Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search


2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!


Why is there no light in the glove box....?

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-24-2007, 06:58 PM   #41
Vista_Blue_GT
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location:
Posts: 355
Default RE: Why is there no light in the glove box....?

Quote:
ORIGINAL: TinPony

Careful Vista_Blue_GT.... some car salesman will exploit that anxious excitement to slip one right past you. You could end up not getting what you think your getting. File that for future reference.
why the parents were there signing and pricing

but about the lights...i think its something that would be good for if your car breaks down on the side of the road...but i think all i would want for lights would be a hood light and glove box light...and about the weight??? 5-10 pounds max...it wont hurt performance at all, you could gain that much sitting down and eating a couple of meals, so i know that isnt the reason ford didnt put these lights on our cars

and about you guys saying why did you buy the car if you didnt like something MINOR about it??? thats just it, lights are a minor thing its not that we have to have it...its just that we would like to have it
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
__________________

Boomtube Crew Member
MODS: FRPP 3.73 gears, Eibach Pro-Kit, C&L Intake, Cervini's C-series hood/spoiler, Roush Front Fashia, 35% Tint
Vista_Blue_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 08:21 PM   #42
white531
1st Gear Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 134
Default RE: Why is there no light in the glove box....?

If i would have done my RESEARCH i would not have bought one of these cars.How about that 2 piece drive shaft.Lets see, thats really hi tech.Wait,it's raining out,i'll have to get on my rain boots so i can keep my feet dry while driving.I fixed my front end thunking,i wear ear plugs.
white531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 09:05 PM   #43
Country1969
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location:
Posts: 254
Default RE: Why is there no light in the glove box....?

Hey listen, don't be rude. They are just saying it would've been nice to have these little things include in the Mustang.
Sure you can put a flashlight in your glove box or even mount a stick up light in there. They are just wondering why Ford has to cut these things from the Mustang.

All cars have room for improvement. It didn't stop me from buying one because there's not trunk release button in the glove box or a light under the hood. It's just things they could have done for the price you paid for the Stang or took away from the newer Mustangs that they had on the older ones.

Oh yeah, all you guys that say we are bitching ,you have nothing to bitch about your car?
Most people install new exhaust system because the stock ones suck they say.
Most people install new stereos because the shaker 500 or 1000 skips. I guess you didn't no that when you bought the car did you. I never had any problems with mine.

Instead of giving us more in the Mustangs they are deleting things.
I hope that sums it up for US that are "bitching" like many of you out are saying.

Some minor things deleted would have been nice to have. Not Important! Just nice to have.
__________________
2005 V6 COUPE PREM
4.0L SOHC V6 ENGINE
5-SPEED AUTO TRANSMISSION
TORCH RED CLEARCOAT
CRIMSON RED LEATHER TRIM SPT BUCKET SEATS
INTERIOR UPGRADE PACKAGE
EXTERIOR SPORT APPEARANCE PKG

Coming Soon: BILLET INTERIOR UPGRADES
Country1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 09:09 PM   #44
Derf00
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Vehicle: '08 S197 GT
Location: AZ
Posts: 9,885
Default RE: Why is there no light in the glove box....?

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Vernon Tull

Supernaut -- Your response is both funny and ultimately true. However, I think the point many of us are trying to make is that for the considerablecost ofa new GT, it should have more amenities and conveniences and not be so stark and lacking. These dam*ed Huyndais and Kias have more thought put into what a driver uses and needs, and they cost one-half as much as a new GT. Plus, if Mustangs had all these amenities at one time (which they did at some point from '87 to '04) then why don't they now? That's going backwards in refinement on Ford's part.
Koreans also don't pay their workers squat. We can't pay someone $30-$40 an hour on the detroit assembly line then expect to sell a mustang for $15K it just doesn't work that way.

