Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who Would Win, this car might race you in the future........

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 08:52 PM
2006RedGT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Who Would Win, this car might race you in the future........

100 horsepower per liter NA=460
I have driven a 4.96 liter BMW M5 with 400 horsepower and the engine is great, but the cost to build an engine like that very very high. Not to say the M5 isn't a good car (the 01-04) because i would probably rate it as one of the best cars ever made.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:54 PM
kenthicken
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Haze28

ORIGINAL: slow07
Everything that I have read has indicated that both the Challenger and Camaro will be around $30k.
There is no way the sticker price will even be that low, I have a friend that works at a Dodge dealership and he says that the talk around his work is that the Challenger will be marked up worse than the GT500!!! Maybe even as high as $100k. Only the rich will be able to afford to buy that.

The Challenger will be marked WAY up when it first comes out no doubt -- but OVER TRIPLE the rumored sticker price? Don't think so. $20K - $30K markup for the fools who don't want to wait a few months to buy one? Sure. Like the 'Stang, they will get marked up like crazy at first, but then the price will drop soon enough.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:56 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

2009 gt mustang will be 350hp steve saleen just said so on car crazy
Old 10-24-2006, 09:11 PM
slow07
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: myredgt

slow07
It was originally designed to compete with the Mustang.
Says who, you?

The only reason that it is not a fair comparison is because Ford won't step up to the challenge! That is why our new Mustangs have similiar performance to 5-9 year old Camaros.
Those 5 - 9 year old camaros cost around $35,000. ADD inflamation, it is close to, if not over $40,000. Our cars are generally between 25-30,000. I got mine, with 21 mile son it, for $24,983 after tax. Let's see if you can stop grasping for straws here...

I hate to say it, but if Ford doesn't up the power of the Mustang soon, they (stock of course) are going to get destroyed by the new 425hp Challenger and the 400-450hp Camaro.
I can't speak for the new camaro, and niether can you, beacuse it isn't even made yet. All you are spewing is rumors. I will speak on the 425hp charger. I have raced one, it was almost dead even up til about 70mph, then he slowly inched. We stopped about 80. That car with the extra 125 hp really isnt worth the extra $20,000 over my car for performance if you ask me. let's see, Motortrend, who I trust more than you, says the difference in 0 - 60 is only .1 seconds, and that's with veteran pro drivers. Yep, I bet they are glad they spent that extra 20 grand, yes?

Everything that I have read has indicated that both the Challenger and Camaro will be around $30k.
You mean the rumors you have read?!? HA!!!

I don't know about yours, but my GT coupe stickered for $29k.
$24,983 out the door, taxes and all. 2006 GT, 0 -60 in 5.1. (Tested by Motortrend at least)

They are a direct comparison with the exception of the (comparibly) weak and small engine. You want proof??? Just wait until they come out, and every car magazine on the shelf will have a comparison.
Of course. Tell us something we don't know. In the end, they always say the same, you can't beat the Ford Mustang for the money. Go blow the extra 10 to 20 grand on mods, then say goodbye to the competition.

You know, you really said nothing new, you just put it in a "woe is me" paragraph. Your post should have looked like this:

"ROXORS CamAro will beat STANGZ. fAST 400!! WOW!! Horsepower will beat my car LOLOOL!!!!!"

- c

ps. post whatever else you like, you are not worth responding to. Thank you for your undivided attention. [8D]

Just to clear things up, I am not bashing Mustangs. I like them. Otherwise I would not have just bought one. It is true that no one knows for sure how the performance will compare until they are actually produced. However, based off the numbers, the GT won't be picked to win a drag race (which is what I was focusing on). Everything about the entire topic is hypethetical, so the numbers are all that we have to base anything on. Now, I'm going to cover each topic that myredgt ranted about:

1) "When Ford introduced the Mustang in 1964 there was no immediate reaction from General Motors, but by August of '64, just four months after the Mustang's introduction, GM realized the appeal of a four seat sports car....When the Mustang sold 100,000 units in the first six months, and almost half a million the first year, GM took an interest. The responsibility for GM's Mustang fighter was given to the GM Design Center's Chevrolet Studio "
http://www.holisticpage.com/camaro/story/history.htm

"Chevrolet's Camaro (and its sister "F-car," the Pontiac Firebird) was hardly an original notion — it was a blatant GM rip-off of the Ford Mustang. But just because it's stolen doesn't mean it's a bad idea."
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...rticleId=66170

2) "The regular Z/28 comes with a ridiculously high level of performance hardware for it's base price of $22,295" Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords (August 2002)

3) I covered this above. It's purely based off numbers. I was not even talking about Chargers. They are big heavy 4 door cars. If the Charger beat you, then the Challenger (stock for stock) should win unless Ford adds power to the GT, or shed some weight, between now and then.

4) Of course they are rumors. Who knows when actuall prices will be released. It is all speculation.

"Chrysler assures us that the production car will be practically indistinguishable from the concept. We have been told to expect a price of about $31,000. "
http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/challenger.html

"Insiders say that a $20,000 base model production car could use an inexpensive V-8 (the LS2 would come in a costlier model), so a V-6 version would be offered only to make the car easier to insure."
http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_sh...amaro_concept/

5) How much you got off the sticker price is not relevant. I did not pay $29k, but that is MSRP which is what they are estimating.

6) Yeah, Mustangs are great performers for the price. The whole topic is comparing stock cars. Talking about buying a less expensive car then modding it to out perform the other... Somebody could buy and mod a 5.0 foxbody to outperform them for way less money, but that is not the discussion.

Haze28, I was in no way claiming that either could be bought for MSRP. I'm sure that they will both be marked up, at least for a while.

