Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another beautiful stang bites the dust!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 08:20 AM
CrazyHorse0217
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Another beautiful stang bites the dust!!!!

GET A LAWYER! Sounds like you have both been injured. Get your car fixed, drive it till you collect on each injury claim from his insurance (I promise they will settle), and go buy a new car with the wreckedtrade-in and your settlement cash.

Viola..........new car.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:29 AM
CrazyHorse0217
2nd Gear Member

At least this *** clownhas insurance. The two illegal aliens that rear ended my new Corvette 5 years ago didn't. I had to collect from my own uninsured motorist policy for the car and my injury. I basically sued myself.

And what did they get........a ticket. After knocking my new shiny car about 20 feet neither even said sorry, not in English or Spanish.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:45 AM
GrabberOrange07
2nd Gear Member

Glad you are ok. Sorry about the car. Hopefully it will be reborn again soon.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:40 AM
azstanglover
2nd Gear Member

Sorry to hear about your car. I hope the guy has good insurance.

Find yourself a good doctor. This guy that was stopped at a stop light in an F-150 thought his light had turned green and started to take off and t-boned me dead center on the passenger side of my Kia Optima while I was going through the intersection at about 45 or 50 mph. The damage was so bad that they could barely get my door open. They almost had to get the jaws of life to get me out. I could barely get out of bed for several months. I had an avulsion(sp) fracture and herniated disk in my lower back. The guy has some rinky dink insurance company that specializes in high risk drivers. To make matters worse he has the bare minimum insurance that Az law allows. So I will have to make a claim against my underinsured motorist coverage as well.

Hopefully your car will be as good as new when you get it back. Though I can certainly understand you wanting to get rid of it after the accident. I wouldn't really want it either. Hopefully you'll be able to get yourself something better after all is said and done.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:14 PM
okbfd
4th Gear Member

Again.....I'm glad ya'll are OK, but do not sign anything declaring that you feel fine. The insurance company will try to get that out of you. My best friends (twins) got rear ended by a one ton truck pulling a trailer full of tires going 75 intheir Tacoma and walked away from it. This was in Nov. of 2005. The lawsuit still hasn't come to trial. It will eventually, and the settlement will be good. Don't give up on the medical and suffering and don't hesitate to let you lawyer-insurance-doctor know about every little ache and pain. It will be worth it in the end. Good luck! Keep us posted.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:32 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

Thanks for all the awesome comments!!!! Its really cool that all of you recognize my passion for my car, my "baby"!!! It has come down to two ways this can go. If the guy's ins will not total it, my ins will. My husband is dead set that this car will never be back in our driveway and I totally support that decision. I know that body repairs have evolved so much and I do believe that a good job would be done. But, it will not change the fact that I would have a 6-month old car that has now been cut in half and will reflect so on the title whenever I go to trade it in for a new one (hint: the Boss ). The car should be seen by the appraiser today and hopefully I will know by the end of the week, if his ins will total it or if Ill be forced to put the claim on mine and total the car! We are already looking on the lot at new stangs so I hope all your well wishings will pay off for me.

BTW.......the pain and suffering is far from over......my poor husband broke a back tooth from the seat belt so it is far from over.

Thanks again all, stangers are the best by far!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-06-2007, 01:37 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

sorry about the stang and glad no one was injured
Old 03-06-2007, 02:03 PM
Sherwood06GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CrazyHorse0217

At least this *** clownhas insurance. The two illegal aliens that rear ended my new Corvette 5 years ago didn't. I had to collect from my own uninsured motorist policy for the car and my injury. I basically sued myself.

And what did they get........a ticket. After knocking my new shiny car about 20 feet neither even said sorry, not in English or Spanish.
When, OH WHEN will they wake up and throw these worthless lawbreakers out of OUR country!
Old 03-06-2007, 02:53 PM
gatkins94
2nd Gear Member

I hate that for you! I have many friends in the body shop business, and they all say the same thing. Make it so that any dealings with insurance companies are in your favor. GO TO THE DOCTOR about the pains that you and your Husband are having.....the insurance company will be MUCH more favorable to deal with you if they believe that they could have a medical claim added to it!!!!! It's sucks you have to be that way these days, but they are in business to make money, and they feel like they have all the power, until you do things that weaken their position!

ORIGINAL: StowesStang

05BlueGT WOW!!!! That is incredible!!!! I dont know, something about owning a car for 6-months and knowing that it has been cut in half to repair, it goes all over me. I wish I could be more optimistic like you were with your car, Im just weak like that []

Oh and there has beenhead aches;neck pain and even broken finger nails,and my husband even broke his back tooth from the seat belt pressure that slammed against his jaw!! Im telling ya, it was bad and the noise when he hit, it sounded like an explosion!!
Old 03-06-2007, 07:18 PM
vb101
1st Gear Member

I feel your pain. Although I wasn't rear ended I did get attacked by a rogue deer. That's what happened to me last year. Did over 3 grand of damage to my poor Stang. You can look at it this way. If you keep the car it'll be a good excuse to build it up to the max. That's what I'm doing with mine. Since my deer attack I have no more reason not to go bananas on it. Of course it's also not my daily driver anymore either. Ever since the deer attack I've taken to driving it only on weekends or during daylight hours. I now drive a truck to work. Lets see those deer try to attack me now!

Good luck whether you keep it or get a new one. There's nothing quite like having a nice looking Mustang, deer or bad drivers not withstanding.

Quick Reply: Another beautiful stang bites the dust!!!!