Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ebrake shoes, Parts on backorder, expected in over a week or more

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 03:04 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

Default Ebrake shoes, Parts on backorder, expected in over a week or more

yea i kno theres other threads on here but i dont have much time and i dont know where the search button is, yea my ebrake was stuck from this morning till now and now it just peels but doesnt go anywhere, i called roadside and im the 59 min wait i hope they fix it properly on the first time, has it happened to anyone more than once? or who else did it happen to today? i kno it was really cold on the eastern side, so i bet i wasnt the only one

UPDATED: 1/29/07

My car sat in the dealer from friday till today when they called me to give me worse news. The parts they need wont be in anytime soon ! WTH! FORD COMPANY IS GONNA HEAR A COMPLAINT FROM ME! and for all those other mustangs who had the same issue that week, we all have to wait over a week or more, the service person told me it could be a week, or alot more! A freaken new car and once i park it in my driveway, it will be undriveable, until when they parts becomre available and im able to have my car bedded back to the dealer to install them. this is horse****!!!!
Old 01-26-2007, 04:04 PM
ohfiveride
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: haha ebrake stuck

it is very cold here in jersey and the last couple of days my ebrake either gets stuck or feels like there is about 3 inches of play before moving any cable..i dont like it and im afraid to break it so i just have to be careful when cold
Old 01-26-2007, 04:39 PM
PennState
6th Gear Member

im scared now..my cars usually in the garage before i go anywhere..hope it doesnt get stuck when i got to work..
Old 01-26-2007, 04:43 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

it sucks and the ford dealer claims that they never heard of that issue, such bs. seeing that they have the largest variety of mustang siting on their lot, i believe all of their ebrakes are frozen and ford hasnt fixed the problem the guy said they'll look at it later, tomorrow or monday by then the ebrake will be lose
Old 01-26-2007, 05:18 PM
chrismakk69
1st Gear Member

It happens to me whenever it's 30 degrees out. I'm in NYC and don't have a garage. I'm actually bringing it in for service next week to get it fixed. Can't have it sticking like that. For now I just leave the car in gear when it's cold out.

I'll keep you posted as to what happens when I bring it for service.
Old 01-26-2007, 05:23 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

yea thanks yea i wouldnt recommend driving around with it, the bed driver parked it far from the service area, so they better not drive it with the wheel lock or they are gonna have to replace that $120+ tire because all 4 are new, recently put them on for winter
Old 01-26-2007, 10:17 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

They have to replace both ebrake cables. Takes about 2-2.5 hours to do. Do a search to find the TSB on it! Its not going to hurt your tire or anything. The brake just wont release when stuck. That won't cause damage for the short amount of time that it takes to pull it into the service area.
Old 01-26-2007, 11:03 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

well u might be right but the wheel was locked shut, it doesnt spin period
only the left rear spins and slides, so thats what freaked me out, i just hope the tire doesnt have a bald spot. and hopefully they dont get lazy, hopefully they replace both
Old 01-26-2007, 11:03 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

oh one more thing, has it happened again? after someone has had it replaced?
Old 01-27-2007, 10:41 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

No never happened after I took it in. If the wheel doesn't turn at all then it might not be the brake line. I don't see how the brake could hold it that tight.

Quick Reply: Ebrake shoes, Parts on backorder, expected in over a week or more