Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Uncomfortable Headrest

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 10:42 AM
Rippin n Tarrin
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Uncomfortable Headrest

My wife complained about the same thing.

I found a company that makes tilting headrest w/monitors in them, I don't know if they will make them without the monitors or not. They pivit back and forth to make a comfortable setting. They lock in place and then have to be pivited all the forward to reset angle. The quality is very good better than stock I think and match the stock look. The campany that made them Visual logic.

About $180 a pair with monitors
Old 03-27-2007, 10:46 AM
northy_polk
3rd Gear Member

That is less than I'm going to pay for mine, and you get the monitors! Sounds like a deal to me!
Old 03-27-2007, 10:46 AM
ZZLEGEND
3rd Gear Member

hey oakman. i thinkEinstien means that they are called head restraints, not head rest. but everyone always calls them head rest. they are really there to protect from rearend collisions and head snapping back, but some people like to rest their head on them when driving, which is ok. might as well be comfortable. restraints or rest, its not that big a deal what they are called i dont think.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:43 AM
oakman
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ZZLEGEND

hey oakman. i thinkEinstien means that they are called head restraints, not head rest. but everyone always calls them head rest. they are really there to protect from rearend collisions and head snapping back, but some people like to rest their head on them when driving, which is ok. might as well be comfortable. restraints or rest, its not that big a deal what they are called i dont think.
I think you are right there ZZ. When I first got my GT, I thought the head restraints just looked cool. I don't use head rests anyway. My wife commented on how uncomfortable they were. Two different points of view. I like Ford's design on the "head restraints".
Old 03-27-2007, 12:27 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

This is one reason I love this forum, you guys keep giving me reasons to go out in the garage and check out something on my Mustang.

When I first started driving it, the head (rests) restraints kept poking me in the head. Because of the sharply tilting forward shape it contacts my head on one small spot rather than over a wide flat area (no jokes about the shape of my head please). It seems to me that in case of a rear-ender this would tend to twist my head downward forcing my chin into my chest. Maybe this is all wrong but its how it appears to me. But possibly thats a good thing, I don't know.

I really don't use it as a place to rest my head and it only makes contact now and then when I'm driving so just say, I've gotten used to it. At first they looked strange jutting foreward like they do but then I've also gotten used to the way they look.
Old 03-27-2007, 03:14 PM
Racefiend
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Rippin n Tarrin

I found a company that makes tilting headrest w/monitors in them, I don't know if they will make them without the monitors or not. They pivit back and forth to make a comfortable setting. They lock in place and then have to be pivited all the forward to reset angle. The quality is very good better than stock I think and match the stock look. The campany that made them Visual logic.

In case anyone is looking for info on them, they are actually called vizualogic (www.vizualogic.com). Had to do a little searching for that one
Old 03-27-2007, 03:31 PM
05CLASSIC
2nd Gear Member

I'm another +1 on loving them. I can put my head back and cruse w/o looking like a low rider or a leaner. I don't know if size has anything to do with it[sm=smiley2.gif]but I'm 5'10" and fit perfectly!!
Old 03-27-2007, 03:41 PM
Rippin n Tarrin
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Racefiend

ORIGINAL: Rippin n Tarrin

In case anyone is looking for info on them, they are actually called vizualogic (www.vizualogic.com). Had to do a little searching for that one
Correct on there incorrect spelling.
Old 03-27-2007, 03:46 PM
Racefiend
2nd Gear Member

OK, so I called vizualogic, and got redirected to their sister company: Classic Automotive Interiors. You can check their website out here: http://www.mustangupholstery.com. Here you can see better pics of their headrests: http://www.mustangupholstery.com/lit...sell_sheet.pdf. They are shaped a little different than the stockers, and are 4 way tilt adjustable as well as height.

They're around $200 without monitors. They do not sell directly to the public, but they do have a list of dealers on their site. I have Sacramento Mustangs looking into them for the pricing and what not. I will be getting a pair of these and I'll let everyone know what I think.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:05 PM
john6974

Thanks for the info on this company. I was hoping they sold to the public but since they don't, I plan to contact them and talk to my local dealer to see if some sort of retro-fit can be done. Those certainly look a lot more comfortable than the stock equipment.

Quick Reply: Uncomfortable Headrest