Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Front Suspension Thunking Noise

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 01:26 AM
HypromanGT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: 2007 Front Suspension Thunking Noise

ORIGINAL: Jays Mustang

Thanks Casper, That sounds like an honest Service Manager. I agree about suspension design, I'm from the old days and front frames were a lot stronger back then. I wonder if they make them like crap now for crumpling up in front end collisions. Whatever the reason, it sucks. Your thoughts are correct too. We probably need more than one part to correct our problem. Now I got more to think about.
Personally I think they make them like this so people will go out and buy a new car every 3-4 years. It seems like these days cars are disposable. In this case, I guess they are degrading a bit too quickly [:@]
Old 03-30-2007, 10:57 AM
northy_polk
3rd Gear Member

i figured it out: it's the FLUX CAPACITOR [sm=smiley34.gif]
Old 03-30-2007, 01:29 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

Wow.this thread is long.....

I will have to read it now....I just had New springs (BMR) and shocks (Tokico's) installed

NOW..i have the THE noise from the front passenger strut are...

NEVER had it before i changed it out... UHG...is it safe to drive?

Let me start reading this tread..[]
Old 03-30-2007, 02:02 PM
northy_polk
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: torch red

Wow.this thread is long.....

I will have to read it now....I just had New springs (BMR) and shocks (Tokico's) installed

NOW..i have the THE noise from the front passenger strut are...

NEVER had it before i changed it out... UHG...is it safe to drive?

Let me start reading this tread..[]
Correct me if I'm wrong Torch Red, but you're one of the people that has the tubular Kmember and pretty much everything else BMR makes, AND you have the A-Arm brace with torque limiters, which means . . . I have no idea what it all means. I think starting Monday we can realistically start looking for a TSB.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:00 PM
Jays Mustang
3rd Gear Member

Hey Guys, Sorry to hear another joined the group. I got in the G-Trac brace and made an appointment to have to installed Sat. morning. I do think it will help with support. It mounts to the inside control arm bolts. I think it was Embalmer on post 450 that said it helped on his car. Anyway give it a try with the bar brace and there won't be any flex there, that's for sure. Spoke to the Service Manager and she's gonna run it through Ford monday morning for a TSB. She did say sometimes it takes the first couple weeks ofthe quarters to have TSB's to come out.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:06 PM
Jays Mustang
3rd Gear Member

Hypro, if your thought is correct, then my car was degrading off the lot with 7.5 miles. Way, WAY to quick.
Old 03-30-2007, 04:48 PM
rls82959
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wolfey2k

Just a note you guys.
The second quarter we have all been waiting for begins in a couple of days.
Remember, I was told a couple months ago that the TSB will be out late March to mid April.
Let's see what happens.
Jay, you're driving me nuts now ;-D.

Wolfey2k
I had a long talk with the Service Manager @ my dealer this morning.
I wanted him to install the vert crossmember in my car.
Ford has advised my dealer to do nothing and wait for the TSB.
I have decided I am not sinking a penny into the front suspension. I will wait.
Old 03-30-2007, 04:49 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

YES..I have the K-member Brace w/toque limiters..(NOT the Tubular K-Member yet)....This will not solve the problem but it is a good upgrade and you will definitly have no issues getting it into gear under heavy load..i also have the BMR Strut tower brace...Again..this will do nothing..

I just found this problem this morning...In the front passanger side.....My guess is my guy might have not tightened one the end links and/or sway bar....i will check this weekend.. my car has 4200. Miles with no issues until i got all the suspension installed.....

It is NOT the shocks. My D-specs are brand new.....I have read 1/2 of this thread trying to gain knowledge of what the hell is going on... I drove it for 30 minutes and i was going nuts..i could not live with this..I never read this tread before becuase i didnt have a issue.. There are more Technical Forums that i am on..i will try to gain a answer there as well...

MUSTANG BLUES...[&:] My 4th Mustang My first BLUE with this car...
Old 03-30-2007, 05:04 PM
Jays Mustang
3rd Gear Member

Torch, You may be one of the lucky ones that had a loose swaybar nut. Since you just had work done, it could be. Way back when in the beginning of the thread, some said that solved there problem. I actually removed my swaybar and links from car and made no difference in thunking noise. It could also be, it was your time for noise even if you didn't do any mods. I was one that had the noise the minute off the dealers lot with 7.5 miles on the right side and the left kicked in at 1200 miles. One Shelby guy had it with 3.8 miles. It always starts on the right side for some reason so I think it might be your time. Hopefully I'm wrong and you can fix it with a tightening. Ya I didn't want to dump any money into the front end either but I thought that by strengthening the front end first, I'll be ready for a TSB if/when it arrives.
Old 03-30-2007, 08:14 PM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

NOTE! RLS went into his dealer today to pay to have them install the cross member. That was STOPPED by FORD as they said WAIT FOR THE TSB TO COME OUT!
CAN IT IT BE ANY FRIGGIN CLEARER THAT THE TSB "IS" COMING OUT????!!!!
PATIENCE!
WAIT!
QUIT SCREWING WITH YOUR SUSPENSIONS in an attempt to correct the THUNKING NOISE OR YOU WILL VOID ANY WARRANTY WORK COMING UP VIA THE TSB!
WAIT FOR THE TSB!
COMING TO A DEALER NEAR YOU!
BREAK!

Quick Reply: 2007 Front Suspension Thunking Noise