Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Front Suspension Thunking Noise

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 04:22 PM
Shadius

Default RE: 2007 Front Suspension Thunking Noise

ORIGINAL: northy_polk

shadius = #58. Welcome. . . if you really want to be welcomed to this illustrious group. Or maybe I should say "Sorry for your loss".
LOL yea. Too bad such a beautiful car has to feel so cheap @ss built when just cruising slow. Kinda embarrasing when your with friends showin off your car
Old 04-15-2007, 04:26 PM
Jays Mustang
3rd Gear Member

Hi Shadius, Make sure the service guy doesn't just pass off the "normal characteristic of car" routine like mine did at first. They know there's a problem and try to brush it off at first. Don't let them do this to you.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:33 PM
Shadius

Hi Jay,

Definately not!

I'm pretty tight with my service manager so i feel pretty good that he's gonna take care of me the right way. I definately want to get it documented that there is a problem before i go and get my Tokico d-specs installed so he doesn't say that the Tokico's are the cause of the problem.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:34 PM
Jays Mustang
3rd Gear Member

Your right about it feeling like a cheap ... car. Great looking car that feel/sounds like a 100,000 mileclunker.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:36 PM
Jays Mustang
3rd Gear Member

If your doing D-Specs you might want to wait until after the fix.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:39 PM
northy_polk
3rd Gear Member

great point. how do we do that? get "stickied" i mean??
Old 04-15-2007, 04:40 PM
Joes06Stang

Here is my last email with my dealer after fighting for the last 4 months....just an fyi

Joe,

Here is what I have been able to squeeze out of the upper level engineers at Ford. What you Mustang is expieriencing is being classified as "strut clacking". Obviously, you hear the noise under certain low speed driving on bumpy surfaces. Up until now, Ford did not have a clear understanding of what was happening. It sounds like Ford working on a soulution to this problem. I believe Ford has a working solution, but they are testing it to make sure the problem gets fixed.

I believe they are going to adjust/revise the top of the strut and brace it better to eliminate the "clunking" sound.I have been told they are going to release the "Technical Service Bulletin" in the seconf quarter. This means they will oficially announce the reapir and I am confident this is what we will do to fix the problem. I have given my service rep your name and vin # on your 2006 Mustang and he knows yours is a priority. If you can hang in there a little longer, I am sure we can get this resolved.

Thanks you for your patience,

Gregg Pike
General Manager
North Coast Lincoln Mercury

Take it for what it is worth...This was sent to me on March 1, 2007
Old 04-15-2007, 04:47 PM
Jays Mustang
3rd Gear Member

Well, That's another piece of the puzzle. We are getting to hear that Ford is doing something, we all just wish it could happen soon. So Shadius, that's what I was leaning towards, why put in the D-Specs with the POS upper mount. Best wait for the "fix"and have a good upper mount to connected the D-Specs to.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:52 PM
Joes06Stang

By the way I have had this car in 4 times since October. mechanics, General Manager, and the Ford rep all admitted to hearing it on the railroad crossing next to the shop. Before I had recieved this e-mail the Ford rep who drove and heard the "clunking" said it was the nature of the beast!! THIS NOISE MAKES ME SICK!
Old 04-15-2007, 04:55 PM
micjoe

Jay:
You Said:
It started as an under 35mph on small bumps/imperfections in road and now it's at all speeds, all bumps with 5900. I see your a Ct. guy too. This state is loaded with crappy roads huh? So we don't have any trouble hearing it.

Mine happens all the time so i am wondering if its just the pads rubbing against the rotars. But you said at all speeds. I see alot of fightning with dealers here. For you guys when you are at the first dealership and they cannot fix it, do you go to another dealership or are you just waiting for a new TSB. This is my new primary vechile, and I am not driving with that noise. They say its not a safety issue, i am just waiting for the first report of an accident.

When I back up to move my car i hear it. Its a very loud noise I only have hadmy car for like a month and a half. <. I am wondering if I have a separate issue. It kind of sounds like grinding noise near the rotars like something is hitting them. Ironically this happened recently, I left yesterday to get an oil change froma ford dealer I noticed a whistling noise when i moved the wheel to the right. After the oil change same type of whistling cabin noise. When i left a few hours later it became a strong noise even when backing out at low speeds. On perfect roads the noise happens as well. At any speeds this noise will be present.

Its sad when your driving down the road the mustang is suppose to turn heads of its looks and name. Not turn heads because of the bad clunking sound like you are driving an old car.

Quick Reply: 2007 Front Suspension Thunking Noise