Also, these $5-15 dollar parts that people keep mentioning, that's what ford would buy them for. Put R&D into making themsomewhat work/fit properly then, by the time they get "installed' on the line, marked up from R&D to Labor to OEM to dealer then from dealer to us that price would be $150 add 10 of those and the cost of a basic V6 or GT just went up by $1500-$2000. Which starts to putpeeps on the fence about a Mustang vs whatever. It's economics. How else do you think Ford was able to maintain the cost of a Mustang close to what it's been selling for? I bought my 00 V6 for 18,900 (Basic one with a few extras) A basic V6 now costs 21500 or so. I'd say that's a pretty low increase for over seven years and a completely new generation. Imports..easily jump 2-5K every time they introduce a new model year. If they don't, they too cut corners.

What ford cut in amenities they improved in ride quality. The new 05+ mustangs have the best drivability of previous years because they actually did something right with the solid rear axle. They added a panhard setup and tweaked things to where you really don't need IRS to get decent handling. That's where the costs went. They cut the fluff to get to the heart of the beast. It's a trade-off.
__________________
08 S197 GT Auto: FRPP Strut Tower Brace, FRPP Bullitt CAI, Bama 91-P Tune, VBX remaned valve body with Superior Transmission Shift Kit.
Pending upgrades: Shaftmasters Aluminum 3.5" DS, FRPP 3.73 gears, Axle back exahust (?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostBoyz View Post
if you are getting 29mpg in your 5.0, you aren't driving it correctly
Derf00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 10:28 PM   #45
Vista_Blue_GT
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location:
Posts: 355
Default RE: Why is there no light in the glove box....?

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Country1969

Hey listen, don't be rude. They are just saying it would've been nice to have these little things include in the Mustang.
Sure you can put a flashlight in your glove box or even mount a stick up light in there. They are just wondering why Ford has to cut these things from the Mustang.

All cars have room for improvement. It didn't stop me from buying one because there's not trunk release button in the glove box or a light under the hood. It's just things they could have done for the price you paid for the Stang or took away from the newer Mustangs that they had on the older ones.

Oh yeah, all you guys that say we are bitching ,you have nothing to bitch about your car?
Most people install new exhaust system because the stock ones suck they say.
Most people install new stereos because the shaker 500 or 1000 skips. I guess you didn't no that when you bought the car did you. I never had any problems with mine.

Instead of giving us more in the Mustangs they are deleting things.
I hope that sums it up for US that are "bitching" like many of you out are saying.

Some minor things deleted would have been nice to have. Not Important! Just nice to have.

AMEN!!!!!!!

i wouldnt say we are bitchin about these things...just wondering why ford didnt give us a freaking hood light

and about saying it would cost aroung $1500-2000 to put in a couple of lights is bs...and about the v6 being 2k more than previous years, you also have to think about how much the price of everything has went up in the last couple of years and you also get a bigger motor

__________________

Boomtube Crew Member
MODS: FRPP 3.73 gears, Eibach Pro-Kit, C&L Intake, Cervini's C-series hood/spoiler, Roush Front Fashia, 35% Tint
Vista_Blue_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 11:02 PM   #46
06blueovalblueGT
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Lynn Haven, Florida
Posts: 370
Default RE: Why is there no light in the glove box....?

Just like girls,
some lock the box,
some don't................
__________________

2006 Vista Blue GT
Wife Loves it to....[auto]
SHAKER!!!loves it to [AEROSMITH]
How bout them " G A T O R S " baby !!
06blueovalblueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 11:06 PM   #47
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 4,182
Default RE: Why is there no light in the glove box....?

