Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

We need a texas cruise :(

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 10:51 PM
05slpGT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: We need a texas cruise :(

well off topic who wants to go to HRP on the 18th or 25th?
Old 05-09-2007, 10:52 PM
Warlok
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05slpGT

San antonio is a good idea ive never been to that track thoguh, not sure how nice it is.
Hey you guys. I'll see if I have some pics to post or email to you of San Antonio Raceway. Its only a few years old, and has the most monsterous parking for the cars racing I ever saw.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:00 PM
EmperorOfChicken
5th Gear Member

im in dallas, well addison really. u guys are kinda far away
Old 05-09-2007, 11:09 PM
TheDarkPath
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05slpGT

well off topic who wants to go to HRP on the 18th or 25th?
I'm going this Sunday (13th). I work all day/night on the 18th. The 25th is a possibility. I prefer Sundays since it's less crowded (but there's still a nice array of cars out there) so I can get more runs in and wait in line less.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:32 PM
Bucket05
1st Gear Member

Come on...Everyone is just talkin' about how cool it would be...Lets make this happen...Im in southwest Louisiana so I not too sure on a good meeting place in Texas, but I will meet up where every you guys pick...Someone step up and make this happen..COME ON GUYS!!!!
Old 05-09-2007, 11:48 PM
godminus1
2nd Gear Member

Didn't Borat say that Texas is in California?
Old 05-10-2007, 12:15 AM
TheDarkPath
3rd Gear Member

Let's plan something for August or September so it's not so blazing hot. That'll make for comfortable weather to hang out and talk and also better times at the track. It'll also give people plenty of time to plan for it.

What needs to be decided is are we just going to meet up, talk, and show off our rides, then go for a cruise for an hour or two and then maybe some track time. The alternative would be a weekend-type event. Saturday could be the cruise and we could plan things to do, places to go, etc for those who can and want to participate. Sunday could be the track day. If we met in SA, the Houston and surrounding area people could all meet up on Friday and cruise to SA together. That'd be cool...mini-cruise before the major one.

OR...we could have the meet in Houston. On Saturday, cruise to Crystal Beach and hang out for the day. Sunday we could all meet up at HRP and do some racing.

June will definitely be bad for me so at the earliest July (if we do the Houston meet and the beach).
Old 05-10-2007, 01:27 AM
mightymouse
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TheDarkPath

Let's plan something for August or September so it's not so blazing hot. That'll make for comfortable weather to hang out and talk and also better times at the track. It'll also give people plenty of time to plan for it.

What needs to be decided is are we just going to meet up, talk, and show off our rides, then go for a cruise for an hour or two and then maybe some track time. The alternative would be a weekend-type event. Saturday could be the cruise and we could plan things to do, places to go, etc for those who can and want to participate. Sunday could be the track day. If we met in SA, the Houston and surrounding area people could all meet up on Friday and cruise to SA together. That'd be cool...mini-cruise before the major one.

OR...we could have the meet in Houston. On Saturday, cruise to Crystal Beach and hang out for the day. Sunday we could all meet up at HRP and do some racing.

June will definitely be bad for me so at the earliest July (if we do the Houston meet and the beach).
Sorry cheef i don't get in the salty sand but we could do cheery hill onthe islandfor pics and the guys that want to street race have plenty of road to get it on.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:03 AM
TheDarkPath
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mightymouse

ORIGINAL: TheDarkPath

Sorry cheef i don't get in the salty sand but we could do cheery hill onthe islandfor pics and the guys that want to street race have plenty of road to get it on.
I'm all for photo ops!! I'll pass on the street racing though, if it's going to be a big gathering, I'd rather take every precaution to keep everyone out of jail. We can race at HRP though!!
Old 05-10-2007, 02:07 AM
John06GT
2nd Gear Member

I'm just north of houston but would be down for a meet anywhere. Let me know if ya'll decide to do it!

Quick Reply: We need a texas cruise :(