(BTW the sites listed are not spam. They are just the resources of information to prove that I was not making stuff up)
Old 10-24-2006, 10:45 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Let it race the Roush or Saleen. Anyway I don't give a ****.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:04 PM
myredgt
3rd Gear Member

Ok, I usually don't come back because my post explains it all, but slow07 did spend almost three hours trying to find info to back what he said up.

Unfortunately he didn't actually read what he posted. All the "facts", are just hearsay. I mean, read the damn links. It's just what people "think", or have "heard". An example is the one where "Chrysler", so said the Challenger would be around 30 grand. If you actually read a little into the article, it "then" starts to go into higher levels of the car, including the SRT-8. I mean, even in your link, it says they aren't even sure if they are going just with a set of Hemi engines, or drop a v6 in a model as well. If they haven't even figured out what engines, how in the hell could that link, not an official Chrysler site I might add, know how much it will cost? Some guy "heard" it? Jesus. That link makes it appear the v6 or low end model will be 30 grand if you read it.

Judging by the links you posted, it appears you googled around for each point I slapped you in the face with until you found some "if", "heard", "maybe", "my uncles, cousins, billy goat told me". Then you get on a mustang forum and expect the blind sheep who have not used goodle or searched sites to believe your mockery of their intelligence. I mean, who are you? Do you own Chrysler, or GM, or work in their secret "Lair of information of DooM"?

As I said befoere, and I'll say again, and I can't belive I have to slap you around again, but you sir, have said two things with your ridiculous posts. I shall list them so you can understand:

1) 5% crap we already know

2) 95% bull****

One more time, for anyone who doesn't believe me, go look at his links, read the articles and see just the opinions of the writer. Hell, some of them are old, like one on the 2009 Camaro, from 2003! Jesus.

I don't know what else to say really. People like you, coming on here spouting out rumors, thoughts, and random crap, don't really belong here. I will dub thee: Rumor Spewer. Maybe you should lurk until you come with peace the actual truthful information available, yes?

No hard feelings, just stop justifying all this random crap in your head, just so you can voice your opinion on stuff you don't know. Just cause Joe Blow thinks the camaro will have 6000hp and 0 - 60 in 1 second, doesn't make it so, especially if it isn't made yet and you saw it just on a web site. Wait for the tires to hit the street, then you can back everything up with proof, not some shananagins.

Have a pleasant evening all, and enjoy your Mustangs. Someone will always have more money, and always be faster.

- C
Old 10-24-2006, 11:06 PM
myredgt
3rd Gear Member

Well, it gave an error and posted twice. That must mean the Camaro will now have 10,000 hp, let me google and find a site to back that up...

- C [8D]
Old 10-24-2006, 11:29 PM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

what i'm thinkin is the v6 is gonna be the 3.5L with 265hp, the v8 will become the 5.0 which will be 390 hp n/a and the year the new camaro comes out they will have in production the GT500 KR or a special edition GT500....Ford is allready in the game and is obvoiusly planning for something drastic. what would probably be in their best intrest and what they will most likely do is blow ford out of the water with their mustang line the same year the new camaros come out.
-Mike
p.s.-New york times front page-Ford reports $5.8 billion in losses in the 3rd quarter
Old 10-24-2006, 11:39 PM
undefeated
4th Gear Member

The New Camaro vs the 2008 boss 302 would be a better comparison.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:05 AM
Sherwood06GT
4th Gear Member

HOLY CRAP BATMAN, ABOLUTELY OWNED!!! [sm=owned.gif]

ORIGINAL: myredgt

Ok, I usually don't come back because my post explains it all, but slow07 did spend almost three hours trying to find info to back what he said up.

Unfortunately he didn't actually read what he posted. All the "facts", are just hearsay. I mean, read the damn links. It's just what people "think", or have "heard". An example is the one where "Chrysler", so said the Challenger would be around 30 grand. If you actually read a little into the article, it "then" starts to go into higher levels of the car, including the SRT-8. I mean, even in your link, it says they aren't even sure if they are going just with a set of Hemi engines, or drop a v6 in a model as well. If they haven't even figured out what engines, how in the hell could that link, not an official Chrysler site I might add, know how much it will cost? Some guy "heard" it? Jesus. That link makes it appear the v6 or low end model will be 30 grand if you read it.

Judging by the links you posted, it appears you googled around for each point I slapped you in the face with until you found some "if", "heard", "maybe", "my uncles, cousins, billy goat told me". Then you get on a mustang forum and expect the blind sheep who have not used goodle or searched sites to believe your mockery of their intelligence. I mean, who are you? Do you own Chrysler, or GM, or work in their secret "Lair of information of DooM"?

As I said befoere, and I'll say again, and I can't belive I have to slap you around again, but you sir, have said two things with your ridiculous posts. I shall list them so you can understand:

1) 5% crap we already know

2) 95% bull****

One more time, for anyone who doesn't believe me, go look at his links, read the articles and see just the opinions of the writer. Hell, some of them are old, like one on the 2009 Camaro, from 2003! Jesus.

I don't know what else to say really. People like you, coming on here spouting out rumors, thoughts, and random crap, don't really belong here. I will dub thee: Rumor Spewer. Maybe you should lurk until you come with peace the actual truthful information available, yes?

No hard feelings, just stop justifying all this random crap in your head, just so you can voice your opinion on stuff you don't know. Just cause Joe Blow thinks the camaro will have 6000hp and 0 - 60 in 1 second, doesn't make it so, especially if it isn't made yet and you saw it just on a web site. Wait for the tires to hit the street, then you can back everything up with proof, not some shananagins.

Have a pleasant evening all, and enjoy your Mustangs. Someone will always have more money, and always be faster.

- C

Quick Reply: Who Would Win, this car might race you in the future........