[sm=loser.gif][sm=icon_blah.gif]
Quote:
ORIGINAL: white531

If i would have done my RESEARCH i would not have bought one of these cars.How about that 2 piece drive shaft.Lets see, thats really hi tech.Wait,it's raining out,i'll have to get on my rain boots so i can keep my feet dry while driving.I fixed my front end thunking,i wear ear plugs.
__________________
Whipple Crew Member


468whp 463 lb/ft tq
2007 Black premium GT
BMC member #07208
blueherd02gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 01:45 AM   #48
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!
 
mygt500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 2006 Ford Mustang GT
Location: Detroit Rock City!
Posts: 15,614
Default RE: Why is there no light in the glove box....?

its a sports car! Who cares...LOL JMO
Quote:
ORIGINAL: Speedyejl

Gas cap that locks
Vainity lights
Trim on the deck lid
Return springs on non power seats
Adjustable heat levels for heated seats
Retractable side mirrors
Footwell lights
Dome Light
Rear passanger lights
Rear floor mats
Quarter windows that work

-Good god the list goes on and on
__________________

2006 Mustang GT with Cervinis Kit
Whipple Crew member
H.O. S/C 465 RWHP and 440RWTQ



link to Michigan regional chapter

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3342086

www.mocsem.com
mygt500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 03:50 AM   #49
bl1nk
5th Gear Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,881
Default RE: Why is there no light in the glove box....?

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Vernon Tull

Supernaut -- Your response is both funny and ultimately true. However, I think the point many of us are trying to make is that for the considerablecost ofa new GT, it should have more amenities and conveniences and not be so stark and lacking. These dam*ed Huyndais and Kias have more thought put into what a driver uses and needs, and they cost one-half as much as a new GT. Plus, if Mustangs had all these amenities at one time (which they did at some point from '87 to '04) then why don't they now? That's going backwards in refinement on Ford's part.
Guess thats what happens when you totally redesign a car from the ground up... some minor things get forgotten and lost in the confusion.[&:] Minor trade offs, IMO. Cant have it all.
__________________

bl1nk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 05:31 PM   #50
Supernaut
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location:
Posts: 188
Default RE: Why is there no light in the glove box....?

If you compare the Mustang to other cars, you will find that it is absolutely impossible to get anything with our performance for less than $10k more. That is because those other car companies add amenities that those status buyers want, like lots of lights and multiple heat levels in the seat. If you research a) the competition and b) the development history ofthe S197, you will find that it is very difficult to offer a V8 performance vehicle at $25k, or even the V6 at $19k. Check that Car and Driver article someone has posted on another thread recently. The fact is that both the V6 and V8 Mustangs offer better performance than any price competitior.

So you get what you pay for: either gadgets or go.Take your pick. I pick go. Tell you the truth, I like that the car feels a little stark. It's clean and uncluttered. Musculine. Peacefull. Focussed.

I've never seen an under hood light. Is that common now?
__________________
1972 Buick Riviera boattail
1977 Caddy Eldorado
1987 Mustang notch
1998 Grand Prix GTP
2007 Mustang GT
Supernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 05:47 PM   #51
ohsixgt1217
4th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ft.Myers, Florida
Posts: 1,064
Default RE: Why is there no light in the glove box....?

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Supernaut

The fact is that both the V6 and V8 Mustangs offer better performance than any price competitior.

So you get what you pay for: either gadgets or go.Take your pick. I pick go. Tell you the truth, I like that the car feels a little stark. It's clean and uncluttered. Musculine. Peacefull. Focussed.

I've never seen an under hood light. Is that common now?
Not true. As much as i hate them srt-4's and a WRX will rape us stock for stock. It really wouldnt cost ford all the much to throw a lock on a gas cap and a bulb on the headliner tho.
__________________
ohsixgt1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:16 PM   #52
moe07
2nd Gear Member
 
moe07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Vehicle: 2007 Mustang Gt
Location: NH
Posts: 223
Default RE: Why is there no light in the glove box....?

How much light do you need? When i unlock my car the headlights, tail lights, interior lights all come on. Trunk release?It's with the key. locking glove box? I have an alarm. Locking gas cap? Move to a better place.
__________________
2007 GT Premium coupe, Flowmaster American Thurder Exhaust, AVS Tail light bezels, stripe kit, shorty antenna. Brenspeed 93 octane tune, Hurst shifter, Ford Racing 3.73 gears
moe07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:13 PM   #53
jcw
1st Gear Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location:
Posts: 95
Default RE: Why is there no light in the glove box....?

the lack of interior lights is usually good except when you drop your license while pulled over and cant find it. some cops have no patients...... or sense of humor
jcw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 09:02 PM   #54
Speedyejl
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location:
Posts: 367
Default RE: Why is there no light in the glove box....?

