Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vert worth it? Topless or not

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 06:38 AM
saltzy
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Vert worth it? Topless or not

ORIGINAL: Stkjock

err, right then....btw - your village called, their idiot is missing.
[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

These cars are sexy as hell in a vert.... I get stares and thumbs up not to mention the "cool" car or "nice ride" type comments all the time......
Honest to God, I wasn't going to reply, but in 36 years of life I have never heard the opinion that a convertible is a "chick" car or a queer car, Mustang or otherwise. Although I do appreciate opinions like this--they help me understand exactly who keeps electing some of the politicians we have in the U.S.
Old 08-25-2007, 06:48 AM
richmod
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Tri C
Might that be because class and bad a$$ are mutually exclusive?
What does class have to do with it? If you think only classless people drive bad a$$ GT's, you've just insulted alot of people on these boards. I'll assume you were kidding.

Perhaps I should rephrase: I've never seen a bad a$$ vert that wouldn't look more bad a$$ as a coupe. I like the vert - I came very close to buying one. But I decided that I wanted this car to be the bad a$$ muscle car that I never had when I was younger. And everytime I pictured that car in my head, it was a coupe.
Old 08-25-2007, 07:28 AM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

A little uncomfortable with your sexuality there? Maybe you should trade it in on a big *** 4x4 lol or a Hemi!
ORIGINAL: Mudbus

Convertables are for women IMO. There is definate female feel to them. Not that theres anything wrong with that, if your a chick or a fella playing for the other team, who am i to stand in your way. But i like the coupe look on every mustang and always will.
Old 08-25-2007, 07:45 AM
lcbrownz

I have driven both, coupe is too confining for tall people. My red 07 vert pulls the women in. If you like leather seats, go for the coupe, leatherbakesand cracks in the 90 to 100 degree heat in the vert. I have cloth and it's hot the cloth doesnt stick to you.

On speed, my vert seemstohug the roadthe faster it goes.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:24 AM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

and.... my vert.... will run low 12s.....................
Old 08-25-2007, 09:49 AM
kodos78
2nd Gear Member

Wow, lots of folks here have issues with convertible drivers.
I for one think that the black Mustang Vert with Black Top and tinted rear window and back side windows looks awesome. Hmm, that's the car I drive!

I have never owned a convertible until this car. I always wanted one, but for one reason or another I never had one. Mostly because for the price, the Mustang GT is the only convertible worth having to me (RWD, V8) until you start spending some big bucks (ala Vette convertible).

I am hooked. I will always have a convertible from now on if I'm able to.

You feel so much more connected to your car, and the outside world, it's pretty incredible.

The other evening, I was driving when the sun had just gone down. Probably 70 degrees outside, and the wind running through my hair -- Magnaflows burbling at around 2k RPMs, Jazz playing off the iPhone, and I could think is: "Life is Good".

A convertible V8 shifted manually with the top down is an absolute treat. Everyone should experience it at least once in their lifetime. When the weather is absolutely perfect, and you can take the time to enjoy it -- you'll understand why us Vert lovers are the way we are! And I sure as heck don't play for "the other team".

And I get TONS of compliments on the thing. A lot of older folks too, which is unusual for me. I think it brings back memories of "when I used to have a Mustang Convertible"

Old 08-25-2007, 11:37 AM
rogan01
3rd Gear Member

I really don't think the vert is for you - Don't buy one - they are for girls and not manly men. I hate them. PLEASE END THIS THREAD..
Old 08-25-2007, 12:03 PM
zkiller
4th Gear Member

My vert runs mid 11s and it would not look as bad@ss as a girly coupe!

[IMG]local://upfiles/60110/B9F026AF7FC5481ABF36C038668C4D31.jpg[/IMG]
Old 08-25-2007, 01:01 PM
lynwood78
3rd Gear Member

vert vs coupe ooohhh wow What a piece of **** discussion. We all know coupes are the best haha So ****ing what if your vert runs mid 11 it looks like **** bioootch!
Old 08-25-2007, 01:12 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Rt1Rebel

ORIGINAL: richmod

I have never seen a bad a$$ looking vert. 'Nuff said.
And I don't suppose you've ever heard of Racin Jason Betwarda.

A great soldier we lost[&o]R.I.P. Racin Jason..................................

Quick Reply: Vert worth it? Topless or not