Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water Leaks

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 11:07 PM
kcstangin

Default RE: Water Leaks

I have an 2006 Mustang Deluxe with the V6. I currently have 7K on it, bought the thing brand new. It has been in the shop for around 29 days for reoccuring water leaks. This has been a very disappointing experience. I wish they would do something as it has been a different seal, gromment, rain guard....BS each time.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:13 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

if it's going to be a sunny, sunday driver then yes
go ahead and buy one.

if it's going to be a daily driver, rain or shine, don't
buy it until the leak issue is resolved.
sorry , i have to be honest.

i love my stang and would buy it again, but i can't recommend
it....

ORIGINAL: vegasfish

I am considering buying a 2007 GT and see a lot of threads concerning water leaks.
This is turning me off in buying one. Is this a major concern and design flaw or is it only limited to a hand few of mustangs. The price is right but considerable headaches ahead?
Old 02-05-2007, 11:14 PM
pork
1st Gear Member

My car is fine today..... I don't drive it in the rain...
Old 02-05-2007, 11:31 PM
kcstangin

Has there been any word on an official TSB for this issue. I am waiting before I have to go through the Lemon Law procedures. Anyone know?
Old 02-05-2007, 11:31 PM
celenztah
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: pork

My car is fine today..... I don't drive it in the rain...
OK.... so you must be saying... "buy a kewl 'stang.. it'll be fine like mine if you don't drive it in the rain."

These are not $100K cars that we save to drive on sunny days only. Mustangs are cars and simply should at minimum stay dry inside when exposed to rainy days.

The leak is real. I can't say buy one or don't.... I love this car and was willing to go through the inconveniences involved in getting "the leak" fixed. BUT... I would not have bought it had I known it had "the leak".

I bought mine slightly used.... 993 miles on it. I wondered... "why would anyone get rid of it so fast????" Perhaps now I know.

I paid my dues in getting fixed (and another issue or two as well) and... after 9 months of ownership, can finally say that my car is "solid". But... how many new or even very slightly used cars offer this many problems to iron out before you can feel confident in the car's general integrity?

Yup... I love the car... I dig driving it.... I dig the looks I get from folks.... but I had to "work" for it when most folks would expect to get what they paid for off the lot........

Was that a dash of my sourpuss from the experience? Or was that a Mustang S197 lover's hard reality objective statement?

I love the car... wish it didn't take multiple dealership service visits to make it the car I thought I bought initially.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:14 AM
6xStang
3rd Gear Member

so....I think that is 3 leaky cars posted.....out of 160 views and thousands and thousands of members. The owners of the leaky cars are understandably disenchanted; I would be too.

It's a manufacturing defect. If you want a car that has none, I don;t know what to tell you. If you want a car that statistically will have fewer flaws, you'll need to buy a car made by a company not based inEuropewho's name ends in a vowel.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:08 AM
Rrruss
1st Gear Member

I have the leak issue as well... just been waiting the results of everyone elses problems.

I only have 4400 miles on it after 10 months, so getting it fixed isn't a major issue as it sits in the garage most of the time. As a matter of fact the only time I drove it in the rain was when I saw the leak.

So far I have had:

Scratched window glass on the passenger side
Cracked radiator connector causing coolant leak
Shaker 500 skipping issues
Fuel tank filling issues
Water leak on the passenger side when driving in the rain

I have to say that since the leaks all appear to be on the passenger side this has to be taken seriously
by Ford at some point.

I am just waiting for warmer weather to get the last 3 things on my list taken care of.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:45 PM
pork
1st Gear Member

In response tocelenztah's comment"OK.... so you must be saying... "buy a kewl 'stang.. it'll be fine like mine if you don't drive it in the rain."

Quote from 2nd post" This is a problem in a minority of cars. Remember that this is a discussion forum, and many people post to ask questions about problems. Very few post to say "my car is fine today."

I was being facetious, I quit being "kewl" years ago. I bought this car to enjoy on Sunny days & I don't drive it in the rain, or snow or other bad weather. It's tucked away in a heated garage for the balance of this nasty Ohio winter. Hopefully the care I give it today will be appreciated by the guy that owns it 25 years from now when it's a valuable classic...
Old 02-07-2007, 12:45 AM
BAMFstang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: pork

In response tocelenztah's comment"OK.... so you must be saying... "buy a kewl 'stang.. it'll be fine like mine if you don't drive it in the rain."

Quote from 2nd post" This is a problem in a minority of cars. Remember that this is a discussion forum, and many people post to ask questions about problems. Very few post to say "my car is fine today."

I was being facetious, I quit being "kewl" years ago. I bought this car to enjoy on Sunny days & I don't drive it in the rain, or snow or other bad weather. It's tucked away in a heated garage for the balance of this nasty Ohio winter. Hopefully the care I give it today will be appreciated by the guy that owns it 25 years from now when it's a valuable classic...
You mean you're going to let someone else own it 25 yrs from now?
Old 02-07-2007, 01:41 AM
wmtheflash
3rd Gear Member

I wouldn't get wrapped up in internet stories about leaking vehicles. Reading forums is a good way to learn about potential or common problems with vehicles, but that doesn't mean you will experience them. Most people won't.

I have had my '06 GT and for over a year it's been getting soaked all the time when I wash it, which is probably worse than rain, and I have never had a water leak.

All car manufacturers have trouble and some times you don't find out for years. Kind of like the lawsuit that was just settle recently over oil sludge/engine problems in Toyota cars made from 1998-2002 (although, some would say this problem went on passed '02).

Quick Reply: Water Leaks