Guys your missing the point.

Ford has no money, they are cutting ridiculous corners to get out of the huge hole they are in.

It just going to cause more problems for them in the long run. Aside from a Mustang (and Ford Trucks) I would never touch a Ford product.

On another note, my '97 Expedition XLT has all the LUXURIES like footwell lamps and dome lights. It even has some cool extras.
__________________
Speedyejl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 01:12 AM   #55
Supernaut
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location:
Posts: 188
Default RE: Why is there no light in the glove box....?

I think that the SRT-4 will prove to be inherently limited by it's fwd chassis, andwill never run with a Mustang GT. It's cheap and quick but DAMN is that ugly. It makes the Subaru look suave.

The STi is a $30,000 + car. Yes it is fast, but spend the price difference on a GT and you will turn the tables. Not in a rally race though. AWD is the best way to put down power. I've seen AWD Mitsubishi's smoke Vettes and Porche around a track.

Also, those turbo 4s are already maxed. The 4.6 is tuned lazy and can take up to 500 hp with no internal mods. A couple weekends ago, I drove3 hours from NH to RI ata comfy 90+. Try that with 4 cylinders. Your teeth would fall out.

I'm telling you, theS197is the performance bargain of the century. GM is having a nervous breakdown trying to price the new Camaro within range of the Stang.
__________________
1972 Buick Riviera boattail
1977 Caddy Eldorado
1987 Mustang notch
1998 Grand Prix GTP
2007 Mustang GT
Supernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 01:39 AM   #56
hammeron
6th Gear Member
 
hammeron's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Vehicle: 2006 GT
Location: Nicely done
Posts: 11,738
Default RE: Why is there no light in the glove box....?

my tundra even has a light in the ash tray for
heaven's sake





Quote:
ORIGINAL: CroDalmatinac

I mean Ford...seriously cut corners if you want but the freaking Model T had that...

Not really but you get the point
__________________
2006 GT Supercharged



Whipple 12psi, Aluminator 8.7:1, Hot Rod cams.
hammeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 01:40 AM   #57
ohsixgt1217
4th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ft.Myers, Florida
Posts: 1,064
Default RE: Why is there no light in the glove box....?


Trust me i agree full-heartidly. Those srt-4's are damn ugly, but **** are they quick for a stock $20K car. And yeah the sti is above $30K, but i was talking about the base WRX, my buddy got his for $24K and that little turbo car is pretty quick too stock..... Lol after i got my stang my cousin raced me in his srt-4 (which was stock as well), and lets just say i forced myself to start modding that week, lol! But yes i agree waaay more potential for a GT....just saying stock for stock there are some quick 4-bangers out there for pretty cheap.


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Supernaut

I think that the SRT-4 will prove to be inherently limited by it's fwd chassis, andwill never run with a Mustang GT. It's cheap and quick but DAMN is that ugly. It makes the Subaru look suave.

The STi is a $30,000 + car. Yes it is fast, but spend the price difference on a GT and you will turn the tables. Not in a rally race though. AWD is the best way to put down power. I've seen AWD Mitsubishi's smoke Vettes and Porche around a track.

Also, those turbo 4s are already maxed. The 4.6 is tuned lazy and can take up to 500 hp with no internal mods. A couple weekends ago, I drove3 hours from NH to RI ata comfy 90+. Try that with 4 cylinders. Your teeth would fall out.

I'm telling you, theS197is the performance bargain of the century. GM is having a nervous breakdown trying to price the new Camaro within range of the Stang.
__________________
ohsixgt1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 02:02 PM   #58
Orion_240
6th Gear Member
 
Orion_240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 2008 Shelby GT Convertible
Location: West Los Angeles
Posts: 5,371
Default RE: Why is there no light in the glove box....?

