Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A little pissed

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 06:36 PM
EskimoPie
1st Gear Member

Default RE: A little pissed

ORIGINAL: Scotte28516

The general public cannot buy and own fully automatic weapons, in any state. He made it sound as though anybody can walk down the street with them just as you legally can with a handgun.
Actually Scotte you are dead wrong... Any joe schmoe 'general public' person can own a fully automatic weapon. It's simply very expensive. Assuming you aren't legally prevented from owning a firearm from a felony or other reason you just have to get the appropriate tax stamps (which can be expensive and take a long time to get approved). Plus the full auto weapons (defined as class III firearms) are very expensive because it's been illegal to sell new ones in the US for quite some time.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:41 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

Yup ... I have a few AR15's with 11.5 and 14.5 inch barrels legally registered as Short Barreled Rifles (SBR) ... cost $200 plus some photos and fingerprints. The price to register a Fully Automatic is the same. The price to register a silencer is the same. All these are 100% legal as long as they are registered. Automatics ain't cheap though ... check out these classifieds ...

http://www.subguns.com/classifieds/?...=&session_key=

ORIGINAL: EskimoPie

ORIGINAL: Scotte28516

The general public cannot buy and own fully automatic weapons, in any state. He made it sound as though anybody can walk down the street with them just as you legally can with a handgun.
Actually Scotte you are dead wrong... Any joe schmoe 'general public' person can own a fully automatic weapon. It's simply very expensive. Assuming you aren't legally prevented from owning a firearm from a felony or other reason you just have to get the appropriate tax stamps (which can be expensive and take a long time to get approved). Plus the full auto weapons (defined as class III firearms) are very expensive because it's been illegal to sell new ones in the US for quite some time.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:43 PM
Rdot9
DubStep Stu

ORIGINAL: 05gtdriver

Well, are they at least parallel? My car already had the dealer plate screwed in before I purchased it, but the nimrods made the holes about a couple of mm off[:@]Doesn't sound like much, but when you really, really look at it, you can tell it's ever so slightly crooked. Luckily now my stripes distract anyone from staring at the plate. Buy a take-off bumper cover(they shouldn't have holes in them since they comeoff cars that never get dealer prepped).
hmm thats my problem too, everytime i look at the back bumper i wanna go smack the guy who drilled the holes.
I also told them not to drill holes in the front but guess what... they did it anyways[:@]but now i need some white paint to paint the screws and put em in so there are no holes
Old 09-12-2007, 07:21 PM
Burnsy
5th Gear Member

i didnt say anything about it, i ordered my car, it was delivered to me, and when i popped the trunk the front plate was in there