Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Everyone please VOTE!!!! All mustang owners HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 06:06 PM
cam2904
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Everyone please VOTE!!!! All mustang owners HERE!

06 v6 5spd no problems yet. 24,484 and counting
Old 01-07-2007, 08:57 PM
Stone
2nd Gear Member

I have modded mine but not to heavy I have not had any problems that did not come from the factory floor and were all covered by TSB there were about 6 issues but it was made very early on so I got all the new car bugs.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:27 PM
Juntech
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cam2904

06 v6 5spd no problems yet. 24,484 and counting
awsome

:rock on:
Old 01-07-2007, 09:33 PM
bascho
3rd Gear Member

I now have 10,000 miles on mine. Only been to the dealer for two issues; 1) the shifter gater dust boot came out of it's track and 2) rear speaker blown. I've been extremely happy with my stang and would make the same purchase all over again.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:30 AM
Juntech
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bascho

I now have 10,000 miles on mine. Only been to the dealer for two issues; 1) the shifter gater dust boot came out of it's track and 2) rear speaker blown. I've been extremely happy with my stang and would make the same purchase all over again.
I guess your car isnt one of the notorious leaking mustangs? How did that go with the Vins? Did you collect adequate data?

*EVERYONE* if you havent voted please help out. And the "Do not have a mustang" category is for me otherwise i can't see the poll.
Old 01-09-2007, 05:48 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

I'll try to list all the problems, but I'm sure it's impossible to remember them all! GT was made in March of 2005
1. front suspension popping noise - fixed
2. gas tank not filling up normally- debating having them replace the tank
3. rattle somewhere in real seat - fixed
4. Rattle in rear suspension when going over sharp bumps - fixed but came back
5. Leaks from cap of brake fluid master reservoir - fixed, but only by reducing level of fluid
6. whirring sound when off the gas, needed new rear gear and pinion - fixed
7. Trunk latch sticks - went away on its own
8. side stripe started to peel in the letters - had to remove
9. Check engine light came on - replaced injector - lasted ONE DAY!
10. Check engine light comes back on - Ford jugheads can't diagnose problem for 3 weeks - replaced engine (only 3500 miles!)
11. Oh, Shaker 500 won't play homemade CDs!
12. Dash rattles, but not always, depends on temp or humidity. Same with a rattle in Drivers side A-pillar
13. Wheel weights are on outside of the rim! Is that normal? Shouldn't be, right?
14, 15, 16- Stay tuned!
Old 01-09-2007, 06:11 AM
Arwing
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Orion_240
11. Oh, Shaker 500 won't play homemade CDs!
hmmm, Mine plays them fantastically, Maybe try a different brand?

Anyways, I've got a tad over 8,000 miles on my GT and the only problem I have is a few squeaks and rattles. But I'm just to lazy to take it to the dealership.

Also, a few problems with the fuel tank. If I take a turn at a pretty fast speed, the fuel gauge gets all whacked out and ends up showing like 5 miles till empty, when I have a full tank. And two times out of the hundreds of times I've filled up. The infamous gas pump problem has happened where it stops filling up the tank.

But other than that its been absolutely spectacular!
Old 01-09-2007, 01:10 PM
2oo5stang
3rd Gear Member

-Passenger side Headlight had condensation
-#6 coil went bad
-Ebrake replaced(scratched center console here and there)
-Now after a heavy rain, my passenger parking lights and brake lights will stay on, water on passenger side inside the car, now radio acts weird by cutting on and off, now fog lights going off and on. Will go in tomorrow to get fixed.
i've had this car now for 3 months, 2005 GT with 13000 miles. should have kept my other stang.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:28 PM
saltzy
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2oo5stang

-Passenger side Headlight had condensation
-#6 coil went bad
-Ebrake replaced(scratched center console here and there)
-Now after a heavy rain, my passenger parking lights and brake lights will stay on, water on passenger side inside the car, now radio acts weird by cutting on and off, now fog lights going off and on. Will go in tomorrow to get fixed.
i've had this car now for 3 months, 2005 GT with 13000 miles. should have kept my other stang.
Just for reference, on my '01 Expedition after a 2 botched windshield replacements, water was getting into the truck and soaking the GEM Module which controls the lights, fan, radio, etc. So when I see that your car is taking on water and the electronics are going wonky, it doesn't surprise me. Have them fix the leak, then find what was getting soaked and have them totally replace it and anything surrounding it that was metal and got wet. In some places, the rust/damage might not appear right away and by the time it does, you're either out of warrantly or they blame it on something else.

Old 01-09-2007, 05:34 PM
4.6man

I have had these problems fixed by the dealer so far---bad battery--awful rattle in the dash--ring and pinion replaced for noise. 05-GT. Problems not fixed yet---ticking noise--sounds like a lifter to me--steering wheel vibration--maybe tires need re balanced--brakes-front end don't feel right either.My wifes 06 Pony package has the hesitation issue--windows fog up-maybe water leak--both have exhaust rattles and more rattles than I can keep up with. Yeah I know it is supposed to be a sports car-but with about 4,000 miles on each one this is not good. My '97 f-150 4wheel drive has no rattles and better ride. I have always been a Ford man, but if I could do it over again I would not buy the two new mustangs--the quality is not good enough--I know Ford can do better.!!!

Quick Reply: Everyone please VOTE!!!! All mustang owners HERE!