Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vinyl Stripe Install - Need to vent

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 08:39 PM
jettaflavor
I ♥ Acer

Default Vinyl Stripe Install - Need to vent

Okay folks, I just need a crowd to vent to. (please no flamming or knockin' me down here. )

I'm a happy go lucky kinda guy. I can deal with the good, and the bad things in life - with a smile. No need to stress much in life when you've got your health and family, right?

Well - what happens when your find out that your body shop BOTCHED the Baltimore Street Mods stripe kit?

Lordy!

I got a phone call at 3:30 today, telling me that my car won't be available for pickup today. Turns out, the installer "wasn't happy with the way the stripes came out"

and therefore - he will be ordering a new kit from baltimore street mods (supposedly, at his expense) and asking for priority shipping.. so he can reinstall it asap.

Is this even for real?

So, I sit here at home, at 6:30 at night..cocktail in hand...knowing that my poor 6-month old mustang is garaged up with one-third of a stripe kit installed.. cause the other 2/3rds have been REMOVED due to installer error.

Should I be worried?

This is from Pat's Auto Care, in East Windsor, CT. Anyone have experience?

Heh heh (drunkenly) - watch me find out that I innocently dropped my car off at Connecticut's biggest chop shop.. heh heh (drunkenly)

(As a side note - this guy is supposedly "the guy" who does all the aftermarket installs for Ford dealers in the hartford area.. so, I assume his reputation is on the line!!)

In addition - the guy states the Baltimore Street Mod's vinyl kit was one of the highest quality and precision cut kits he's ever seen. Maybe the guy is so used to working with the "cheaper" brand kits, that he had a hard time working with this kit"...
Old 04-11-2007, 08:41 PM
05MustangSally
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Vinyl Stripe Install - Need to vent

I'd be pissed and sad! I can't stand being away from my baby too long

But I would have preferred that the man check with me first to see if I like the way the stripes were before he decides to change them.

Good luck and share updates!
Old 04-11-2007, 08:43 PM
Britinastang
2nd Gear Member

I would be happy strangely enough....if the installer is coscientious enough to redo the work and at his own expense then that should mean you get a good result. Yeah so the wait is a pain in the ***, but I'm sure it will be worth it. Now he f's it up a second time get your stang the hell out of there! Good luck!
Old 04-11-2007, 08:50 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Believe me, if he wasn't happy then you wouldn't be happy. I can only imagine what happened. Crooked? Dirt under the stripes? Large bubbles? there are any number of things that could go wrong. It's best to find someone that specializes in vinyl graphic.

This is why I did mine myself.

ORIGINAL: 05MustangSally

I'd be pissed and sad! I can't stand being away from my baby too long

But I would have preferred that the man check with me first to see if I like the way the stripes were before he decides to change them.

Good luck and share updates!
Old 04-11-2007, 08:52 PM
tedBalog
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Britinastang

I would be happy strangely enough....if the installer is coscientious enough to redo the work and at his own expense then that should mean you get a good result. Yeah so the wait is a pain in the ***, but I'm sure it will be worth it. Now he f's it up a second time get your stang the hell out of there! Good luck!
At least he isn't playing it off and trying to charge you for a ****ty job. I wouldn't be too mad..
Old 04-11-2007, 09:00 PM
beastzilla02
5th Gear Member

be glad he didnt say he did a good job and then gave you the car with a ****ty vinyl job done...he could have ripped you off..so just wait another day big deal.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:09 PM
PaceStang
2nd Gear Member

[]Sorry to hear bout your stripes. I was suppose to have mine done last week but theinstaller told me the manufacturer is having issues creating the stripes. Something about them not lining up correctly when laid across the bumper and trunk. I checked several places in Delaware and they all told me the same thing. It's a manufacturer thing and maybe yours didn't get the"email" bout it. Damn shame! I was really po'd cause I really wanted them. Everyone is now saying get them painted but I'm not dumping $1000 into stripes. Good luck with yours. I hope your "stang" is ok! Keep us posted!
Old 04-11-2007, 09:19 PM
jrm1900
2nd Gear Member

Cheer up, maybe you are being overhauled hehe,
Seriously while I understand you frustration,please rememberthatwe are all humans and make mistakes if the shop or the installer takes responsability for the problem and he is willing to fix what is the big deal?, relax and take it easy, soon you will haveyour beloved Mustang back and looking better than ever, there are bigger problems in life to be concerned about.
Good luck
Old 04-11-2007, 10:41 PM
6xStang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Britinastang

+1000. How can you be pissed when he manned up and said it wasn't up to his quality standards and is redoing completely at his own expense???? Would you prefer that he delivered a piece of crap and told you to kiss off?

When you pick up the car, if it is perfect, go out and buy the man a beer.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:46 PM
Rsmin
1st Gear Member

Looks like you found an installer with a little integrity. Might be why he is "the guy" who does all the work for the dealers in Hartford.

Rusty

Quick Reply: Vinyl Stripe Install - Need to vent