Just a few comments.
I too at first wondered where all those nice options/ammenities were. Especially when I sat in a fully loaded Infinity G35 and the Lexus is350. Those have so many cool gadgets, like the electric telescoping/tilt steering wheel, the seat memories, automatic than has a sport mode, etc. But when I looked at the price I just wasn't able to make that financial leap! I guess if I had to drive more everyday or if I had to impress my passenger (like real estate agents), but I think Ford has a point in leaving out those, letting its buyers customize their cars if they want. Not everyone wants/needs a underhood light. rear floor mats, trunk light ( in the vert, right?) or even the seat memory.
I think Ford should offer those as options with the Mustang. They do with so many other cars. I'd rather pay $35,000 for a fully loaded GT with the seat memory, manual mode tranny, navigation, electric back massage, etc. than buy a loaded GS, is350, 350Z, 335i, A4R...
__________________

2008 Shelby GT Convertible, Vista Blue, Auto, 100% stock

Sold:2005 Mustang GT, Premium, Screaming Yellow, Auto, Interior Upgrade Package, Black Bullitts & Eibach Pro-Kit Louvers are featured here:http://www.wheelskin.com/
Orion_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 06:27 PM   #59
Supernaut
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location:
Posts: 188
Default RE: Why is there no light in the glove box....?

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Orion_240

Just a few comments.
I too at first wondered where all those nice options/ammenities were. Especially when I sat in a fully loaded Infinity G35 and the Lexus is350. Those have so many cool gadgets, like the electric telescoping/tilt steering wheel, the seat memories, automatic than has a sport mode, etc. But when I looked at the price I just wasn't able to make that financial leap! I guess if I had to drive more everyday or if I had to impress my passenger (like real estate agents), but I think Ford has a point in leaving out those, letting its buyers customize their cars if they want. Not everyone wants/needs a underhood light. rear floor mats, trunk light ( in the vert, right?) or even the seat memory.
I think Ford should offer those as options with the Mustang. They do with so many other cars. I'd rather pay $35,000 for a fully loaded GT with the seat memory, manual mode tranny, navigation, electric back massage, etc. than buy a loaded GS, is350, 350Z, 335i, A4R...
I agree! I like that you just buy the performance, and the rest you option yourself. But I wonder if they could make a business case for offering more factory options. It seems to me that it is a lot cheaper to add options than to develop another car. Why not offer 20k in miscelaneous options, and allowthe Mustang GT to load up to theposhG35? It's gotta be cheaper than designing a Ford G35. They're pretty much the same type of car. The G35 is just a fully loaded350Z, a direct Mustang competitor. Some people have asked why Ford doesn't offer a Mercury Cougar and do this very thing. I'm all for it. I just dont want the Mustang to lose focus. I think they hit the sweet spot just the way it is. But I can see a strongcase for offering more to those who want it.
__________________
1972 Buick Riviera boattail
1977 Caddy Eldorado
1987 Mustang notch
1998 Grand Prix GTP
2007 Mustang GT
Supernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 07:31 PM   #60
bodyputtyless
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location:
Posts: 912
Default RE: Why is there no light in the glove box....?

You can offset the lack of a light in the glove box by buying only glow in the dark condoms.
__________________
2006 Red Fire GT Convertible.
1970 Medium Lime Metallic Mach 1
1997 Pacific green/silver F 150 ext cab 4x4
2002 Navy Blue Escape 4x4
2009 Smokestone Mercury Milan Premier
[IMG][IMG]
bodyputtyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 07:31 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang




Paid Advertisement

 
 
 
Reply

Tags
2007, 2008, 2011, box, compartment, engine, fit, glove, glovebox, gt, light, manual, mercury, milan, mustang, owners

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I think I broke something. please help. One Bad Stang 2005 - 2014 Mustangs 18 04-20-2009 08:08 PM
gt wont start simpsonfan13 5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang 16 01-11-2008 12:21 PM

Advertising

Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory
New Sponsors
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:44 PM.

© Internet Brands, Inc.


This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company
Emails Backup