Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 10-22-2015, 03:51 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Ford Mustang Exterior Guides
Print Wikipost

CDC Classic Chin Spoiler install (w/pics)

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 12:22 AM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

Default RE: CDC Classic Chin Spoiler install (w/pics)

http://wheelskin.com/Merchant2/merch...nd-accessories that one right?
Old 02-11-2008, 12:59 PM
tonkpils555666sas
4th Gear Member

Awsome Instructions!!! Thanks
Old 02-11-2008, 01:18 PM
RHuckster
2nd Gear Member

SWEET!!
I'm ordering 1 soon but I'm 2 toning mine, black in the center to line up with the lower grille & color matched on the out sides.

Rick
Old 04-21-2009, 04:26 PM
byeofficer07

Thanks for the info, think this will be a good apearance mod for my 07
Old 10-08-2012, 11:32 AM
macman756
2nd Gear Member

Has anyone installed this without painting it? I rather like the black urethan look. Can it be left unpainted?
Old 10-08-2012, 01:29 PM
CDCSales
Former Sponsor

Warning! After installation of this spoiler, your front end will be lower. Forget about what you heard or read about the front ground clearance not changing, it will be lower by 2 1/2 inches.
Taco Bill,
Thanks for posting this thread to help illustrate the ease of installation with our Classic Chin Spoilers.

I would like to clarify for everyone though that the above (quoted) statement is not accurate. This Chin spoiler WILL NOT LOWER your vehicle's front fascia even 1/4"! The lowest point of your front fascia (which is not the same as the lowest visible part of this fascia is exactly the same height off the ground as the lowest edge of this spoiler. It WILL change your approach angle, however because it sticks out about 2" from the lower front edge of the fascia. It was designed this way to give your vehicle a more aggressive look, while avoiding any further possibility of damage.

The aggressive chin spoiler, however, will move your stock ride height to 5.75" from the ground. If you have a lowered vehicle, you can adjust the ride height estimate to account for the drop.

The V6 Chin Spoiler will bring the lowest edge/surface of your fascia down approximately 1".

Macman - The Classic and V6 spoilers are designed to be left unpainted. They are grained and colored to match the factory appearance of your side mirror housings perfectly.

Hope this helps, please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns about our products.

Thank you!
Reon

Last edited by CDCSales; 10-08-2012 at 01:32 PM.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:17 PM
HKSkook
1st Gear Member

Great thread! I'm picking one of these on Saturday for $40!
Old 11-30-2012, 07:50 AM
CDCSales
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by HKSkook
Great thread! I'm picking one of these on Saturday for $40!
Please be weary of inferior duplicates (knockoffs). This spoiler has been copied a few times and $40 is alarmingly cheap for this component. Make sure you're asking for CDC by name. We have a LIFETIME WARRANTY on this component which means that unless you slam it into a bunch of parking blocks, you will only have to buy it once. PLUS, we have a chin splitter that you can add later if you're looking for a slightly more aggressive look down the road.

Please let me know if you have any questions,

Thanks!
Reon
Old 11-30-2012, 05:17 PM
HKSkook
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by CDCSales
Please be weary of inferior duplicates (knockoffs). This spoiler has been copied a few times and $40 is alarmingly cheap for this component. Make sure you're asking for CDC by name. We have a LIFETIME WARRANTY on this component which means that unless you slam it into a bunch of parking blocks, you will only have to buy it once. PLUS, we have a chin splitter that you can add later if you're looking for a slightly more aggressive look down the road.

Please let me know if you have any questions,

Thanks!
Reon
Thanks for the concern. Truth is I found this on Craigslist. A guy bought a bunch of parts as a package deal and has no use for the chin. I cant say for sure it is CDC or not. For $40 I'm willing to roll the dice on this one.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:15 AM
HKSkook
1st Gear Member

Well the old saying too good to be true has once again come into play..... Went to pick up the $40 Chin off Craigs list and it had both mounting tabs snapped on the left side. Also had a big crack on the bottom. Even without those two fatal flaws it still would not be worth $5. It looked like it had been run in a demo derby, needless to say I didnt buy it. Thats Craigslist I guess win some lose some.......

Quick Reply: CDC Classic Chin Spoiler install (w/pics)