07? I was under the impression that the '07s after a certain date were not having this problem. Sorry to hear you're having this issue as well

Please, please, please go vote here. As you will see in the poll, there's only been 1 person so far with any problems with the '07s after that "magic" date. Once again, I urge everyone to feel behind the passenger access panel in the padding after a rainy day/drive or car wash.

Good luck...you've got a long road ahead of you as far as getting this resolved...
Old 03-09-2007, 10:18 PM
mustanglissy

Update. After the 4th water leak the Engineers from Ford ( I insisted they take a look at it). Here is what they say needed replacing- Verbatim from Invoice
"Cause:11108 CK water leak c-s water running down pass kick panel found water leaking from hole for main wiring harness above junction box pass SI. 69000A Door and Window- wind noise/water leaks. Diagnosis-L
Water leaking from hole for main wiring harness above junction box pass side found where it was leaking from by taking out carpet and taking off right front fender. upon further investigation found water leaking from cowel pin seat had to install new right front cowel pin slots ced seats with clear silicone. reinstalled cowel and water tested again leak had stopped.after water test test drove vehicle and found another area where water was leaking from. found a lot of water running between door and rocker panel and was not draining out. had to order door weather stripping, window weather stripping new pass side cowel and cowel pins, hood padding,weather strip for pass mirror new door panel moisture pad and retainers for pass and driver door installed all new parts and water tested agin no leaks and also road tested. found no leaks after road test. reinstalled all panels carpet and seats. vehicle would only leak if vehicle was moving and when applying brakes. pulled pass door panel off and ck how water was running in behind door panel and to see what else was happening.
Hope this is helpful!!! Keep your fingers crossed!!
Old 03-13-2007, 02:18 AM
Vicstang

Does anybody know if Ford has issued the water leak TSB yet?
Old 03-13-2007, 11:41 AM
kcstangin

Still waiting!
Old 03-13-2007, 12:18 PM
Feng Houzi
3rd Gear Member

Just a warning to everyone... All this "testing" could equate to accidents and the like... I have and 05 GT, manufactured June of 05, I took it for a test drive in torrential rain the other day... I went on the freeway, through residential areas, hit puddles 6 inches deep doing 25+ mph. I even parked it facing uphill fora few hours, no leak. Im still not convinced that I don't have a leak, but i am hoping I am one of the lucky ones (my 06 v6 didnt leak either) Anyways, looking back, i was getting a little crazy on wet roads looking for a problem that may not exist... Just wanted to say be careful whilst testing this problem... id hate to read about someone testing their car on a rainy day and smashing into a light pole or another vehicle... a wet stang is better than a 28k dollar paper weight...
Old 03-13-2007, 12:36 PM
Jays Mustang
3rd Gear Member

No leaks on my 07. And I've been in downpours. They must have done a fix for the 07 year.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:47 PM
mail906
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustanglissy

Update. After the 4th water leak the Engineers from Ford ( I insisted they take a look at it). Here is what they say needed replacing- Verbatim from Invoice
"Cause:11108 CK water leak c-s water running down pass kick panel found water leaking from hole for main wiring harness above junction box pass SI. 69000A Door and Window- wind noise/water leaks. Diagnosis-L
Water leaking from hole for main wiring harness above junction box pass side found where it was leaking from by taking out carpet and taking off right front fender. upon further investigation found water leaking from cowel pin seat had to install new right front cowel pin slots ced seats with clear silicone. reinstalled cowel and water tested again leak had stopped.after water test test drove vehicle and found another area where water was leaking from. found a lot of water running between door and rocker panel and was not draining out. had to order door weather stripping, window weather stripping new pass side cowel and cowel pins, hood padding,weather strip for pass mirror new door panel moisture pad and retainers for pass and driver door installed all new parts and water tested agin no leaks and also road tested. found no leaks after road test. reinstalled all panels carpet and seats. vehicle would only leak if vehicle was moving and when applying brakes. pulled pass door panel off and ck how water was running in behind door panel and to see what else was happening.
Hope this is helpful!!! Keep your fingers crossed!!
To think or expect a new vehicle to require all of this work simply to make it watertight isTOTAL B/S. .

I think it also speaks to Ford's delay in putting out a TSB on this. We have now heard time and again that the comprehensive way to fix the problem begins with taking the right front fender off the vehicle (hood first of course). I guessing that all-in, the fix must take 6 to 8 labor hours minimum. That's costly and it is no wonder why Ford has and continues to remain in a state of denial about this.

And oh yeah. Who here believes anyFord dealer can take thehood and right front fender off of your vehicle - fix whatever -and then reassemble the vehicle back to factory condition with no scratches or shortcuts taken? Who believes that? Any of theFord employees / engineers?What a joke.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:08 PM
adnlyn

subscribing again
Old 03-13-2007, 05:20 PM
mustanglissy

No new leaks as of yet. My suggestion, if you have had this fixed numeroustimeslike I have and is still under warranty, is to call Ford and make a complaint. They have kissed my **** since I called them.They had the engineers from the Mustang Plant troubleshoot and it was fixed within a week.I know it is small butthey are reimbursing me one months car payment for my 'troubles'.It's going to rain this week. Wish me luck.

Quick Reply: MUST READ. leak problem